What memories do the words “Teddy Bear” evoke for you? Is it warmth, love, purity, and the innocence of a child?
Teddy Bears are a big part of our childhoods – I’m pretty sure almost every child had or has a Teddy Bear growing up, which was, at least for that age, their best friend.
In this article, you will find Teddy Bear quotes that will warm your heart and will make you remember your childhood.
Teddy Bears are for sure a symbol of love, and even though they are usually offered to children as a gift, sometimes lovers can give each other a teddy bear as a symbol of affection.
I remember I had my fair share of teddy bears – but there was one in particular, blue, and I was obsessed with him until the age of 5 or 6.
I even named him “The Blue Teddy Bear,” and once, while returning from the seaside with my family, I forgot him on the train.
Because of this, my father started to run after the train while it was moving at a low speed and convinced the conductor to stop and give him the plush bear.
After that, in early adolescence, my first boyfriend used to give me a lot of Teddy Bears and other plush toys to show his affection.
I used to think that was very sweet until there was barely any room left in my bed and furniture due to too many plush toys.
I am sure you have your own funny stories with teddy bears and many beautiful memories with your childhood Teddy Bear.
Or, you may even have a Teddy Bear received from your significant other as a sign of affection.
If your partner gave you a Teddy Bear, he or she is definitely a hopeless romantic.
As Teddy Bears are a huge part of our lives and everyone loves them, there even is an International Teddy Bear Day – on the 27th of October.
This is the best occasion to send sweet messages to those with whom you share an emotional connection or who have gifted you a TB.
With this occasion, I’ve also included a selection of sweet and romantic Teddy Bear Day Quotes or text messages from which you can choose.
If you love teddy bears or need a sweet, heart-warming quote about Teddy Bears (to use on your social media platform or to send to a loved one), I invite you to have a look at the following Teddy Bear Quotes.
Heart-Warming Teddy Bear Quotes
1. ”A bedroom without a Teddy is like a face without a smile.” – Unknown
2. “A bear remains a bear – even when most of him has fallen off or worn away.” – Unknown
3. “Cry hugging a teddy, and you will never be judged.” – Unknown
4. “Hugging a teddy bear works as a beautiful remedy when you are emotionally weak.” – Unknown
5. “Teddy bears are there to spread love and happiness and fill our lives with goodness.” – Unknown
6. “You really don’t have to be young to find a friend in a Teddy bear” – Rachel Newman
7. “Sometimes, all you need is a teddy bear and a hug from this soft and adorable creature.” – Unknown
8. “When a Teddy Bear is, there is just no fear. With a teddy bear, happiness is always near.” – Unknown
9. “There's always room for a snuggly teddy bear on your bed.” – Unknown
10. “Growing up with teddies has been a beautiful thing that happened to most of us.” – Unknown
11. “There’s no bear like an old bear” – Samantha Armstrong
12. “Your first teddy is the one that holds the most warmth and memories.” – Unknown
13. “Whoever said, <<Diamonds are a girl’s best friend,>> would retract that statement after seeing the sparkle in Teddy’s eyes.” – Unknown
14. “Your teddy bear will never let you down.” – Unknown
15. “A bear grows more alive with age. No one with one ounce of sensitivity could ever consign a bear to the dustbin” – Johnnie Hague
16. “Teddy bears are a great source of comfort and security.” – Unknown
17. “A teddy bear is like a best friend that you can always carry with you.” – Unknown
18. “Once a bear has been loved by a human being, its expression is forever marked” – Jama Kim Rattigan
19. “You're never alone if you have a teddy bear by your side.” – Unknown
20. “Teddy bears are just like humans. They need love and care, and in return, they will love and care for you.”
