Are you looking for ways to improve your life by working with the power of your subconscious mind and learning how to make it “your servant”?
In this case, you are in the right place because, in this article, I am going to list the 100+ of the best Joseph Murphy quotes I could find – and I am sure that if you’re interested in the power of the subconscious mind, you know who Joseph Murphy is.
Joseph Murphy was an American-Irish author, a firm believer in New Age Spirituality, and the founder of the Divine Science Church.
He had a powerful influence on how New Age Spirituality was developed and wrote several books explaining how people can use their subconscious mind to their advantage.
In his books, he explains what the subconscious mind is, how it leads our life from the “shadow,” and how we can tap into it and change that – turning it into our “servant.”
Yes, I am using these words intentionally because our website is called “Subconscious Servant,” It started from the same idea – how to create the life you want by harnessing the amazing power of your subconscious mind.
Joseph Murphy also explores topics such as: how to have a strong connection to the Divine, how to use the healing power of love, how to pray effectively, how to attract money, karma, and reincarnation, how to use the laws of the mind and how to stay young forever.
Amongst his most popular books, you can find: “the power of your subconscious mind,” “Within you is the power,” “How to use the laws of mind,” “These Truths can change your life,” “Miracle Power for Infinite Riches,” “How to attract money” and “Believe in yourself.”
Thus, if you’re looking for some inspiration regarding how to use the powers of your subconscious mind and other profound spiritual truths, or you simply need a Joseph Murphy quote, have a look at the following list!
Joseph Murphy Quotes – A Selection Of The Best
1. “The only path by which another person can upset you is through your own thought.”
2. “Just keep your conscious mind busy with the expectation of the best.”
3. “The way to get rid of darkness is with light; the way to overcome cold is with heat; the way to overcome the negative thought is to substitute the good thought.”
4. “Never finish a negative statement; reverse it immediately, and wonders will happen in your life.”
5. “Fill your mind with the great truths of life and walk forward in the light of love.”
6. “Think good, and good follows. Think evil, and evil follows. You are what you think all day long.”
7. “You grow old when you lose interest in life, when you cease to dream, to hunger after new truths, and to search for new worlds to conquer. When your mind is open to new ideas, new interests, and when you raise the curtain and let in the sunshine and inspiration of new truths of life and the universe, you will be young and vital.”
8. “You must give to receive.”
9. “Age has its own glory, beauty, and wisdom that belong to it.”
10. “In order to change external conditions, you must change the cause. Most men try to change conditions and circumstances by working with conditions and circumstances. To remove discord, confusion, lack, and limitation, you must remove the cause, and the cause is how you use your conscious mind.”
11. “Age is not the flight of years; it is the dawn of wisdom in the mind of man.”
12. “When you want wisdom as much as you wanted air when you were immersed in the water, you will receive it.”
13. “Arise, my love, and come away,” and enjoy the good and glorious things of life.”
14. “Affirm the good, and the bad will vanish.”
15. “Be sure that your mind never retires. It must be like a parachute, which is no good unless it opens up. Be open and receptive to new ideas.”
16. “Whatever you give attention to will grow, magnify, and multiply in your experience.”
17. “You can develop the right mental attitude when you realize that nothing external can upset you or hurt you without your mental consent.”
18. “He awakened to the simple truth that it is never what a person says or does that affects him; it is his reaction to what is said or done that matters.”
19. “Your mental attitude, i.e., how you think, feel, and believe, determines your destiny.”
20. “Whatever you do, do it with love and goodwill. Pour out love, peace, and goodwill to all. Claim frequently that God’s Love and Transcendent Beauty flow through all my thoughts, words, and actions.”
21. “Men gifted with intuition and imagination find water in the desert and create cities where formerly other men only saw a desert and a wilderness.”
22. “Fear is based on the false beliefs that there are other powers and that external things and conditions can hurt you.”
23. “And all other modern inventions came? Your imagination is the treasure house of infinity, which releases to you all the precious jewels of music, art, poetry, and inventions.”
24. “Do not let others do your thinking for you. Choose your own thoughts and make your own decisions.”
25. “When your mind thinks correctly, when you understand the truth, when the thoughts deposited in your subconscious mind are constructive, harmonious, and peaceful, the magic working power of your subconscious will respond and bring about harmonious conditions, agreeable surroundings, and the best of everything.”
