No one is immune to pain, no matter how much they may hide it.
We are all bound to experience heartbreak, especially since it is so easy to get ourselves attached to anything in this world—may it be a person, a place, or a thing.
That said, it’s equally painful to accept that not everything in our life is meant to last, no matter how much we hold on.
But looking at the brighter side of things, this also means that the pain you feel may only be short-lived and that the feeling of dread will pass.
If you find yourself in a similar situation nowadays, here are some everything is temporary quotes that may help you find peace with the concept of impermanence in this world.
Some Of The Best Everything Is Temporary Quotes
1. “Nothing is more permanent than the temporary.” — A. E. Stallings
2. “Everything is temporary. Nothing lasts. We’re born. We die. Life’s all about loss and change. Things happen, we learn to adapt or we don’t, but we move on in some way or another. Sometimes that’s hard and takes longer than we’d like.” — Barbara Elsborg
3. “Nothing of character is really permanent but virtue and personal worth.” — Daniel Webster
4. “Oh well, this is only temporary. Everything will be better someday. I’ll make it better. After all, I’m young yet.” — Betty Smith
5. “Everything isn’t permanent, so don’t pretend that it is. Everything’s supposed to move and shift.” ― Chelsea Handler
6. “Every situation in life is temporary. So, when life is good, make sure you enjoy and receive it fully. And when life is not so good, remember that it will not last forever and better days are on the way.” — Jenni Young
7. “In the process of trying to steady my gait in a life that shook with uncertainty, I learned to make peace with the present by unknowingly breaking love lines to the past. Growing up in a landscape of improvised dreams and abstract national longings, everything felt temporary to me.” — Susan Abulhawa
8. “Understand that you own nothing. Everything that surrounds you is temporary. Only the love in your heart will last forever.” — Leon Brown
9. “Take solace, take comfort. Your problems, too, will go away one day. They’re temporary. The only thing that is permanent in nature is in your heart. Recognize that and be fulfilled. Fulfill the possibility that was declared the day you were born, the moment you took your first breath.” — Prem Rawat
10. “Since nothing is absolute, there is no absolute silence, only an appearance of temporary peace.” ― Dejan Stojanovic
11. “Like a sandcastle, all is temporary. Build it, tend it, enjoy it. And when the time comes, let it go.” — Jack Kornfield
12. “As any good Buddhist will tell you, the only way to find permanent joy is by embracing the fact that nothing is permanent.” — Martha Beck
13. “Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.” — Lance Armstrong
14. “Nothing is permanent. Love, feelings, time, condition I say nothing. Just enjoy your life, impress yourself, make proud yourself and do whatever makes you happy.” — Kavita Saraswat
15. “Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.” — Marilyn vos Savant
16. “Everything in existence undergoes constant change. The things that surround us, even our selves are temporary manifestations of Ki energy.” — Ilchi Lee
17. “I think it’s so foolish for people to want to be happy. Happy is so momentary——you’re happy for an instant and then you start thinking again. Interest is the most important thing in life; happiness is temporary, but interest is continuous.” — Georgia O’Keeffe
18. “Never make a permanent decision based on a temporary storm. No matter how raging the billows are today, remind yourself: This too shall pass!” — T. D. Jakes
19. “I tend to worry about each “emergency” or unforeseen complication on all my projects. But there are so many! All of life is unforeseen! So I am learning that is the cycle of life — everything is cyclical and temporary and to get ok with that someday could be my greatest achievement.” — Kristin Bauer Van Straten
20. “My God, a moment of bliss. Why, isn’t that enough for a whole lifetime?” ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, White Nights
Famous People’s Quotes On Everything Being Temporary
21. “Nothing is of a permanent nature.” — Mahatma Gandhi
22. “Someday, everything will make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, be strong, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.” — John Mayer
23. “Pull your boots up by the bootstrap and know that everything is temporary. All good moments are temporary and all bad moments are temporary. Nothing lasts forever.” — Jim Rohn
24. “Everything in his life was temporary, ungrounded. Language itself had lost its solidity; it had become thin, contingent, slippery, a viscid film on which he was sliding around like an eyeball on a plate. An eyeball that could still see, however. That was the trouble.” — Margaret Atwood
