Are you looking for inspiration in your business, with moving forward in life or overcoming an obstacle?
I’ve put together these W. Clement Stone Quotes, as he is a prominent figure in the area of personal development and New Age thinking.
W. Clement Stone was a businessman, leader of thought, writer, and philanthropist who had a significant influence on the field of personal development.
We can even dare to say that he was one of the people who helped shape this field as it is today.
He is an extremely powerful and inspirational figure of the 20th Century, and below I am going to explain why.
Stone was born into a family that was poor and burdened by debt, but he did not let this bring him down.
He founded his own insurance company that created over 1 billion $ in assets by 1979 and co-founded other businesses and charities.
Not only he helped his family out of poverty, but he created a true legacy – in money and so much more.
He is well-known for his book “The success system that never fails” and for becoming the chairman of the Napoleon Hill foundation.
He was a firm believer in PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) and a dedicated practitioner of the principles described in Napoleon Hill’s book “Think and Grow Rich.”
While researching this article, I read a lot of remarkable things about Clement Stone.
However, the things I want to share with you the most because I find them truly unique and inspirational are his attitude toward his wife and how he dealt with the Great Depression.
Clement Stone used to say about his wife that she is “the most beautiful woman in the world,” and he never missed an opportunity to dance with her.
Somehow, even though back in those days couples’ therapy was not available, nor was personal development too much, Stone was one of the people who embodied these concepts through his behavior.
Also, one thing about him that I find remarkable is how he dealt with the Great Depression.
The Great Depression did not bring Stone down – as it did with so many other people, because of his Positive Mental Attitude.
He actually found the motivation to work even more and grow his businesses, as he believed The Depression “forces Good Working Habits”.
He believed that no depression could defeat a person who works hard and who thinks positively, and he was right.
He thrived and developed regardless of what happened around him.
If I convinced you, have a look at the following W. Clement Stone quotes, which are great for the moments when you need inspiration, strength, or motivation!
W. Clement Stone Quotes
1. “Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.”
2. “Analyze your life in terms of its environment. Are the things around you helping you toward success – or are they holding you back?”
3. “If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share.”
4. “There’s great joy in my giving. It’s thrilling. It’s exhilarating. It’s important to be a part of sharing. It is my love. It is my joy.”
5. “Thinking will not overcome fear, but action will.”
6. “Sales are contingent upon the attitude of the salesman – not the attitude of the prospect.”
7. “Have the courage to say no. Have the courage to face the truth. Do the right thing because it is right. These are the magic keys to living your life with integrity.”
8. “Success is achieved and maintained by those who try and keep trying, for there is nothing to lose by trying and a great deal to gain if successful.”
9. “So many fail because they don’t get started – they don’t go. They don’t overcome inertia. They don’t begin.”
10. “There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative.”
11. “If you always do what you have always done, you will always be where you are right now.”
12. “When you do the wrong thing, knowing it is wrong, you do so because you haven’t developed the habit of effectively controlling or neutralizing strong inner urges that tempt you or because you have established the wrong habit and don’t know how to eliminate them effectively.”
13. “Big doors swing on little hinges.”
14. “When life hands you a lemon, squeeze it and make lemonade.”
15. “To solve a problem or to reach a goal, you don’t need to know all the answers in advance. But you must have a clear idea of the problem or the goal you want to reach.”
16. “Tell everyone what you want to do, and someone will want to help you do it.”
17. “If you employed study, thinking, and planning time daily, you could develop and use the power that can change the course of your destiny.”
18. “Be careful with your environment, for it will shape you; be careful with the friends you choose, for you will become like them.”
19. “Every great man, every successful man, no matter what the field of endeavor, has known the magic that lies in these words: every adversity has the seed of an equivalent or greater benefit.”
20. “Enthusiasm is the electric current that keeps the engine of life going at top speed.”
21. “Self-suggestion makes you master of yourself.”
22. “When our attitude towards ourselves is big, and our attitude toward others is generous and merciful, we attract big and generous portions of success.”
23. “If you cannot save money, the seeds of greatness are not in you.”
Inspirational W. Clement Stone Quotes
24. “All personal achievement starts in the mind of the individual. Your personal achievement starts in your mind. The first step is to know exactly what your problem, goal, or desire is.”
25. “The choice is yours. You hold the tiller. You can steer the course you choose in the direction of where you want to be – today, tomorrow, or in a distant time to come.”
26. “Your most precious, valued possessions and your greatest powers are invisible and intangible. No one can take them. You, and you alone, can give them. You will receive abundance for your giving.”
27. “To every disadvantage, there is a corresponding advantage.”
28. “It is interesting to note that life never leaves us stranded. If life hands us a problem, it also hands us the abilities with which to meet the problem.”
