Does your life feel like a storm right now, and you don’t know when the sun will shine again?
These phases are normal, yet, I invite you to have a look at the following after the storm quotes.
These quotes will give you hope to believe that even though times are dark now, better ones will come.
After all, isn’t this what life is about?
Everyone’s life is a succession of good times and bad times.
No one has it perfect all the time. The key to success is to learn how to navigate through the storms, keeping the hope that the storm will pass and the sun will shine again.
Sometimes the storm is so long and destructive that you lose hope that it will ever go away.
If you are going through a rough patch at the moment, let's have a look at the following after the storm quotes.
They will help you believe in good times again and help you see the light at the end of the tunnel, bringing your faith back.
Calm After The Storm Quotes
1. “And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.” – Haruki Murakami
2. “God doesn’t author hardship but uses it to strengthen us for greater conquests. He never leads us into a storm that He doesn’t give us the power to overcome.” – John Bevere
3. “There is always a storm. There is always rain. Some experience it. Some live through it. And others are made from it.”– Shannon L. Alder
4. “When a storm blows, you must stand firm. For it is not trying to knock you down, it is really trying to teach you to be strong.” – Joseph M. Marshall III
5. “Never make a permanent decision based on a temporary storm. No matter how raging the billows are today, remind yourself: “This too shall pass!” – T. D. Jakes
6. “Life can give you strength. Strength can come from facing the storms of life, from knowing loss, feeling sadness and heartache, from falling into the depths of grief. You must stand up in the storm. You must face the wind and the cold and the darkness. When the storm blows hard, you must stand firm, for it is not trying to knock you down; it is really trying to teach you to be strong.” – Joseph M. Marshall III
7. “Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come.” – Robert H. Schuller
8. “No storm can last forever. It will never rain 365 days consecutively. Keep in mind that trouble comes to pass, not to stay. Don’t worry! No storm, not even the one in your life, can last forever.” – Iyanla Vanzant
9. “The morning is full of storms in the heart of summer. The clouds travel like white handkerchiefs of goodbye, the wind, traveling, waving them in its hands. The numberless heart of the wind beating above our loving silence. Orchestral and divine, resounding among the trees like a language full of wars and songs.” – Pablo Neruda
10. “When you walk through the storm, hold your head high, And don’t be afraid of the dark! At the end of the storm are a golden sky And the sweet song of the lark. Walk on through the wind Walk on through the rain Though your dreams are tossed & blown Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart, and you’ll never walk alone!” – Douglas Adams.
11. “The storms will come, and the winds will rise, and the gusts will threaten to pull you from your roots. Let the winds come. Let them rage and know that you will not break in the breeze; you will bend. Bend. Always bend because you are made of more strength than you know because you are better than the breaking.” – Tyler Knott Gregson
12. “Sometimes the Lord rides out the storm with us, and other times He calms the restless sea around us. Most of all, He calms the storm inside us In our deepest inner soul.” – Lloyd John Ogilvie
13. “A new world will be won not by those who stand at a distance with their arms folded, but by those who are in the arena, whose garments are torn by storms and whose bodies are maimed in the course of the contest.” – Nelson Mandela
14. “The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests.” – Epictetus
15. “The Eagle does not escape the storm. The Eagle simply uses the storm to lift it higher. It spreads its mighty wings and rises on the winds that bring the storm.” – Jack White
16. “The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over.” – Aesop
17. “Whether one is twenty, forty, or sixty; whether one has succeeded, failed, or just muddled along; whether yesterday was full of sun or storm, or one of those dull days with no weather at all, life begins each morning!” – Leigh Mitchell Hodges
18. “There is no safer feeling than the comfort of sheltering from life’s storms in the harbor of friendship.” – Sir David Baird
19. “When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands, flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty.” – John Muir
20. “After the rain, there’s a rainbow. After a storm, there’s calm. After the night, there’s a morning. And after an end, there’s a new beginning.”
21. “The heart of man is very much like the sea; it has its storms, it has its tides, and in its depths, it has its pearls too” – Vincent Van Gogh
22. “The wise man in the storm prays to God not for safety from danger but for deliverance from fear. It is the storm within which endangers him, not the storm without.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
23. “This is like the calm after the storm. Everything has settled, and even though it left destruction in its wake, you know the worst is over.” – Kasie West
24. “The calm after the storm is often the most beautiful moment of all”
After The Storm Quotes That Are Short And Powerful
25. “There is peace even in the storm” – Vincent Van Gogh
26. “After the storm comes the rainbow.”