25. “There is no tragedy, only the unavoidable. Everything has its reason for being: you only need to distinguish what is temporary from what is lasting.” — Paulo Coelho
26. “Take a deep breath, listen to your favorite song and realize everything is gonna be okay, nothing is permanent.”— Camila Cabello
27. “Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.” — Charlie Chaplin
28. “We are only the temporary custodians of the particles which we are made of. They will go on to lead a future existence in the enormous universe that made them.” — Stephen Hawking
29. “You are the sky. The clouds are what happens, what comes and goes.” — Eckhart Tolle
Everything Is Temporary Quotes That Are Short And Sweet
30. “Nothing is permanent.”— Dalai Lama
31. “There is nothing permanent except change.” — Heraclitus
32. “Nothing is permanent but change.”— Elbert Hubbard
33. “Your trial is temporary, but God’s Love is permanent.” — Bo Sanchez
34. “Everything is temporary. Everything is bound to end.” — Keren Ann
35. “A mistake is just a temporary pause in your plan.” — Jenna Ushkowitz
36. “Money cannot purchase joy. It buys temporary distractions.” — LeCrae
37. “Everything that is visible is temporal.” — Sunday Adelaja
38. “Nothing is forever except change.” — Gautama Buddha
39. “Everything is temporary if you give it enough time…” — Jewel
40. “Everything you feel is temporary.” — Corey Taylor
41. “Everything’s temporary…until it’s not.” — Renata Suerth
42. “Love is reliable. infatuation is temporary.” — Ann Hood
43. “If you want to experiment, do something temporary.” — Andy Garcia
44. “Beer. Now there’s a temporary solution.” — Dan Castellaneta
45. “There is a vast difference between failure and temporary defeat.” — Napoleon Hill
46. “Everything living on earth is temporary.” — Sunday Adelaja
Everything Is Temporary Quotes To Help You Find Emotional Strength
47. “Nothing should be permanent except struggle with the dark side within ourselves.”— Shirley MacLaine
48. “I decided to let it go. The way I saw it,everything is temporary. Even the biggest stars die. Feelings are more temporary than most things. You just have to wait for them to pass.” — Tim Lott
49. “And here’s a secret for you — everything beautiful is sad … gilded with impermanence…” — John Geddes
50. “I saw that nothing was permanent. You don’t want to possess anything dear to you because you might lose it.” ― Yoko Ono
51. “Nothing is permanent. Not what you own, not what you love, not even the things that you think will break you forever.” — Georgina Hobart
52. “Remember sadness is always temporary. This, too, shall pass.” — Chuck T. Falcon
53. “Nothing is permanent. The only thing any of us have in common is the inevitable.”— Colleen Hoover
54. “Another long run, hoping to put distance between me and everything else. The farther, the better. Only problem is, the distance is just temporary, because no matter how far I go, I always have to come back.” — Lisa Schroeder
55. “When we hold on too tightly to our attachments we are trying to keep them just as they are, to make them permanent. But nothing in life is permanent.”— Gyalwa Dokhampa
56. “Tonight he would do anything in the world for her. Tomorrow he would begin to set her free.” ― Mary Balogh, The Temporary Wife
57. “People of the world will reject your reminders, because it reminds them that this world is temporary.” — Hamza Yusuf
58. “I did not hesitate to quit my courses and leave my apartment, feeling as detached from everything as only at twenty—three one feels, when all is temporary and settling down means to stagnate.” — Edgar Cantero
59. “Everything that I hold will eventually be gone. Subsequently, the quality of my life will depend on whether I choose to appreciate those things ‘now’ or wait until ‘then.” — Craig D. Lounsbrough
60. “Detachment is not giving up the things in this world, but accepting the fact and to be continuously aware that nothing is permanent.”— Aditya Ajmera
61. “Being temporary doesn’t make something matter any less, because the point isn’t for how long, the point is that it happened.” ― Robyn Schneider, Extraordinary Means
62. “You search endlessly for permanent happiness in a world where nothing is permanent.”— Christopher Pike
63. “In this life nothing is permanent. Joy, sorrow, pain, pleasure — everything is in a constant state of change. Thankfully.”— Danielle Cormack
64. “I wonder if one of the penalties of growing older is that you become more and more conscious that nothing is very permanent.”— Eleanor Roosevelt
Everything Is Temporary Quotes To Ponder On
65. “Everything is perfect and nothing is permanent.”— Dharma Mittra
66. “Opportunity often comes in disguised in the form of misfortune, or temporary defeat.” — Napoleon Hill
67. “In all the universe nothing remains permanent and unchanged but the spirit.”— Anton Chekhov
