As humans we have seven main chakras that make up our energy body; the root chakra, sacral chakra, solar plexus chakra, heart chakra, throat chakra, third eye chakra and crown chakra.
Each of these centers resonates at a particular frequency, fulfills a specific vital energetic role, offers specific powers and corresponds to manifestations within the physical body and experience.
Just like our physical bodies need to be maintained in order to function well and be nourished and exercised so that we may thrive; the energy body also requires this intentional essential care and deliberate development.
A blockage or imbalance in any of your chakras can cause an imbalance in your physical body and vice versa: an unhealthy physical biology can cause blockages within the corresponding chakra.
In this article, we shall gain some in-depth knowledge of exactly how you can identify if any of your chakras are blocked and of course some powerful methods that you can use to unblock, rebalance and energize each of your chakras.
How Do You Know If Your Chakras Need Unblocking?
Our energy bodies are able to conduct and radiate life force energy.
This energy is also referred to as Prana or Chi.
Each chakra centre is energized and animated by this life force; a blockage of the flow of chi will have you feeling generally out of alignment, low energy and vibration.
Your energy flow can be affected by your emotional state and beliefs.
Specific emotions and beliefs manifest as blockages within specific chakra centers.
You can identify which of your chakras may be blocked through understanding what energy each chakra corresponds with and therefore the beliefs, fears or trauma that may have caused a blockage.
You can consult your intuition as well as the list of blocked chakra imbalances or characteristics to direct you to where the blockage is so that you can be fully informed on how to most intentionally move forward in you chakra healing journey.
Blocked chakras can be caused by trauma, emotional upset, stress, fear, anxiety and physical health issues.
The side effects of the imbalance can manifest as a physical or energetic repercussion.
Below are some of the possible emotional, energetic and physical traits of blockage in each of the chakras, if you experience a combination of these traits within a chakra it is likely you have some blockage or imbalance.
Possible Blockage Signs For Each Of The Chakras
Blocked Root Chakra Signs
- You often experience fear, anxiety.
- Feeling disconnected from the earth and your physical body.
- Feeling unsafe when there is no reason to.
- You experience constant financial problems and are stuck in a “lack consciousness” mentality.
- You have experienced trauma from abandonment or have a fear of abandonment.
- You experience thoughts and emotions that are angry and hateful and may feel out of control acting on these emotions.
- You may experience constipation, weight issues or health issues relating to your skeletal system.
Blocked Sacral Chakra Signs
- You feel sexually repressed or blocked off from experiencing or expressing your sexuality.
- You may feel like you are unable to experience pleasure or be apathetic towards pleasure (all kinds of pleasure not just sexual).
- You find it challenging being intimate emotionally within your relationships.
- You experience a general lack of creativity or creative blocks.
- You have a deep-seated fear of birth and death.
- You may experience health issues relating to your sexual organs and reproductive organs or a compromised immune system.
Blocked Solar Plexus Chakra Signs
- You experience low self-worth and feelings of insecurity.
- Feeling that you lack confidence.
- You embody weak willpower and often feeling stuck or unable to take action.
- You often find yourself feeling powerless or victimized.
- You experience health imbalances within your digestive system or related to your liver.
Blocked Heart Chakra Signs
- You find yourself easily holding grudges and likely find it difficult to forgive.
- You are non-committal in interpersonal interaction.
- You could find yourself being critical of both yourself and others.
- You may be aware that you have narcissistic tendencies.
- You are easily jealous and possessive.
- You may experiences feelings of loneliness often.
- You have trouble holding onto past heartbreak/trauma unable to heal and move forward.
- You have a health issue related to your heart or lungs.
❤️ Related Post: 6 Great Essential Oils For The Heart Chakra
Blocked Throat Chakra Signs
- You struggle with easily expressing yourself.
- You have a deep fear of or feeling of inability to speak your truth.
- You could alternatively find yourself between the extremes of forceful and aggressive communication or very shy.
- You may find that you struggle to listen well to others or feel unheard when you speak.
- You could have a problem with lying.
- You experience issues with your thyroid or throat related health issues.
Blocked Third Eye Chakra Signs
- You experience a disconnection from your intuition.
- You feel disconnected from people and nature.
- You feel unable to access the feeling of unity and oneness.
- You often find your thoughts are judgemental.
- You can’t remember your dreams.
- You have trouble with inner visualizing or an underactive imagination.
- You may experience physical health issues linked to the pineal and pituitary glands – the imbalance of these glands can cause sleep problems and hormonal imbalances. You can go further on identifying a blocked third eye chakra in the article 11 signs you have blocked third eye chakra
Blocked Crown Chakra Signs
- You feel disconnected from your spirituality or source energy.