29. “Keep your mind on your objective, and persist until you succeed. Study, think, and plan.”
30. “We have a problem. <<Congratulations.>> But it’s a tough problem. <<Then double congratulations.>>”
31. “Bondage is – subjection to external influences and internal negative thoughts and attitudes.”
32. “I feel healthy! I feel happy! I feel terrific!”
33. “The reason so few people are successful is no one has yet found a way for someone to sit down and slide uphill.”
34. “I think there is something more important than believing: Action!”
35. “Be generous! Give to those you love; give to those who love you; give to the fortunate; give to the unfortunate – yes, give especially to those to whom you don’t want to give. You will receive abundance for your giving. The more you give, the more you will have!”
36. “When you know principles that can motivate you, you will then know principles that can motivate others. Conversely, when you know principles that can motivate others, you will then know principles that can motivate you.”
37. “The world is full of dreamers; there aren’t enough who will move ahead and begin to take concrete steps to actualize their vision.”
38. “No matter how carefully you plan your goals, they will never be more than pipe dreams unless you pursue them with gusto.”
39. “There’s a great joy in my giving. It’s thrilling. It’s exhilarating. It’s important to be a part of sharing. It is my love. It is my joy.”
40. “You are a product of your environment. So choose the environment that will best develop you toward your objective.”
W. Clement Stone Quotes That'll Make You Think
41. “The natural law of inertia: Matter will remain at rest or continue in uniform motion in the same straight line unless acted upon by some external force.”
42. “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.”
43. “If there is something to gain and nothing to lose by asking, by all means, ask!”
44. “Bondage is – subjection to external influences and internal negative thoughts and attitudes.”
45. “You, too, can determine what you want. You can decide on your major objectives, targets, aim, and destination.”
46. “Decisions without actions are worthless Failure can be good for you Don’t let mental walls block you in directing your thoughts, control your emotions, ordain your destiny.”
47. “What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?”
48. “Try, try, try, and keep on trying is the rule that must be followed to become an expert in anything.”
49. “Keep your mind off the things you don’t want by keeping it on the things you do want.”
50. “Prayer is a man's greatest power!”
51. “To be happy, make other people happy.”
52. “Events tend to recur in cycles.”
53. “When you discover your mission, you will feel its demand. It will fill you with enthusiasm and a burning desire to get to work on it.”
54. “Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement.”
55. “If there is something to win and nothing to lose from asking a question, then ask whatever it takes.”
56. “Be careful the environment you choose, for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose, for you will become like them.”
57. “Instead of believing the world is plotting to do you harm, choose to believe the world is plotting to do you good. Instead of seeing every difficult, challenging event as a negative, see it for what it could be – something that is meant to enrich you, empower you, or advance your causes.”
58. “When we direct our thoughts properly, we can control our emotions.”
Quotes By W Clement Stone That Are Powerful
59. “You always do what you want to do. This is true with every act. You may say that you had to do something or that you were forced to, but actually, whatever you do, you do it by choice. Only you have the power to choose for yourself.”
60. “Everyone who achieves success in a great venture solves each problem as they come to it. They helped themselves. And they were helped through powers known and unknown to them at the time they set out on their voyage. They keep going regardless of the obstacles they meet.”
61. “Like success, failure is many things to many people. With Positive Mental Attitude, failure is a learning experience, a rung on the ladder, a plateau at which to get your thoughts in order and prepare to try again.”
62. “You affect your subconscious mind through verbal repetition.”
63. “All I want to do is change the world.”
64. “To be energetic, act energetic.”
65. “Regardless of who you are or what you have been, you can be what you want to be.”
66. “ You think you will fail? You are right. You think you will win? You’re right.”
67. “ If you’re losing your integrity in the process of attaining success, it’s not success anymore. It’s a big, big failure.”
68. “ Anything is possible for an open mind, and nothing is possible for a closed mind”.
Which W. Clement Stone Quote is Your Favorite?
As you may have noticed, W. Clement Stone has a lot of quotes from the area of personal development and business development.
In his work, he talked a lot about how our minds create our reality, how anything is possible if you believe it is, and how work and integrity are paramount values for any human being.
His quotes are powerful and inspirational – at least, I feel very inspired after reading this article.
If the positive energy and inspiration have reached you as well, leave us a comment in the comment section below, and tell us which W. Clement Stone quote was your favorite!
Alexandra, the head author at Subconscious Servant is a Psychologist, Reiki Therapist, and writer. She loves writing about any topic from Applied Psychology, Metaphysical and Spiritual healing, hoping that people on a spiritual, self-discovery journey will find guidance and light through her articles. If you want to read more about Alexandra, visit her full author bio here.