21. “The love you give your teddy bear is what makes him alive for you.” – Unknown
22. “Remember when I said Teddy couldn’t sleep without me? Well, the truth is, I can’t sleep without Teddy” – Webster Papadopolis
23. “A bear knows all your secrets – and keeps them.” – Roseanne Brown
24. “Teddy bears don’t need hearts as they are already stuffed with love.” – Unknown
25. “A bear teaches us that if the heart is true, it doesn’t matter much if an ear drops off” – Helen Exley
26. “Teddy bears like to go on morning picnics in the summertime, so they can enjoy the sunshine before it is too hot for their furry selves.” – Unknown
27. “Bears sleep by day. At night they stay awake to chase away bad dreams” – Jesse O’Neil
28. “You really don’t have to be young to find a friend in a Teddy Bear.” – Unknown
29. “Bears need people. People need bears” – Pam Brown
30. “When everyone else has let you down, there’s always Ted” – Clara Ortega
31. “Bears are just about the only toy that can lose almost everything and maintain their dignity and worth.” – Unknown
32. “To a child, Teddy is a bridge between a human and an animal. He doesn’t mind being dressed in ridiculous hats or even being read to. You can blame him for anything, and he won’t deny it. His marvelous face expresses anything a child wants to feel or hear.” – Peter Bull
33. “In a world gone bad, a bear – even a bear standing on its head – is a comforting, uncomplicated, dependable hunk of sanity.” – Pam Brown
34. “This is the teddy bear of all teddy bears.” – Unknown
35. “A teddy bear does not depend upon mechanics to give him the semblance of life. He is loved – and therefore he lives.” – Pam Brown
36. “It’s pleasant for a bear to come home to the warmth of a fire, take a dollop of honey, talk to a friend, read the Daily Bear News, and finally creep under the quilt and sleep all night soundly.” – Barbara Werkmaster
37. “A teddy bear is your childhood wrapped up in faded yellow fur, and as such, he commands affection long after he is outgrown.” – Pam Brown
38. “In a world where everyone seems to be larger and louder than yourself, it is very comforting to have a small, quiet companion” – Peter Gray
39. “Age simply doesn’t enter into it! The older the friend, the more he is valued, particularly when he shows the characteristics we all look for in friends. You have only to look at a genuine teddy’s face to see at once the loyalty, common sense, and above all, dependability behind it.” – Peter Bull
40. “Always keep a Teddy Bear nearby when you’re in need of some comfort.” – Unknown
41. “It’s hard to visualize the toys you had fifty years ago – all save bear. He’s as clear as if he were sitting on the desk in front of you. Of course, he probably is.” – Pam Brown
42. “An experienced Teddy Bear brings with him a lifetime of knowledge and experience; the wisdom of silence and the stillness in moments of great turmoil. The long-suffering patience that is learned when belonging to a child who is coming of age, and coping with the bewilderment that this period of time can bring, is what he does best. The experienced bear has seen life through the heart and eyes of a child growing to adulthood and perhaps even accompanied that adult all the way to the end of the road.” – Ted Menton
Happy Teddy Bear Day Quotes and Messages
43. “Love for teddy bears is love for simplicity. Let us hug our teddies on Teddy Bear Day.” – Unknown
44. “Wishing my love, who loves to wrap me in a bear hug, a happy teddy day! I love you till my last breath. You may not be my first love, but you are definitely the last.” – Unknown
45. “The occasion of Teddy Bear Day reminds us all that we miss hugging the teddies we love.” – Unknown
46. “I wish my teddy bear will always be happy and merry all through life. I wish to be with you till my last breath. Happy teddy day to my cuddle buddy!” – Unknown
47. “A cute teddy bear, for my cute friend, on cute occasions, just to say. Happy Teddy Bear Day!” – Unknown
48. “May the warmth of love always be with you, and here I am sending you the teddy to keep you warm with love. Happy Teddy Day!” – Unknown
49. “This teddy will always remind you of our love and fun-filled days. You have given me your warmth and love to keep me sane and happy. Happy teddy day!” – Unknown
50. “Wishing my adorable lover a cute and lovely teddy bear day! You will always be my first love, no matter what. I love your bear hugs and always look forward to one.” – Unknown
51. “Sending this teddy to make you feel the warmth of my love whenever I’m not around. Happy Teddy Day!” – Unknown
52.” Teddy will never leave you alone it will always be with you matter what. Happy teddy day!” – Unknown
53. “You are my shoulder to cry upon like I had my Teddy earlier. I hope this Teddy helps you the same way. Happy Teddy Day!”
