Spiritual Ascension is the ultimate goal of every spiritual person on this planet – or of all the people who have come to the realization that we are immortal and powerful beings living a temporary human experience.
Thus, I have put together these 60 powerful spiritual ascension quotes to inspire you and guide you in this journey, as you can read them anytime you feel like you’ve reached a blockage in your ascension process.
Quotes are powerful tools that we can use to put ourselves in the right mindset when faced with difficulty.
I dare to say that they have almost the same power as positive affirmations; all you have to do is to spend a couple of minutes in the morning reading inspirational quotes for your entire day to change.
You can also hang them on your bathroom mirror or in your bedroom so that their positive energy is always around you, improving the general vibration of your house and life.
Ascension quotes are particularly useful if you’re ambitious about ascending spiritually and aligning with your Higher Self.
They can also come in handy if, for example, you are a spiritual worker and you run a healing facility.
You can hang them around the facility and expose your customers to them to motivate them on their spiritual journey as much as possible!
Spiritual Ascension has been an important topic in all of the world’s religions or spiritual paths.
In Christianity, it is considered that Jesus has ascended, and there is even an important celebration called “Ascension Day,” in which Jesus’ Ascension to Heaven is celebrated.
Buddhism also talks about the ascension of Buddha, and in other spiritual systems, such as Reiki, spiritual ascension is considered to be one of the main goals.
Spiritual ascension can be defined as an evolution that every soul has to go through to ascend from the material plane into higher planes and achieve the status of becoming God-like energy.
If you have read this article up until this point, I am sure you are passionate about your Spiritual Journey and Ascension.
Thus, I invite you to read through the following spiritual ascension quotes and choose the ones that inspire you the most!
Spiritual Ascension Quotes
1. “The Ascension is actually the birth of the Inner You expressed as the spiritual individualism of the inner particle state.” – Stuart Wilde
2. “There's always another level up. There's always another ascension. More grace, more light, more generosity, more compassion, more to shed, more to grow.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
3. “Aging is a staircase – the upward ascension of the human spirit, bringing us into wisdom, wholeness, and authenticity. As you may know, the entire world operates on universal law: entropy, the second law of thermodynamics. Entropy means that everything in the world, everything, is in a state of decline and decay, the arch. There's only one exception to this universal law: the human spirit, which can continue to evolve upwards.” – Jane Fonda
4. “Enlightenment means waking up to what you truly are and then being that.”- Adyashanti
5. “Ah, paths of the soul, mysterious ways of the heart! One must walk their full length before facing the supreme equation of Eternal Life. It is essential for you to live all their conflicts and to know them fully in the long process of spiritual ascension.” – Andre Luiz Moreira
6. “Every day, you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.” – Winston Churchill
7. “Ascension through all levels of consciousness and awareness can only happen when you live life as you and not how others think you should live. How could self-realization possibly be anything other than being yourself?” – Bryant McGill
8. “Faith is a fruit, work, or gift of the Spirit of God, whereby a poor soul is enabled through the mighty operation of God, in the sense of its sins and wretched estate, to lay hold on the righteousness, blood, death, resurrection, ascension, intercession, and coming again of the Son of God who was crucified without the gates of Jerusalem, for eternal life.” – John Bunyan
9. “Within you lies the opportunity to grow in spirit. Keep your feet on the earth, but lift your face towards the heavens. Surrender to the light with a tranquil mind and a heart full of the love of God.” – White Eagle
10. “Can you imagine if everyone on the planet turned off their TV to stop the intake of fear from the news channels and just concentrated on love? The whole planet would instantly propel itself into the ascension process and turn into a heavenly state in a higher vibratory dimension!” – DJ QBert
11. “You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you; none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.” – Swami Vivekananda
12. “If a man does not exercise his arm, he develops no biceps muscle; and if he does not exercise his soul, he acquires no muscle in his soul, no strength of character, no vigor of moral fiber, nor the beauty of Spiritual growth.” – Henry Drummond
13. “Ascension seemed, at such times, a natural law. If one added to it a law of completion – that everything must finally be made comprehensible – then some general rescue of the sort I imagined my aunt to have undertaken would be inevitable. For why do our thoughts turn to some gesture of a hand, the fall of a sleeve, some corner of a room on a particular anonymous afternoon, even when we are asleep, and even when we are so old that our thoughts have abandoned other business? What are all these fragments for, if not to be knit up finally?” – Marilynne Robinson
