Are you aware of the power you have when it comes to lifting people up?
We all need people around us who lift us up when we’re down or give us strength to continue when we have lost our own.
In this article, I’ve put together 101+ incredible quotes about lifting others up to make you aware of the importance of being an good person who cares about others’ well-being.
When you are lifting others up, you act like a guardian angel. And if it’s your habit to do this very often, you may even be an earth angel.
If all people were preoccupied with lifting others up, the earth would be a much better place.
Sometimes, people can go through rough patches and not say anything about it, but hearing some kind words and having a shoulder to cry on can make a big difference.
Not to mention that the law of karma clearly says that what you give will come back to you.
Thus, if you’re the type of person who usually lifts people up when you are the one to struggle, a lot of hands will reach out to offer help.
Maybe, if a lot of people would love to support and lift others up, we would have fewer people sick with depression and anxiety, fewer people going to prison for stuff they did out of desperation, or fewer people committing suicide.
If we all were oriented towards helping others, actively trying to make the world a better place, the world might actually end up being a better place rather than a place full of pain and sorrow.
If you’re looking for an Instagram caption about the power of lifting others up or anything related, a quote to put in your healing facility, or simply looking for inspiration for yourself or a friend, you are in the right place.
Have a look at the following quotes about lifting others up and the amazing ways in which you can change lives!
Lifting Others Up Quotes
1. “Be a star in someone's dark sky.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
2. “Bless the world with your mind, heal the world with your heart, lift the world with your soul; elevate the world with your life.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
3. “Happiness has two hands: one with strength for lifting up heavy hearts and a gentle hand for tickling.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
4. “You become strong by lifting others up, not pulling them down.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
5. “Let yourself and others walk in a positive light. Talk about what can be done instead of what can’t. Show grace when you have the advantage. If you hold on to overwhelming negativity, find a way to move beyond it. There’s no beauty in the muck of your mind, don't drown others in it. If you need to forgive something, do it. Forgive yourself also. If you want to know peace, lift yourself and people higher.” – Kristy Ferretti
6. “True leaders understand that leadership is not about them but about those they serve. It is not about exalting themselves but about lifting others up.” – Sheri L. Dew
7. “How beautiful it could be if we woke up every morning with a burning desire to help others.” – Debasish Mridha
8. “Strong people don't put others down. they lift them up.” – Michael Watson
9. “Help a hand or hand a help; always be handing out help or simply be a helping hand!” – Peter-Cole C. Onele
10. “The most beautiful people are those who bring out the beauty in others.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
11. “Sometimes all we need to soothe our soul and ease our burdens is the loving hand of a friend gently touching our heart and lifting us towards love.” – Mimi Novic
12. “When you diminish others to elevate yourself, you only diminish yourself further.” – Abhijit Naskar
13. “Using your fire to ignite someone else's, Will not dim your light… It will illuminate the room & you will shine together.” – B.K. Sweeting
14. “The superior man is the providence of the inferior. He is eyes for the blind, strength for the weak, and a shield for the defenseless. He stands erect by bending above the fallen. He rises by lifting others.” – Robert Green Ingersoll
15. “Let your light shine as an inspiration to humanity and be the reason someone believes in the goodness of people.” – Germany Kent
16. “If someone wants to do good, they'll do good, whether they have a billion dollars or just one.” – Abhijit Naskar
17. “Let your agenda on earth be to make an impact, to lift others and share happiness.” – Ojingiri Hannah
18. “I know how it feels to be broken; that's why all I do is heal, not break – lift, not loath – harmonize, not dehumanize.” – Abhijit Naskar
19. “We don't know the sun by how bright it shines; we know it by how bright it makes the world shine. If you want to shine, be the light in someone's life.” – Abhijit Naskar
20. “If you really want to receive joy and happiness, then serve others with all your heart. Lift their burden, and your own burden will be lighter.” – Ezra Taft Benson
21. “He stands erect by bending over the fallen. He rises by lifting others.” – Douglas Horton
22. “You will find men who want to be carried on the shoulders of others, who think that the world owes them a living. They don't seem to see that we must all lift together and pull together.” – Henry Ford
23. “A race, like an individual, lifts itself up by lifting others up.” – Booker T. Washington
24. “In a relationship, each person should support the other; they should lift each other up.” – Taylor Swift
25. “I feel it's a responsibility for anyone who breaks through a certain ceiling.