Joseph Murphy Quotes On Success And Money
26. “I like money; I love it; I use it wisely, constructively, and judiciously. Money is constantly circulating in my life. I release it with joy, and it returns to me multiplied wonderfully. It is good and very good. Money flows to me in avalanches of abundance. I use it for good only, and I am grateful for my good and for the riches of my mind.”
27. “Be still and quiet, tune in with the Infinite Intelligence, and continue in right thought, right feeling, and right action, and you will arrive at your goal.”
28. “By day and by night, I am being prospered in all of my interests.”
29. “Money is forever circulating freely in my life, and there is always a Divine surplus.”
30. “Long hours, hard labor, or burning the midnight oil will not produce a Milton, a Shakespeare, or a Beethoven. People accomplish great things through quiet moments, imagining that the invisible things from the foundation of time are clearly visible.”
31. “Life is addition! Death is a subtraction. You add to your life by imagining whatsoever things are true, lovely, noble, and Godlike. Imagine and feel successful, and you must become successful. You are never a slave to circumstances, environment, or conditions.”
32. “Trying to accumulate wealth by the sweat of your brow and hard labor is one way to become the richest man in the graveyard. You do not have to strive or slave hard.”
33. “Busy your mind with the concepts of harmony, health, peace, and goodwill, and wonders will happen in your life.”
34. “There is no virtue in poverty.”
35. “Give no one in all the world the power to deflect you from your goal, your aim in life, which is to express your hidden talents to the world, to serve humanity, and to reveal more and more of God’s wisdom, truth, and beauty to all people in the world. Remain true to your ideal. Know definitely and absolutely that whatever contributes to your peace, happiness, and fulfillment must, of necessity, bless all men who walk the earth.”
36. “The feeling of health produces health; the feeling of wealth produces wealth.”
37. “Imagination is your most powerful faculty. Imagine what a lovely and good report is. You are what you imagine yourself to be.”
38. “Success means successful living. When you are peaceful, happy, joyous, and doing what you love to do, you are successful.”
39. “What does success imply to you? You undoubtedly want to be successful in your relationship with others. You wish to be outstanding in your chosen work or profession. You wish to possess a beautiful home and all the money you need to live comfortably and happily. You want to be successful in your prayers and in your contact with the Universal Power within you. Imagine yourself doing the things you want to do!”
Joseph Murphy Prayer Quotes
40. “Your desire is your prayer. Picture the fulfillment of your desire now and feel its reality, and you will experience the joy of the answered.”
41. “Prayer is the soul's sincere desire. Your desire is your prayer. It comes from your deepest needs and reveals what you want in life.”
42. “The doctor dresses the wound, but God heals it.”
43. Pray together, and you will stay together. Scientific prayer solves all problems.”
44. “God is guiding me now, and I predicate my success on the fact that the Wisdom of the Almighty reveals to me everything I need to know; I am prospering beyond my fondest dreams.”
45. “There is only one Principle of Intelligence in this world; all that is really necessary is to say and believe, <<God is guiding me now, and there is only right action in my life>>.”
44. “Trust in the Lord and do good, so shalt thou dwells in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.”
45. “It is God in action,” meaning all-around harmony and peace. Harmony is of God; what you want in a legal case is a harmonious solution.”
46. “When fear knocks at the door of your mind, or when worry, anxiety and doubt cross your mind, behold your vision, your goal. Think of the infinite power within your subconscious mind, which can generate your thinking and imagining. This will give you confidence, power, and courage. Keep on, persevere, until the day breaks, and the shadows flee away.”
47. “Faith comes with understanding. Blind faith means that a person may get results in healing without any scientific understanding of the powers and forces involved”.
47. “Learn to pray for your loved ones who may be ill. Quiet your mind. Your thoughts of health, vitality, and perfection operating through the one universal subjective mind will be felt and manifest in your loved one's mind”.
48. “Your prayer will be answered as you remain faithful to your mental attitude. Always remember, if you really want the power to heal, you can have it through faith, which means a knowledge of the working of your conscious and subconscious mind.”
49. “Give all your mental attention to recognizing the absolute sovereignty of the Spiritual Power, knowing that the God-Power has the answer and is now showing you the way. Trust It, believe in It, and walk the earth in the Light. Your prayer is already answered.”
50. “God is the source of my supply. His riches flow to me freely, copiously, and abundantly. All my financial and other needs are met at every moment of time and point of space; there is always a divine surplus.”