14. “Ascension to successive echelons in the pyramid of awareness is an act of inclusion requiring unconditional acceptance of all that lies below.” – Gerald R. Stanek
15. “Ascension is the triumph of mastered emotions; a process of gaining clarity in the darkness of blind spots and struggles, allowing you to perceive with the karmic intelligence of the Soul.” – Ka Chinery
16. “When blame and self-judgment are transformed, healed, and cease to be, we have reawakened without the myth, the mythos, of separation. We are One.” – Wendy E. Slater
17. “Some people awaken spiritually without ever coming into contact with any meditation technique or any spiritual teaching. They may awaken simply because they can’t stand the suffering anymore.”– Eckhart Tolle
18. “Each one of us has our own evolution of life, and each one of us goes through different tests which are unique and challenging. But certain things are common. And we do learn things from each other’s experiences. On a spiritual journey, we all have the same destination.”– A. R. Rahman
19. “When you are spiritually connected, you are not looking for occasions to be offended, and you are not judging and labeling others. You are in a state of grace in which you know you are connected to God and thus free from the effects of anyone or anything external to yourself.” – Wayne Dyer
20. “Study yourself. Become your own mentor and best friend. When you are suffering, stay at the bottom until you discover who you are. Let the storms come and pass. How you walk through the fire says a lot about you. Nobody likes a victimhood mentality and what happened to you is not important. It is how you use your chaos that matters. The dawn will come.” – Mohadesa Najumi
21. “Spiritual development is not an accomplishment but a way of life. It is an orientation that brings its own rewards, and what is important is the direction of one’s motives.” – David R. Hawkins
22. “The real spiritual progress of the aspirant is measured by the extent to which he achieves inner tranquility.” – Swami Sivananda
23. “The spiritual quest is not some added benefit to our life, something you embark on if you have the time and inclination. We are spiritual beings on an earthly journey. Our spirituality makes up our beingness.” – John Bradshaw
24. “If you want to awaken all of humanity, then awaken all of yourself; if you want to eliminate the suffering in the world, then eliminate all that is negative in yourself. Truly, the greatest gift you have to give is that of your own self-transformation.” – Lao Tzu
Ascension of Jesus Quotes
25. “The supernatural birth of Christ, his miracles, his resurrection, and ascension, remain eternal truths, whatever doubts may be cast on their reality as historical facts.” – David Friedrich Strauss
26. “At His Ascension, our Lord entered Heaven, and He keeps the door open for humanity to enter.” – Oswald Chambers
27. “The ascension reminds us that Christianity is not only a historical faith but a faith of the present and future. Jesus is, right now, in glorified humanity on the throne of the universe, wielding as the God-man “all authority in heaven and on earth” (Matthew 28:18). He is not just our suffering servant who came and died and rose triumphant, but our actively ruling, actively conquering king.” – David Mathis
28. “In his life, Christ is an example showing us how to live in his death. He is a sacrifice satisfying our sins in his resurrection, a conqueror in his ascension, a king in his intercession, a high priest.” – Martin Luther
29. “The ascension of Jesus produced joy because the disciples realized what amazing benefits would come to them when Jesus returned to the Father. When Jesus ascended, all the promises regarding the Spirit’s ministry to the disciples were about to be fulfilled.” – Keith Whitfield
30. “The ascension of Christ makes heaven seem homelike to us as we journey toward it; for Jesus wears our humanity at the right hand of the Father.” – Abbott Eliot Kittredge
31. “The ascension of Jesus to God’s right hand not only certifies that a satisfactory atonement has been made, but it also inaugurates the eternal intercessory work of Christ and thus guarantees that we will always have saving and sympathetic (Hebrews 4:15) access to the Father forever.” – John Piper
32. “Jesus has shown that there is a world full of more compassion, generosity, and grace than the world we live in.” – Unknown
33. “Christ is already in that place of peace, which is all in all. He is on the right hand of God. He is hidden in the brightness of the radiance which issues from the everlasting throne. He is in the very abyss of peace, where there is no voice of tumult or distress, but a deep stillness–stillness, that greatest and most awful of all goods which we can fancy; that most perfect of joys, the utter profound, ineffable tranquillity of the Divine Essence. He has entered into His rest. That is our home; here we are on a pilgrimage, and Christ calls us to His many mansions which He has prepared.” – John Henry Newman
34. “Jesus' epic work through his sinless life, atoning death, resurrection, ascension, and the sending of the Spirit, was so that God could have an ethnically diverse family of Jews and Gentiles.” – Derwin L. Gray
35. “There has been no sweeter reunion in the history of the world than Jesus’s return to his Father! Perhaps the closest analogy is a courageous, wounded soldier returning to his loved ones after a hard-fought victory. Jesus fully accomplished his mission and glorified the Father on earth, and at Jesus’s ascension, the Father glorified the Son in heaven (John 17:4–5). Take heart that Jesus’s homecoming to his Father prepares the way for our homecoming to be with Jesus forever (John 14:2–4).” – Brian Tabb