.. to send the elevator back down and give others a helpful lift.” – Kevin Spacey
26. “Humility is the armor that you clothe yourself with throughout your life. We demean each other rather than lift up ourselves.” – Anthony Carmona
27. “Our own sorrows seem heavy enough, even when lifted by certain long-term joys. But watching others hurt is the breaker of most any heart.” – Clarissa Pinkola Estes
28. “I think it is incumbent on anyone who can lift human dignity to the highest possible levels, maintaining one's own and helping to raise that of others.” – Henry Rollins
We Rise By Lifting Others Up Quotes
29. “We rise by lifting others.” – Robert Ingersoll
30. “Be nice to people… maybe it'll be unappreciated, unreciprocated, or ignored, but spread the love anyway. We rise by lifting others.” – Germany Kent
31. “People who invariably put themselves first will find that others tend to put them last.” – Nido R. Qubein
32. “If you want to learn to be OK with your suffering, help others with theirs.” – Akiroq Brost
33. “Help the helpless. Help the poor. Help the needy. Help the orphan. Be the joy for those who suffer latently. They might not have money to repay you. They might not be able to offer equal returns of service, but the inner peace which may they get in their spirit for a moment shall be an awesome lifetime blessing to your body and spirit” – Ernest Agyemang Yeboah.
34. “If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.” – Booker T. Washington
35. “When you serve others, when you make somebody else’s life better, when you lift up people, when you help heal those that are hurting, not only are they being blessed, but you’re being blessed.” – Joel Osteen
36. “To lose yourself in righteous service to others can lift your sights and get your mind off personal problems, or at least put them in proper focus.” – Ezra Taft Benson
37. “Life should not be a funeral march to the grave. We should have the capacity for being able to lift up not just public dialogue, but lift up each other in a greater cause of nationhood.” – Dennis Kucinich
38. “Reach out and help others. If you have the power to make someone happy, do it. Be a vessel, be the change, be the difference, or be the inspiration. Shine your light as an example. The world needs more of that” – Germany Kent
39. “An effort made for the happiness of others lifts above ourselves.” – Lydia M. Child.
40. “Every day, do one thing to help someone without expecting anything in return.” – Debasish Mridha
41. “People appreciate and never forget that helping hand, especially when times are tough.” – Catherine Pulsifer
42. “Your efforts will bring colors to those who need them; believe in your wings before you fly. Believe in your destination before embarking on the journey and give it a try.” – Shaa Zainol
43. “Giving encouragement to others is a most welcome gift, for the results of it are lifted spirits, increased self-worth, and a hopeful future.” – Florence Littauer
Friends Lift Each Other Up Quotes
44. “Friends lift you up; they raise you up; they give you wings, they fly you high above all the rest.”
45. “Friends lift you up. True friends lift you up for a reason. They help you grow and help you reach your peak.”
46. “Friends lift you up from the ground. They lift you up when you’re down, and they also lift you up to higher places.”
47. “True friends are those who lift you up; they raise you up and are there for you. They are those who share in your joys and sorrows; they help you up when you fall down.”
48. “Friends lift you up; they help you when you need it, they cheer you up when you are down, and never give up on you.”
49. “Friends lift you up like a feather, like a flower, they lift you up and show you the way”
50. “You will find a friend in everyone if you look hard enough and ask; you will find a friend in everyone if you can see past their frailties and say I have a friend.”
51. “Friends lift you up, and they are always by your side; they’ll help you through a difficult time, and they’ll always be there to cheer you up.”
52. “True friends are those who lift you up, they raise you up and are there for you, and when you fall, they pick you up, and when you cry, they wipe away the tears.”
53. “When you feel you’re falling down when you’re feeling low, and you need a lift, just remember the friends you have.”
54. “Friends lift you up and make you feel so good, and it’s like a wonderful dream you can fly as you never did before.”
55. “Friends are the angels that lift your feet off the ground when you forget to fly.”
56. “Friends lift you like a cloud. Friends lift you up and let you fly. Friends lift you up and let you soar and laugh like a child-like you’ve never laughed before.”
57. “Friends lift you up so you can fly and reach for the stars, and they are there for you when the world makes you fall.”
58. “The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
59. “It’s hard to believe that they’ll ever be far; they’ll always be there for you. Friends lift you up, so you can fly and spread your wings.”
60. “Best friends don’t expect anything from you. They just accept you the way you are.” – Maxime Lagacé
61. “Friends lift you up; when you are down, they lift you up, they lift you up when you are down, and they hold you there.”
62. “True friendship is like sound health. Its value of it is seldom known until it is lost.” – Charles Caleb Colton
63. “True friends are those who lift you up; they raise you up and are there for you, making you feel like you’re the best; no one else can compare to them.”
64. “Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.” – Henry David Thoreau
65. “Friends lift you up. If you are down and out, just give them a call, and they’ll put the clouds away and help you to see the stars.”
66. “Friends are the ones who lift you up and the ones that keep you up when you fall; they’re always there when they’re needed most, they’re the ones that lift you up.”