51. “You remain faithful to your mental attitude, and your prayer will be answered.”
Joseph Murphy Quotes On The Subconscious Mind
52. “All of us have our own inner fears, beliefs, and opinions. These inner assumptions rule and govern our lives. A suggestion has no power in and of itself. Its power arises from the fact that you accept it mentally.”
53. “Never permit your imagination to be used negatively; never distort or twist it. You can imagine sickness, accident, and loss and become a mental wreck. Imagining sickness and lack destroys your peace of mind, health, and happiness.”
54. “The law of your mind is this: You will get a reaction or response from your subconscious mind according to the nature of the thought or idea you hold in your conscious mind.”
55. “Remember, the world within, namely, your thoughts, feelings, and imagery, makes your world without.”
56. “Feeling is the law, and the law is the feeling,” Feeling is the fountainhead of power. We must charge our mental pictures with feeling in order to get results.”
57. “A hateful or resentful thought is a mental poison. Do not think ill of another; to do so is to think ill of yourself. You are the only thinker in your universe, and your thoughts are creative.”
58. “As you sow in your subconscious mind, so shall you reap in your body and environment.”
59. “Never use the terms, “I can't afford it” or “I can't do this.” Your subconscious mind takes you at your word and sees that you do not have the money or the ability to do what you want. Affirm, “I can do all things through the power of my subconscious mind.”
60. “Over ninety percent of your mental life is subconscious. If you fail to use this marvelous power, you condemn yourself to live within very narrow limits.”
61. “Everything that has happened to you happened because of thoughts impressed on your subconscious mind through belief.”
62. “The subconscious mind takes your fears as a request, proceeds to manifest them, and brings them into your experience.”
63. “You avoid conflict between your conscious and subconscious in the sleepy state. Imagine the fulfillment of your desire over and over again prior to sleep. Sleep in peace and wake in joy.”
64. “If you have indulged in fear, worry, and other destructive forms of thinking, the remedy is to recognize the omnipotence of your subconscious mind and decree freedom, happiness, and perfect health. Your subconscious mind, being creative and one with your divine source will proceed to create the freedom and happiness which you have earnestly decreed.”
65. “The subconscious mind is like a bank – a universal bank; it magnifies whatever you deposit or impress upon it.”
66. “As Baudoin explained: A very simple way of securing this (impregnation of the subconscious mind) is to condense the idea which is to be the object of suggestion, to sum it up in a brief phrase which can be readily graven on the memory, and to repeat it over and over again as a lullaby.”
67. “If you imagine, for example, that another person is mean, dishonest, and jealous, notice the emotion you evoke within yourself. Now reverse the situation. Begin to imagine the same person as honest, sincere, loving, and kind; notice the reaction it calls forth in you. Are you not, therefore, master of your attitudes?”
68. “Your problem or sickness, whatever it may be, must be caused by negative thoughts charged with fear and lodged in your subconscious mind.”
69. “The first thing to remember is the dual nature of your mind. The subconscious mind is constantly amenable to the power of suggestion; furthermore, the subconscious mind has complete control of your body's functions, conditions, and sensations. Trust the subconscious mind to heal you. It makes your body and knows all its processes and functions. It knows much more than your conscious mind about healing and restoring you to perfect balance.”
70. “You must make certain to give your subconscious only suggestions, which heal, bless, elevate, and inspire you in all your ways. Remember that your subconscious mind cannot take a joke. It takes you at your word.”
71. “Remember, it is not the thing believed in, but the belief in your own mind, which brings about the result.”
72. “Within your subconscious mind, you will find the solution for every problem and the cause for every effect.”
73. “If you say, “There is no way out; I am lost; there is no way out of this dilemma; I am stymied and blocked,” you will get no answer or response from your subconscious mind. If you want the subconscious to work for you, give it the right request, and attain its cooperation. It is always working for you. It controls your heartbeat this minute and also your breathing. It heals a cut on your finger, and its tendency is lifeward, forever seeking to take care of you and preserve you. Your subconscious has a mind of its own, but it accepts your patterns of thought and imagery.”
74. “The infinite intelligence which gave me this desire leads, guides, and reveals to me the perfect plan for unfolding my desire. I know the deeper wisdom of my subconscious is now responding, and what I feel and claim within is expressed in the without. There is a balance, equilibrium, and equanimity.”