36. “The task of the Church after Jesus' resurrection and ascension was to proclaim the forgiveness of sins to all nations.” – Charles Stanley
37. “Presumably, what happened to Jesus was what happens to all of us when we die. We decompose. Accounts of Jesus's resurrection and ascension are about as well-documented as Jack and the Beanstalk.” – Richard Dawkins
38. “When you went to bed last night, Jesus was at work subduing his enemies. While you slept, he was continuing to rule over the world. He was still at it when you woke up this morning and even now as you read this. That is the outrageous claim of the ascension.” – Tim Chester & Jonny Woodrow
Spiritual Ascension Christian & Biblical Quotes
39. “Ascensions into heaven is like falling leaves sad and happy all at the same time Going away isn't really sad, especially when your going enables a new kind of presence to be born.” – Ernest Hemingway
40. “May your heart be an altar, from which the bright flame of unending thanksgiving ascends to heaven.” – Mary Euphrasia Pelletier
41. “Worship demands the far distances of God; it protests against the little, the near, the material. It must love, but it must look up. It cannot live without the note of spirituality and universality, if not a mystery. The ascension, the passing of Christ within the veil, answers this need. So does a full-robed Christianity add to the definiteness of knowledge the outreach of imagination and home.” – Maltbie Davenport Babcock
42. “Through the Holy Spirit comes our restoration to paradise, our ascension into the kingdom of heaven, our return to the adoption of sons, our liberty to call God our Father, our being made partakers of the grace of Christ, our being called children of light, our sharing in eternal glory, and, in a word, our being brought into a state of all “fulness of blessing,” both in this world and in the world to come, of all the good gifts that are in store for us, by promise hereof, through faith, beholding the reflection of their grace as though they were already present, we await the full enjoyment.” – Saint Basil
Short Ascension Quotes
43. “Death is an ascension to a better library.” – John Donne
44. “Only a person who has passed through the gate of humility can ascend to the heights of the spirit.” – Rudolf Steiner
45. “In actual life, a downward movement may sometimes be made the beginning of an ascent.” – Aldous Huxley
46. “The unseen essential awaits your enlightened heart's ascension to love.” – Bryant McGill
47. “Our pleasures and our discontents are rounds by which we may ascend.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
48. “To realize that you are not your thoughts is when you begin to awaken spiritually.” – Eckhart Tolle
49. “Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life.” – Buddha
50. “Your sacred space is where you can find yourself again and again.” – Joseph Campbell
51. “Soul development should take precedence over all things.” – Edgar Cayce
52. “The only way to ascend is to let go.” – Unknown
Ascension Day Quotes, Sayings, and Greetings
53. “Although the ascension of our Lord has separated him from us, but his blessings will always shine upon those who are pure and faithful.” – Unknown
54. “While descending into heaven, Jesus has opened a doorway for us to attain salvation. May we all keep his faith in us alive on Ascension day.” – Unknown
55. “After all, this time, Jesus has always been with us, guiding humanity towards the greatest of achievements. Lets’ thank him on this Ascension Day.” – Unknown
56. “On the eve of Ascension Day, I hope we all are thankful to our Lord for opening the gateway of heaven for humanity to enter and celebrate.” – Unknown
57. “Ascension Day is nothing but the lord’s way of showing his devotees the process of gaining clarity amidst the darkness of this world.” – Unknown
58. “It is better to go to heaven and enjoy the accommodations made for us by the Lord as the world is slowly succumbing to hate and violence.” – Unknown
59. “There’s nothing to be sad about our loved ones going away from this life to another, as the Lord did the same on his Ascension Day.” – Unknown
60. “May you keep all that’s good in you rather than following what’s bad in this world because that’s the only way we all can achieve ascension.” – Unknown
61. “The Lord has already prepared our citizenship in heaven; all we have to do is show the Lord why we deserve the privilege of heaven.” – Unknown
What Is Your Favorite Ascension Quote?
If you are someone who is more spiritual, you probably resonated with one of the “Spiritual Ascension Quotes” or one of the “Short Ascension Quotes.”
If you are more religious or at least curious about religion, you probably liked the “Jesus Ascension Quotes” or any of the “Ascension Day Quotes” or biblical/ Christianity-related ones.
As spiritual ascension is a concept that is very popular in both Christianity and New-Age Spirituality (as well as in other religions), it was easy to put together a selection of quotes from both these areas.
I would love to read your comment in the comment section below and find out which one of these quotes you liked the most!
Alexandra, the head author at Subconscious Servant is a Psychologist, Reiki Therapist, and writer. She loves writing about any topic from Applied Psychology, Metaphysical and Spiritual healing, hoping that people on a spiritual, self-discovery journey will find guidance and light through her articles. If you want to read more about Alexandra, visit her full author bio here.