27. “The rainbow is always inside the storm.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
28. “The sun after the rain is much more beautiful than the sun before the rain.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
29. “Birds sing after a storm. Why shouldn’t we?” – Rose Kennedy
30. “Storms make trees take deeper roots.” – Dolly Parton
31. “Remember to play after every storm.” – Mattie Stepanek
32. “There are some things you can only learn in a storm.” – Joel Osteen
33. “Sometimes a storm in your life is what will blow you to the place you are longing to be.” – Beth Moore
34. “You must be willing to endure the storm to enjoy and appreciate the rainbow that follows.”
35. “The sun always shines after the storm.”
36. “A strong soul shines after every storm.”
37. “The world is a great ocean, upon which we encounter more tempestuous storms than calms.” – Edgar Allan Poe
38. “The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow.”
39. “Sometimes God calms the storm, and sometimes He calms his child.” – John H. Groberg
40. “The more violent the storm, the quicker it passes.” – Paulo Coelho
41. “The storm is an artist; the rainbow is its masterpiece.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
42. “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” – Louisa May Alcott
43. “Storms draw something out of us that calm seas don’t.” – Bill Hybels
44. “Fix your course on a star, and you’ll navigate any storm.” – Leonardo da Vinci
45. “Thunderstorms are as much as our friends as the sunshine.” – Criss Jami
46. “After every storm, there come clear open skies.” – Samuel Rutherford
47. “You cannot forever escape from the storm; you must learn to stand up to it.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
48. “Every storm runs out of rain, just like every dark night turns into day.” – Gary Allan
49. “If you want to see the sunshine, you must weather the storm.” – Frank Lane
50. “Serenity isn’t the peace away from the storm; it’s the peace at the eye of the storm.” – Ed Martin Cruz
51. “He calmed the storm to a whisper and stilled the waves.” – The Bible
52. “I want a storm to come and flood us into a song that no one wrote.” – Frida Kahlo
53. “Wait for the calm after the storm. Wait for the peace to return once more.”
54. “One friend in a storm is worth more than a thousand friends in the sunshine.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
55. “After a storm comes a calm.” – Matthew Henry
56. “There’s calm waters after rough seas”
57. “In order to realize the worth of the anchor, we need to feel the stress of the storm.” – Corrie Ten Boom
58. “Wherever the storm carries me, I go a willing guest.” – Horace
59. “Life isn’t finding shelter in the storm. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.” – Sherrilyn Kenyon
60. “In the midst of the storm, your lifeboat appears. A psalm, a hymn, a word… calming the fiercest winds of the soul.” – Roderick L. Evans
61. “The only safe ship in a storm is leadership.” – Faye Wattleton
62. “There are some things you learn best in calm, and some in the storm.” – Willa Cather
63. “If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine.” – Morris West
64. “Don’t wait for the storms of your life to pass. Learn to dance in the rain.” – Steve Rizzo
After The Storm Quotes That Are Motivational
65. “The calm before the storm is when you prepare to meet it. The calm after the storm is when you realize you beat it AGAIN!”
66. “It often takes the darkness of a storm to show us the light of God’s presence.” – Tony Evans
67. “If we never had any storms, we couldn’t appreciate the sunshine.” – Dale Evans
68. “Faith is the virtue of the storm, just as happiness is the virtue of sunshine.” – Ruth Fulton Benedict
69. “Just remember…there was the calm before the storm…there will be calm after….”