- You experience mental imbalances such as anxiety, depression and mental chaos.
- You experience feelings of apathy towards life.
- You have a lack of faith and optimism.
- You may be overly materialistic or only physically focused.
- You experience health issues related to the brain and nervous system.
❤️ Related Posts:
- Have An Overactive Crown Chakra? Here’s 7 Warning Signs To Watch For
- 7 Powerful Crown Chakra Stones & Crystals [Perfect For Chakra Healing]
Ways To Balance Your Chakras
There are so many effective ways to unblock and rebalance your entire chakra system some of these practices work to rebalance and re-energize the entire system but specific variations of each practice can be used to unblock each chakra.
In the following section of this article, we will learn more about how these practices work to unblock and rebalance as well as the relevant specifications for each of the seven chakras.
Meditation is a practice that allows for complete focus and presence, this state of meditation is very effective in assisting you to identify blockages within your chakras and begin the process of healing them.
The state of deep introspection allows you to feel, observe and acknowledge what is present within your energetic body.
Meditation is one of the primary ways to maintain the health of your energy body.
You can use meditation to rebalance and re-energize each of your chakras by using practices such as breathwork, visualization, sound and crystal healing within your meditation to intentionally focus on all of your chakras or a specific blocked chakra that needs attention.
Breathing is a potent practice to unblock any of your chakras.
Intentional deep breathing exercises can engage both the energetic and physical aspects of your health bringing your body system into alignment.
You can simply breathe deeply energizing your entire system and also breathe with a specific focus on the chakra you feel needs to be unblocked.
You can do this by combining your chosen breathwork technique with clear intention and visualization.
Your food is part of your body’s source of life force energy.
Maintaining a healthy high vibrational diet is essential to keeping your energy body healthy.
It is best to consume foods that are in their purest and most natural form.
There are actually specific fresh foods that correspond with each chakra; you can refer to the next section of this article to identify which foods you can include in your diet to balance the specific chakra you are focusing on.
#4. Crystal Healing
Crystals are our energetic earthly helpers and healers, each crystal holds a specific steady frequency and by interacting with a crystal you can tune your energy to this frequency.
Various crystals can assist with easily and effectively unblocking each of the chakras.
You can work with your crystals during meditation or simply keep them within your living spaces or on your person in the form of jewelry.
You can also enjoy a crystal healing session, where a trained energy worker will facilitate a session that is tailored to your needs which incorporates various crystals; these sessions can benefit the entire energy body as well as focus on a specific chakra if that is what is needed.
You will find the relevant crystals that you can choose to work with for each of the chakras in the next section of this article.
#5. Sound Healing
Sound has the ability to tune the human body energy centers.
Each of the chakras resonates with a specific tone or audible frequency.
These frequencies can be experiences through technology in the form of audio recorded solfeggio frequencies.
You can also find Tibetan singing bowls or instruments that resonate at the optimal frequency of each of the chakras in balance.
Use the sound to bring the energy of the chakras back into balance.
Sound healing and tuning of the chakras can also be achieved through the use of mantra (a repeated chant that can be listened to or vocalized) each chakra has a resonant Sanskrit mantra.
You can find the mantra syllables as well has frequencies that resonate with each chakra in the next section of this article.
Visualization is an enjoyable technique that you can use to unblock your chakras.
This technique requires an inner visual form of meditation.
You can engage in a guided visualization or simply intuitively visualize a particular chakra, using imagery such as colored light, elements such as water or fire or even envisioning angels or deities cleansing your energy centers.
You can have fun and get creative with this practice, take the time to visualize your energy centers clean, clear and balanced.
The practice of visualization engages the conscious and subconscious mind and sets into motion the manifestation of healthy energized chakras.
A mudra is a specific hand position or posture that activates energy flow within the body.
Each chakra has a relevant mudra and they can be very helpful in releasing blockages within the chakra system and realigning.
Mudras can be used at any time, but are particularly effective when used during meditation.
These specific hand gestures are usually held for a period of time. You will find the recommended mudra for each chakra in the next section of this article.
Affirmations are a great tool for intentionally re-patterning conscious and subconscious beliefs.
A blocked chakra is often the result of limiting or old paradigm beliefs that you may be holding on to.
You can intentionally invite new energy and a higher perspective into your mental patterns through spoken or written affirmations.
These intentionally powerful words will work to tune your thoughts, which will raise your energy and manifest the experience you want to have – unblocked balanced chakras.
For more info on doing affirmations the right way checkout this article.
#9. Colour Therapy
Each color within the spectrum of visible light has an energetic frequency and therefore an interaction with our energy fields.