68. “Achievers are resolute in their goals and driven by determination. Discouragement is temporary, obstacles are overcome, and doubt is defeated, yielding to personal victory. You need to overcome the tug of people against you as you reach for high goals. Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory.” — George S. Patton
69. “Poor is a state of mind you never grow out of, but being broke is just a temporary condition.” — Dick Gregory
70. “Nothing is permanent about our behavior patterns except our belief that they are so.” — Moshe Feldenkrais
71. “The material world and the flesh are only temporary — there are no sins of the flesh, spirit is everything!” — Leslie Marmon Silko
72. “The innumerable phenomena of life are temporary manifestations of LifeParticles.Once we know that everything comes and goes in a flux of LifeParticles, we can watch ourselves and the world with tranquility.” — Ilchi Lee
73. “Everything has been planned. The ascent will be completed in two days’ time. He will climb another one hundred floors today. Another hundred the next day. He does not want to take the lift. The rush of life causes people to drown in the temporary. He wishes to dip into eternity before he leaves.” — Isa Kamari
74. “If you pour everything you have into this life, this world, which is temporary and fading, you’re jeopardizing your relationship with God, the only thing that’s eternal.” — Craig Groeschel
75. “This world and everything in it is only temporary; eternity is out there, we swim in it. And within our temporary bodies we carry inside of us eternity. There are but atoms separating us from the everlasting. Merely atoms.” — C. JoyBell C
76. “Nothing on this planet is permanent, and this is why I believe there can be no such thing as possession.”— Sebastien Foucan
77. “Everything is temporary, Duane. This,” he gestured to our surroundings, “this is temporary. Even mountains fall. Nothing lasts forever. You got a chance at happiness, even for a week, a month, a year? You grab it and you hold on to it for as long as it lasts.” — Penny Reid
78. “If everything were permanent, singular, or independent, nothing would change.”— Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche
79. “Many things are unknown to the wisest, and the best men can never wholly divest themselves of passions and affections… nothing can or ought to be permanent but that which is perfect.” — Algernon Sidney
80. “Life is completely different when you live near a railway station. It feels as if you’re just passing through. Everything is temporary. One day or another, you’ll hop on a train.” — Patrick Modiano
81. “Everything is temporary. There is nothing in the world that is not perishable. Therefore, treasure and honor all that you have in this moment, for in the next, it may be gone.” — Karlyle Tomms
82. “Future shock is a sickness which comes from too much change in too short a time. It’s the feeling that nothing is permanent anymore.” — Orson Welles
83. “Death can be understood as the passage from one form to another, from a limited degree of life to another higher, freer one. It is wrong to assume that everything ends with death; what ends is only the temporary conditions in which people have lived on earth…” — Peter Deunov
84. “Most of us spend years chasing things in this world that we think will make us feel loved. But everything this world has to offer is temporary. Everything. The kind of love our souls crave is lasting, eternal. And only God can fill up our hearts with that kind of love.” — Lysa TerKeurst
85. “Everything is temporary: emotions, thoughts, people and scenery. Do not get attached, just flow with it.” — The Minds Journal
Which Everything Is Temporary Quote is Your Favorite?
In conclusion, our list of everything Is temporary quotes serves as a reminder that nothing in this world is permanent.
These quotes offer perspective on the fleeting nature of life, reminding us to cherish the present moment and make the most of our time.
Here are a few key takeaways from this article:
- Everything, including our own lives, is temporary
- It’s important to live in the present moment and not get too attached to material possessions or outcomes
- Change is a constant in life, and it’s important to be adaptable and open to new experiences
- It’s okay to let go of things that no longer serve us or bring us joy
- It’s important to make the most of our time and live a fulfilling life while we have the chance.
So the next time you find yourself getting too attached to something or feeling overwhelmed by the constant change in life, remember these quotes and try to find peace in the impermanence of it all.
And please share your favorite everything is temporary quote in the comments.
We’d love to know!
Alan is the founder of Subconscious Servant. He has a passion for learning about topics such as spirituality and the metaphysical world. The thing he loves to explore most though is manifesting with the law of attraction ✨.