It’s impossible to be a fan of wrestling and not know the legendary Scott Hall, who is also known as Razor Ramon.
As a WWE Hall of Famer, Hall helped the world of professional wrestling gain critical acclaim and attention worldwide.
He was born on October 20, 1958, into a military family that was often on the move since they were under the U.S. Armed Forces.
He graduated with a degree in pre-medical, but his passion for wrestling soon began to unfold.
It was in 1984 when he debuted his name in wrestling and started to use his character name Razor Ramon in 1992 when WWF signed him.
Unfortunately, the legend passed away at the age of 63 on March 14, 2022.
In memory of him, here are some of the best Scott Hall quotes to help you recall the majestic career of this wrestling pro.
Best Scott Hall Quotes
1. “It comes back to what Chief Jay Strongbow told us years ago, ‘In this business you can make friends or you can make money'. And I remember lookin at Kev and X-Pac and going, I already got some friends, I'd like the money.”
2. “For me, I was really struggling because I was Scott Hall in the gym and Scott Hall in the grocery store and in the ring. Until I got a gimmick, a look, and got to be a character, that's when I started making strides. As Scott Hall, I didn't have a gimmick, so I didn't know what to do.”
3. “I am not a Bret Hart fan. To me Bret’s really selfish, if you watch, there’s points in that match where I’m hitting Bret with what’s regarded as a hell of a working punch.”
4. “I don’t want to die, but I’m not afraid to.”
5. “I tell my kids this, ‘I can’t tell you not to drink and do drugs, they are fun. It’s fun. They work.’”
6. “I think the best thing I can do for me is to show up places and be clear-headed. Because when I'm clear-headed, my phone rings. I get opportunities.”
7. “God has blessed me many times. I had some great genetics.”
8. “Look at my life. I almost died. I almost died several times. My shoulders were down, man. But I kicked out. I kicked out again. Someone upstairs obviously likes me. So maybe I should, too.”
9. “I don't work any different in Japan than I do in the U.S. Some guys do, but if you're entertaining, you're entertaining, and if you're not, you're not, and that plays worldwide.”
10. “Mental illness is real, and I got them. I don’t know if it’s the multiple concussions or the lifestyle choices.”
11. “Anybody who shows love for my kid, I got love for.”
12. “I’m hitting Bret, and he’s not even moving, he’s not even registering it. It was what it was, he was the new champion, and he needed a win, which he got.”
13. “Obviously, I’m against bullying, but it does happen.”
14. “I had been successful in Japan, Mexico, and Puerto Rico, but nothing in the U.S. where it really matters.”
15. “I want the other riches in life; I want to get married.”
16. “I'm working on a cooking show; I'm going to do some of it at Dallas Page's performance center. I'm going to do a cooking show called ‘Dude Food,' where I show young guys how to eat good and clean, cheap.”
17. “What I want to do is bring back managing in the wrestling business.”
18. “I would consider myself one of the highest-paid job guys in history.”
19. “I never really thought about the fact I wasn’t world champion. It’s all fake, so having a belt really means having extra weight in your luggage.”
20. “My daughter is on an academic scholarship at the University of Central Florida. I feel so blessed.”
21. “I don't even know what a gluten is, bro.”
22. “I’m a big Kevin Sullivan fan.”
23. “All I've ever done is work in bars and be a wrestler; I often wonder if I'd have pumped gas, would I have been a womanizer and had addiction problems?”
24. “You can't control the weather, but there are definitely things you can do to protect yourself and the investment you've made in your boat. The key is to get started early so you have the supplies you need and you have a plan for what you're going to do with your boat.”
25. “I'll go on record and say it's way more fun riding in front of a cop car then riding in the back cuz you can get out if you want to.”
26. “Shawn Michaels really helped me a lot. We helped each other. It was a good partnership.”
27. “I have been to rehab nine times. They were high dollar and some of the best ones around. Vince has picked up the tab the last couple of times. If you ever work or worked for WWE, if you ever need help, he will give it to you. He is really cool. Thanks to Vince, his wife Linda, Stephanie, Shane and Paul. Thank you for helping me. It's hard to ask for help. It's even harder to accept it, when people offer it.”
28. “One of the biggest insurance mistakes boat owners make is endorsing their boats onto their homeowners policies, which may not cover their losses from a major storm.”
Scott Hall Quotes To Remember
29. “Kick him when he's down, he's easier to reach.”
30. “Be positive. Keep grinding. Stay positive.”
31. “No matter how many times you fall, you can’t stay down forever. You need to get back up on your feet and carry on.“
32. “My life is like driving down a road. I occasionally glance in the rearview mirror, but I'm not focused on the past or looking back anymore.”
33. “There’s got to be some reason that I’m still here, I should have been dead 100 times. I should have been dead 100 times.”