67. “A friend is someone who helps you up when you’re down, and if they can’t, they lay down beside you and listen.” – Winnie The Pooh
68. “Friends lift you up; they lift you up, they lift you up when you’re down.”
69. “Friendship is not about whom you know the longest. It is about who came and never left.” – Paulo Coelho
70. “True friends are the ones that make you wanna try; they are the ones that keep you moving forward, they lift you up, and they’ll never let you fall.”
71. “Some people go to priests; others to poetry; I to my friends.” – Virginia Woolf
72. “I want to be a friend that a friend could call, a friend that would be there through thick and thin, a friend that would be there at all times.”
73. “A friend is one of the nicest things you can have and one of the best things you can be.” – Winnie The Pooh
74. “Friends lift you up and help you fly like the butterfly you were meant to be.”
75. “One friend in a storm is worth more than a thousand friends in the sunshine.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
76. “True friends lift you up and stand by you when you’re down, and our true friends are the best friends you’ll ever have.”
77. “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark than alone in the light.” – Helen Keller
78. “True friends lift you up, raise you up, and make you strong; they help you when you are down, they are always there, they’ll always be true, and they’ll always be your friends.”
79. “My definition of a friend is somebody who adores you even though they know the things you’re most ashamed of.” – Jodie Foster
80. “Friends are the ones that lift you up, and when you fall down, they are there. Friends lift you up, they raise you up, and they make you feel like you’re soaring high.”
81. “A good friend is like a four-leaf clover; hard to find and lucky to have.” – Irish Proverb
82. “Friends lift you up. You don’t need to climb a mountain; it’s the best way to get a view of the world below your feet.”
83. “If you have one true friend, you have more than your share.” – Thomas Fuller
84. “Friends lift you up, and that’s the only way to be, to make you feel more assured, and to allow you to be part of a strength, which is the greatest gift anyone could ever receive.”
85. “If you rise, you will find me; if you fall, you will find me too; I know that we’ll find the right way; I’ll be there to lift you up.”
86. “I know there are times in life you feel like the world is against you and nothing seems to work out, but the truth is that is the world trying to pull you down and frown at you, but I’ll always be there for you.”
87. “True friends are those who lift you up, raise you up, and are there for you, they may not be there all the time, but when you need them, they are there for you.”
88. “I can’t express my love for my friends with words, but I hope that they end up seeing how I love them – through the years.”
89. “Friends lift you up; they’re there for you when you fall; you can depend on them when you’re sad; they always make you feel better.”
90. “Friends lift you up so you can reach higher and higher, to the stars and the moon to reach new heights and new heights.”
91. “Friends are like the sun, they fill you with heat and make you shine like a star, but they’re the ones who will always be there for you, so always keep on dreaming because friends are there for you.”
Women Lifting Each Other Up Quote
92. “Her success is not your failure.”
93. “Every woman is your sister; treat her accordingly.”
94. “Real queens fix each other’s crowns.”
95. “Celebrate her success without questioning your own.”
96. “Strong women support strong women.”
97. “Real men respect women. Real women support women.”
98. “Empowered women, empower women.”
99. “When women support each other, incredible things happen.”
100. “The best kind of friendships are fierce lady friendships where you aggressively believe in each other, defend each other, and think the other deserves the world.”
101. “Other women are not my competition. I stand with them, not against them.”
102. “There is a special place in hell for women who do not help other women.”
103. “Be the woman who fixes another woman’s crown without telling the world it was crooked.”
104. “Women who support other women are confident, generous visionaries.” – Mariela Dabbah
105. “Support women on their way to the top. Trust that they will extend a hand to those who follow.” – Mariela Dabbah
106. “You can always tell who the strong women are. They are the ones you see building one another up instead of tearing each other down.”
107. “The connections between and among women are the most feared, the most problematic, and the most potentially transforming force on the planet.” – Adrienne Rich
108. “No matter where you are in life, inspire and empower the women around you. Success is never reached alone. And, wisdom and wealth are sweeter shared.” – Mizzfit
What Is Your Favorite Lifting Others Up Quote?
Have you felt inspired by any of these quotes, or did you like any in particular?
Was it a lift each other quote, a friendship quote, or a quote about women lifting each other up?
Whatever the case may be, we would love to know which one of these lifting others up quotes has inspired you the most and why.
Feel free to share it with us in the comment section below!
Alexandra, the head author at Subconscious Servant is a Psychologist, Reiki Therapist, and writer. She loves writing about any topic from Applied Psychology, Metaphysical and Spiritual healing, hoping that people on a spiritual, self-discovery journey will find guidance and light through her articles. If you want to read more about Alexandra, visit her full author bio here.