75. “Know that in your deeper mind are Infinite Intelligence and Infinite Power.”
76. “Decree now, and say it meaningly: “From this moment forward, I will admit to my mind for mental consumption only those ideas and thoughts that heal, bless, inspire, and strengthen.”
77. “Plainly stating to your subconscious prior to sleep that you wish a certain specific thing accomplished will help you accomplish it.”
78. “The law of the subconscious mind works for good and bad ideas alike. This law, when applied negatively, is the cause of failure, frustration, and unhappiness. However, when your habitual thinking is harmonious and constructive, you experience perfect health, success, and prosperity.”
Joseph Murphy Quotes on Healing and Well-being
79. “Remember, you are spiritually recharged during sleep, and adequate sleep is essential to produce joy and vitality in life.”
80. “Remember, you have the capacity to choose. Choose life! Choose love! Choose health!”
81. “Every cell, nerve, tissue, and muscle of my lungs are now being made whole, pure, and perfect. My whole body is being restored to health and harmony.”
82. “All disease originates in the mind. Nothing appears on the body unless there is a mental pattern corresponding to it.”
83. “You are as young as you think you are. You are as strong as you think you are. You are as useful as you think you are. You are as young as your thoughts.”
84. “Choose to believe that something good can happen and is happening now. Your greatest power is your capacity to choose. Choose happiness and abundance.”
85. “The suggestions of others in themselves have absolutely no power whatever over you except the power you give them through your thoughts. You have to give your mental consent and entertain the thought. Then, it becomes your thought, and you do the thinking.”
86. “When your blood is circulating freely, you are healthy. You are economically healthy when money is circulating freely in your life.”
87. “As long as you have challenges and are physically and mentally able, life is stimulating and invigorating.”
88. “Physical inertia favors mental passivity and renders the mind more receptive to suggestion.”
89. “Scientists inform us that you build a new body every eleven months; so from a physical standpoint, you are really only eleven months old.”
90. “I am going to master this fear. I am overcoming it now. I speak with poise and confidence.”
91. “Every thought is a cause & every condition is an effect. Change your thoughts & you change your destiny.”
92. “Fear is man’s greatest enemy. It is behind failure, sickness, and bad human relations. Love casts out fear. Love is an emotional attachment to the good things in life. Fall in love with honesty, integrity, justice, goodwill, and success. Live in the joyous expectancy of the best, and invariably the best will come to you.”
93. “Make a choice now! Begin to think constructively and harmoniously. To think is to speak. Your thought is your word. Let your words be as a honeycomb, sweet to the ear and pleasant to the bones. Let your words be “like apples of gold in pictures of silver.”
94. “Every thought is a cause, and every condition is an effect.”
95. “To concentrate is to come back to the center and contemplate the Infinite Power within you that lies stretched in smiling repose.”
96. “When you keep your imagination busy with noble, Godlike concepts and ideas, you will find that it is the most effective of all faculties in your ongoing spiritual quest.”
97. “Imagination, when disciplined, spiritualized, controlled, and directed, becomes man's most exalted and noblest attribute.”
98.“The perfection of God is now being expressed through me.”
99. “No negative thought can ever manifest itself unless I emotionalize the thought and accept it mentally. I refuse to entertain their suggestion of fear. Therefore, no harm can come to me unless I allow it.”
100. “Resentment, hatred, ill will, and hostility are behind various maladies.”
101. “The instinct of self-preservation is the first law of nature; your strongest instinct is the most potent of all auto-suggestions.”
Which Joseph Murphy Quote is your Favorite?
These Joseph Murphy quotes are deep, truly valuable, and full of wisdom and inspiration.
He studied the subconscious mind, universal laws, and spiritual principles his entire life and had a real gift for expressing powerful knowledge so that everyone understood.
If you found any Joseph Murphy quotes here that truly inspire you, we would love it if you shared that with us.
Also, if you read any of his books, don’t forget to share your opinion with us in the comment section below, and perhaps, add any of your favorite quotes (which are not already in here)!
Alexandra, the head author at Subconscious Servant is a Psychologist, Reiki Therapist, and writer. She loves writing about any topic from Applied Psychology, Metaphysical and Spiritual healing, hoping that people on a spiritual, self-discovery journey will find guidance and light through her articles. If you want to read more about Alexandra, visit her full author bio here.