Teddy Bear Messages and Quotes for Boyfriend / Girlfriend
54. “Love me, love my Teddy Bear.” – Unknown
55. “My teddy reminds me of you. It is soft and warm like you.” – Unknown
56. “I am giving you this Teddy to tell you that I am ready.. to make you forever mine.” – Unknown
57. “If you were a Teddy, you would have been the cutest.” – Unknown
58. “I lost my Teddy Bear. Can I sleep with you?” – Unknown
59. “A Teddy is always a best friend who listens to every person's problem, which will help when I am not there. Happy Teddy Day!” – Unknown
60. “By gifting you this Teddy I want to show I am ready to make you mine and fill my life with sunshine.” – Unknown
61. “Teddies are just another reason, just another way to say I care; I will be there forever, No matter the good and bad times we share!” – Unknown
62. “What fills the bed is not pillows and not dreams; it’s a teddy or many Teddies who are partners, dreamers all in one.” – Unknown
63. “Give you a big fat fluffy teddy, so you never feel my absence. Happy Teddy Day!” – Unknown
64. “You are eternal like love; you are cute as a stuffed toy; take this Teddy as my heart; it’s filled with my love and my joy!” – Unknown
65. “The softness of your love reminds me of my childhood love for teddy. You are my adult
a version of love for Teddy.” – Unknown
66. “No one can match you when it comes to giving those awesome teddy bear hugs. I am lucky to have a friend like you.” – Unknown
67. “Can I give a hug to my softest teddy? When you are with me, I never miss my Teddy!” – Unknown
68. “Here's this Teddy, saying I am so ready to love you, miss you, and cuddle you forever.” – Unknown
69. “I don’t want to gift you a teddy toy as I would rather gift myself to you as I am your forever Teddy.” – Unknown
70. “I wanna tell you today that you are my best teddy. I miss you every night and every day!” – Unknown
71. “I am gifting you this Teddy so that whenever you look at it, you will be reminded of me.” – Unknown
Funny Teddy Bear Quotes
72. “How many children, do you suppose, have carried a lifelong resentment of parents responsible for the surreptitious removal of their Teddy Bears?” – John Ziff
73. “There is probably nothing that a bear so dislikes as a good wash.” – Marion C. Garretty
74. “Baths may be lovely for people – adult people, that is, but bears are not that keen. When did you last see or hear of a bear taking a bath, willingly?” –Ted Menton
75. “There are few sadder sights than a wet bear hanging from a clothesline by its ears. It says a lot for them that they never complain.” – Pam Brown
76. “It is astonishing, really, how many thoroughly mature, well-adjusted grown-ups harbor a Teddy bear – which is perhaps why they are thoroughly mature and well-adjusted.” – Joseph Lempa
77. “Bears being sent through the mail should never be squashed up to make them fit. It gives them indigestion.” – Pam Brown
78. “Teddy Bears are like keys… they’re always in the first place you think they’d be, and the last place you look.” – Garfield
79. “Everything in life I share, except, of course, my teddy bear!” – Unknown
80. “It’s too bad we’re not all teddy bears. More stuffing would only make us cuter and cuddlier!” – Unknown
81. “The world is divided into two nations: those with Teddy bears, those without. Each thinks the other is odd” – Jenny De Vries
Sad Teddy Bear Quotes
82. “It is most offensive to the kindly bears who’ve adopted us when we thoughtlessly blurt out some comment about “real” bears, or “alive” bears as if our very real and lively bear friends weren’t.” – Alla Bozarth-Campbell
83. “Now that I’m all grown up, I can buy any old Teddy bear I want – except the old Teddy bear I want” – William Sternman
84. “At sales, every other toy looks simply worn, dilapidated, grubby. A bear looks lost and abandoned and desperately in need of a loving home” – Helen Thomson
85. “One never quite gets over a lost bear” – Jane Swan
86. “The cell phone has become the adult’s transitional object, replacing the toddler’s teddy bear for comfort and a sense of belonging.” – Margaret Heffernan
Which Teddy Bear Quote is Your Favorite?
Have you found any Teddy Bear quotes or text messages which you really like and plan to send it to someone dear to you?
Or maybe you found a Teddy Bear quote that you plan to use as an Instagram caption or on any social media platform.
We would love to hear from you in the comments section below and find out which Teddy Bear quote or message you liked the most.
Also, if you have any sweet, sad, or funny TB stories from your childhood, like those I shared in the introduction, we would also love to read them!
Alexandra, the head author at Subconscious Servant is a Psychologist, Reiki Therapist, and writer. She loves writing about any topic from Applied Psychology, Metaphysical and Spiritual healing, hoping that people on a spiritual, self-discovery journey will find guidance and light through her articles. If you want to read more about Alexandra, visit her full author bio here.