70. “But the thing about thunderstorms is that there’s always a sense of peace when once the storm is over.” – Tabitha G. Kelly
71. “Celebrate your success and stand strong when adversity hits, for when the storm clouds come in, the eagles soar while the small birds take cover.” – Napoleon Hill
72. “Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray.” – Lord Byron
73. “There’s a storm inside of us, a burning river, a drive. You push yourself further than anyone could think possible. You are never out of the fight.” – Marcus Luttrell
74. “After the rain, the sun will reappear. There is life. After the pain, the joy will still be here.” – Walt Disney
75. “Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” – Rabindranath Tagore
76. “If patience is worth anything, it must endure to the end of time. And a living faith will last in the midst of the blackest storm.” – Mahatma Gandhi
77. “Like the ocean that remains calm in its depths even when waves rage over its surface, and like the sun that continues shining on high even during storms, we can at each moment create value and develop our state of life, enjoying our existence to the fullest in times of both suffering and joy.” – Daisaku Ikeda
78. “Sometimes God allows storms to come together in such a way that they ultimately fulfill something that would never have happened otherwise.” – Beth Moore
RELATED: Weather Life’s Storms: 100+ When it Rains, it Pours Quotes
79. “No one’s life is a smooth sail; we all come into stormy weather. But it’s this adversity – and more specifically our resilience – that makes us strong and successful.” – Tony Robbins
80. “When the storm rips you to pieces, you get to decide how to put yourself back together again.” – Bryant H. McGill
81. “The storm starts when the drops start dropping. When the drops stop dropping, the storm stops stopping.” – Dr. Seuss
82. “When the storm has passed, put your energy into rebuilding your life, don’t waste time looking back.” – Leon Brown
83. “When the storms of life are pouring down on you. Muster up the courage to dance and bless the things that life has given you.” – Steve Rizzo
84. “Birds sing after a storm; why shouldn’t people feel as free to delight in whatever remains to them?” – Rose Kennedy
85. “A tree with strong roots can withstand the most violent storm, but the tree can’t grow roots just as the storm appears on the horizon.” – Dalai Lama
86. “In times of crisis, different people react in different ways. Some might try to escape. Others might attempt to batten down the hatches and ride out the storm in a safe haven.” – Cullen Bunn
87. “The storm may rage and the winds may howl, but the calm after the storm brings with it a sense of peace and tranquility”
88. “He knows when we go into the storm, He watches over us in the storm, and He can bring us out of the storm when His purposes have been fulfilled.” – Warren W. Wiersbe
89. “When you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come” – Robert H. Schuller
90. “The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore.” – Vincent Van Gogh
91. “For each thorn, there’s a rosebud… For each twilight – dawn… For each trial – the strength to carry on, For each storm cloud – a rainbow… For each shadow – the sun… For each parting – sweet memories when sorrow is done.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
92. “It is not light that we need, but fire; it is not the gentle shower, but thunder. We need the storm, the whirlwind, and the earthquake.” – Frederick Douglass
93. “Understand that you own nothing. Everything that surrounds you is temporary. Only the love in your heart will last forever.” – Leon Brown
94. “If only a horrible storm can demolish the castle of the devil, then let the storm be victorious! It is not uncommon that heaven comes after hell.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
95. “The storm may have caused chaos and destruction, but it is in the calm after the storm that we can find the opportunity to rebuild and create something even better”
96. “For each thorn, there’s a rosebud… For each twilight – dawn… For each trial – the strength to carry on, For each storm cloud – a rainbow… For each shadow – the sun… For each parting – sweet memories when sorrow is done.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
97. “When people are grieving, it’s kind of like a storm, and you need something to grab onto, but often you have to brave it on your own.” – Clare Bowen
98. “A dove struggling in a storm grows stronger than an eagle soaring in the sunshine.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
99. “The storm may rage, but the calm will always come. It is only a matter of time.”
100. “Dignity of human nature requires that we must face the storms of life.” – Mahatma Gandhi
101. “Life is about growing, learning, and becoming. You can not grow, learn, or become if you can not embrace the changes in your life.” – Steve Rizzo.
Share Your Favourite After The Storm Quotes
Those after the storm quotes are very inspirational – they can make you believe in the light at the end of the tunnel when you need to believe in it the most.
We all go through dark times or storms, but also, every storm ends.
No storm can last forever!
So, no matter what you are going through right now, have faith that things will get resolved and the sun will shine again.
We would love to read in the comment section below which was your favorite after the storm quote or even to learn a new quote from you if you know any great ones!
Alexandra, the head author at Subconscious Servant is a Psychologist, Reiki Therapist, and writer. She loves writing about any topic from Applied Psychology, Metaphysical and Spiritual healing, hoping that people on a spiritual, self-discovery journey will find guidance and light through her articles. If you want to read more about Alexandra, visit her full author bio here.