Colour is actually used as a therapy for the healing and balancing of each of the chakras within our energy bodies.
Each chakra has a corresponding color, you can engage with color though an alternative healing chromotherapy session as well as simply by intentionally surrounding yourself with a color; wearing the color, decorating your home with it and using it through visualization during your chakra meditations.
Reiki is a well-known energy healing technique that directly works with the chakra system.
A trained Reiki practitioner can detect blockages within your energy system and is able to be a conduit of pure source energy; he or she will direct this energy through their hands into your body and specifically to heal blockages and imbalances.
This is a great holistic healing tool to include in your self-care routine.
You can also research the basic principle of Reiki and learn to conduct this energy yourself if you feel called to.
Sometimes it is nice to have someone other than yourself holding space and assisting you with working through your blocks, reiki is perfect if that is what you feel drawn to at this time.
#11. Kundalini yoga
Kundalini yoga is a specialized form of yoga that encompasses practices of asana (physical yoga postures), meditation, powerful breathwork, philosophical study, contemplation and a holistic lifestyle. #
All of these practices within kundalini yoga are directed at balancing the chakras to awaken the kundalini energy – which is a primordial source energy within the body that is activated at the base of the spine (root chakra) and powerfully moves through the chakra system to the top of the head (crown chakra) and beyond – reconnecting with source energy at large.
Kundalini awakening is a spiritual awakening and embodiment of higher consciousness.
The Various Resonant Elements Of Each Of The Seven Chakras
Root Chakra (Muladhara)
Food: berries, pomegranates, beetroot, red chillies, red peppers and tomatoes
Crystals: red jasper, hematite, smokey quartz, bloodstone, tourmaline
Sound frequency: 396Hz
Mudra: the muladhara mudra
Affirmation: ‘I am grounded and abundantly nourished by the earth and my healthy body’
Sacral Chakra (Svadhisthana)
Food: oranges, papayas, peaches, pumpkins, carrots
Crystals: carnelian, citrine, sunstone, amber, Shiva lingum
Sound frequency: 417Hz
Mudra: the Shakti mudra
Affirmation: ‘I feel grateful and it is a pleasure to be alive’
Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura)
Colour: yellow or gold
Food: pineapples, bananas, sweet corn, yellow peppers, turmeric
Crystals: tigers eye, citrine, yellow calcite, rutilated quartz, golden Lemurian
Sound frequency: 528Hz
Mudra: the rudra mudra
Affirmation: ‘I do know that I am fully worthy, powerful and able’
Heart Chakra (Anahata)
Food: leafy greens and sprouts, green apples, broccoli, peas
Crystals: Rose Quartz, Green Opal, Amazonite, Unakite, Rhodochrosite, Jade, Malachite
Here’s a detailed article on heart chakra stones and crystals.
Sound frequency: 639Hz
Mudra: the padma mudra
Affirmation: ‘I love from my open heart, easily and joyfully receiving and giving’
Throat Chakra (Visuddah)
Food: blueberries, mushrooms ginseng, spirulina
Crystals: blue lace agate, turquoise, aquamarine, lapis lazuli
Sound frequency: 741Hz
Mudra: the granthita mudra
Affirmation: ‘I speak my highest truth easily and eloquently’
Third Eye Chakra (Ajna)
Food: blueberries, blackberries, plums, eggplant, purple cabbage
Crystals: moonstone, labradorite, clear quartz, fluorite, celestite
Sound frequency: 852Hz
Mantra: ‘sham’ or ‘aum’
Mudra: mahashirsha mudra
Affirmation: ‘I see clearly from the highest perspective of my intuition, connected to divine universal wisdom’
Crown Chakra (Sahasrara)
Food: pure water and sunlight
Crystals: amethyst, selenite, Herkimer diamond, clear quartz, spirit quartz
Sound frequency: 963Hz
Mantra: ‘aum’ or silence
Mudra: the mudra of a thousand petals
Affirmation: ‘I understand that I am infinite and eternal energy’
How long does it take to unblock your chakras?
There is no set amount of time that it takes to unblock your chakra as the time needed can be dependent upon various factors such as how long your chakra has been blocked and the amount of healing that needs to be done to rebalance your energy.
It is actually a very intuitive process and it would be best to feel into this process, enjoying the energetic and physical improvements at whatever speed they occur as you engage in your practices to unblock the particular chakra you are working on.
The unblocking and rebalancing practices mentioned in this article also serve as re-energizing practices that can be used to maintain a healthy energy body just as you maintain your physical health.
You don’t need to stop at unblocking a chakra, you can actually fine-tune and master each energy center and in doing so you will reap evident benefits of an improved experience of life!