34. “My most important legacy is being a good father to my two children.”
35. “Bad times never last. In the end, everything turns out to be for the best. You just have to hold on until then without ever giving up.”
36. “If people are offering you help, swallow your pride and accept it because people who care about you want to help you.”
37. “I feel like I couldn't have screwed up that bad as a dad, because I have a pretty good relationship with both of my kids.”
38. “You can’t choose your family, but you can choose your friends.”
39. “If I could leave anybody with anything, it’s this – if you need help, ask for it.”
40. “You don’t get any better unless you’re around guys who know more than you.”
41. “If you have any talent, you can’t be held back, and you can’t be held down.”
42. “What sucks is when you want to quit and you can’t, and pretty soon you alienate or you hurt everyone around you. It’s a family disease and then you can’t keep a promise to anybody. What sucks the most is when you can’t even keep a promise to yourself.”
43. “The only thing that I'm sure of is I don't know, but I know that positivity works.”
44. “I had the inability to ask for help when I needed it. People offered to help me, but I refused. They'd ask ‘How are you?' and I'd answer, ‘Better than you.'”
45. “If I had to do it all over again, I'd probably live the same way.”
Scott Hall As Razor Ramon Quotes
46. “Don't sing it, bring it.”
47. “Chico, I don’t need some armchair quarterbacking, some bookworm, telling the bad guy how to fight.”
48. “All you’ve done so far is talk, man.”
49. “Oh, yeah, let’s get it on!”
50. “I've always said it ain't ‘Show Friends.' It's ‘Show Business.'”
51. “When the fans spend money, you normally leave the audience happy.”
52. “Now, that’s what I thought there, Dean. You’re all bluff and no stuff.”
53. “When guys leave NXT and go to the main roster, those guys are already over.”
54. “I’m happy for anybody who gets an opportunity or a break in the wrestling business.”
55. “Once you learn how to work inside the ring – once you learn how to tell a story – then you can come to a big company like the WWE and learn the extra stuff, like the video, the pyro, the music, and that adds to everything you can do.”
56. “I was kind of like the Tito Santana of my era.”
57. “I always wanted to be a main eventer in pro wrestling. I lived my dream, but the excess of the '80s and the huge money of the '90s became a great temptation for many of us.”
58. “Say hello to Razor Ramon. Check out my ride, man. It’s custom, just for Razor.”
59. “For me, the only thing I had to look forward to was the ring because my personal life wasn't doing that great, so my fake life was what I was holding onto.”
60. “Whether they cheer or whether they boo really doesn’t bother me as long as they’re paying attention.”
Scott Hall The Bad Guy Quotes
61. “Survey says: one more for the bad guys.”
62. “Say hello…to the BAD GUY!”
63. “Hey! You people, you know who I am. But you don’t know why I’m here. Where is Billionaire Ted? Where is the Nacho Man? That punk can’t even get in the building. Me? I go where I want, whenever I want!”
64. “Everybody's going to have their own tolerance toward ribbing or bullying or whatever. If somebody's more sensitive, then you can't rib them as much.”
65. “I would love to help guys transition from ‘NXT' to ‘Raw.'”
66. “I always find it really flattering when people are going to line up and wait in line for hours to tell you how cool you are and to take a picture with you. I always have time for that. It makes you feel good.”
67. “Powerbombing someone on the apron or into the turnbuckle, those are not moves Sting and I grew up with.”
68. “Everybody knows you can’t have a party on ‘Raw’ without the bad guy.”
69. “When I'm in the ring, I'm doing great. As Razor Ramon or the ‘Bad Guy,' I don't have a care in the world. But when I come back through the curtain, reality is there waiting.”
70. “Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do.”
71. “NOBODY messes with ‘The Bad Guy’!”
Scott Hall NWO Quotes
72. “What I'm doing with the NWO is for me, for my family, so I can leave a legacy for my kids.”
73. “When I came in, there wasn't a bunch of women wrestlers. There was maybe one or two who came in a couple months a year.”
74. “I was Razor Ramon, and I started the NWO.”
75. “The NWO, yeah, we're a bunch of outlaws, thugs, whatever you want to call us, but… we do what we want, when we want. And we're having fun doing it.”
What’s Your Favorite Scott Hall Quote Or Saying?
Even if you weren’t necessarily a fan of him, thousands of people worldwide adored Razor Ramon.
And although this legendary wrestler has passed away, his legacy lives on, and many fans are still watching videos of his matches to preserve the memory of his mark on this world.
Which one of these Scott Hall quotes caught your eye and heart?
Let us know in the comments!
Alan is the founder of Subconscious Servant. He has a passion for learning about topics such as spirituality and the metaphysical world. The thing he loves to explore most though is manifesting with the law of attraction ✨.