You live in a society that dictates your life down to the smallest details – how to dress, behave, how plan your life, even who you’re meant to be.
It’s easy to fall into the trap of forgetting who you are and changing yourself to fit in, thus, I’ve put together these 88 amazing inspirational unapologetic quotes that talk about the importance of being your true, authentic, and unapologetic self.
You already know that society has pre-defined success for you – you’re meant to graduate school with good grades, get into a good university, get a well-paid job or start a successful business, buy a house and a car and get married and have children.
And if possible, all that by the time you’re 30! Crazy, isn’t it?
I find that we live in a society that puts way too much pressure on us, and this pressure can sometimes become unbearable – like a burden.
When this society was built and designed, the main truth was omitted: the fact that we are powerful, different spiritual beings with their own karmic lessons to learn and unique spiritual paths.
They don’t teach you this in school, do they? All they teach you is how to “fit in,” and this can lead to a feeling of not knowing who you really are.
Not being connected to the spiritual truths of life can leave you feeling unhappy, lost, disconnected, or even depressed.
It can be hard to be your true authentic self in this world, especially because many of your close ones will encourage you to try and fit in rather than be your authentic, unapologetic self.
On our website, we have plenty of articles that can guide you to find your true authentic self, discover who you truly are, and shine from within while walking proudly on your own unique spiritual path.
I hope that this article with quotes on how to be your true, unapologetic self will also be a source of inspiration for you.
Thus, let’s read through the following 88 unapologetic quotes about how to be yourself, embrace your uniqueness, be a strong woman, and love without restrictions!
Let’s see how you can create a completely new life inspired by them!
Being Your Unapologetic Self Quotes
1. “Be who you were created to be, and you will set the world on fire.”- St. Catherine of Sienna
2. “Those who inspire others are people who are themselves. Why not try to be an inspiration to others?” – Annette Szproch
3. “To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting.” – E.E. Cummings
4. “My past has not defined me, destroyed me, deterred me, or defeated me; it has only strengthened me.” – Steve Maraboli
5. “You are not obligated to apologize for who you are. Unapologetically be yourself and the right people will love and appreciate you for it.”- Alan Young
6. “It’s only by saying no that you can concentrate on the really important things.” –Steve Jobs.
7. “I say what I want to say and do what I want to do. There’s no in-between. People will either love you for it or hate you for it.”- Eminem
8. “No matter what the situation, remind yourself, ‘I have a choice.” – Deepak Chopra
9. “Being your authentic and unapologetic self… Now that’s courage, confidence, and self-love! Never underestimate yourself… There’s great power in simply being YOU.”- Stephanie Lahart
10. “Don’t let others box you into their idea of what they think you should be. A confined identity is a miserable way to exist. Be you and live free. Trust that in living true to yourself, you will attract people that support and love you, just as you are.” – Jaeda DeWalt
11. “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.”- Shannon L. Alder
12. “Follow your inner moonlight; don’t hide the madness.” – Allen Ginsberg
13. “What I am is good enough if I would only be it openly.” – Carl Rogers
14. “What’s important is that you leap. Jump high and hard with intention and heart. Pay no mind to the vision that the committee made up. You get to make your life.” – Cheryl Strayed
15. “Renew, release, let go. Yesterday’s gone. There’s nothing you can do to bring it back. You can’t “should’ve” done something. You can only DO something. Renew yourself. Release that attachment. Today is a new day!”- Steve Maraboli
16. “The strongest force in the universe is a human being living consistently with his identity.”- Tony Robbins
17. “By definition, I believe I am unapologetically optimistic, and I am unapologetically earnest.” – Emilio Estevez
18. “No other version, no matter how perfect it is, would ever feel better than being your true self.”- Edmond Mbiaka
19. “I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.” – Mahatma Ghandi
20. “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life but define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
21. “A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself and, especially, to feel, or not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at any moment is fine with them. That’s what real love amounts to–letting a person be what he really is.” – Jim Morrison
22. “You are not responsible for other people’s happiness, only your own. So be unapologetically yourself.”- Alan Young
23. “The people who don’t give up are the people who find a way to believe in abundance rather than scarcity. They’ve taken into their hearts the idea that there is enough for all of us, that success manifests itself in different ways for different people, that keeping the faith is more important than cashing the check.” – Cheryl Strayed
24. “I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence.”- Frederick Douglass
25. “Find out who you are and do it on purpose.” – Dolly Parton
26. “Be true to yourself. Make each day a masterpiece. Help others. Drink deeply from good books. Make friendship a fine art. Build a shelter against a rainy day.”- John Wooden
27. “We should cultivate the ability to say no to activities for which we have no time, no talent, and which we have no interest or real concern. If we learn to say no to many things, then we will be able to say yes to the things that matter most.” – Roy Blauss
28. “Take care not to listen to anyone who tells you what you can and can’t be in life.”- Meg Medina
29. “Being brave enough to just be unapologetic for who you are‚ that’s a goddess.” – Banks
30. “We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us.” – Virginia Satir
31. “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” – Maya Angelou.
32. “Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, but you also have an obligation to be one.” – Eleanor Roosevelt.
33. “You don’t have to be young. You don’t have to be thin. You don’t have to be ‘hot’ in a way that some dumbfuckedly narrow mindset has construed that word. You don’t have to have taut flesh, a tight ass, or an eternally upright set of tits. You must find a way to inhabit your body while fulfilling your deepest desires. You must be brave enough to build the intimacy you deserve.” – Cheryl Strayed.
34. “Don’t be into trends. Don’t make fashion own you, but you decide what you are and what you want to express by how you dress and live.” – Gianni Versace.
35. “Don’t dilute yourself for any person or any reason. You are enough! Be unapologetically you.” – Steve Maraboli.
36. “Better to be a nerd than one of the herd!”- Mandy Hale
37. “You can’t make people be or do what you want. All you can do is be unapologetic about what you want and let others show up however they can.” – Gabrielle Bernstein.
38. “Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric.”- Bertrand Russell.
39. “This is not the moment to wilt into the underbrush of your insecurities. You’ve earned the right to grow.” – Cheryl Strayed.
40. “You were born an original. Don’t die a copy.”- John Mason
41. “It’s not your responsibility to want the life that others want for you.” – Colin Wright.
42. “You are never too old to be who you are meant to be.” – Alan Young
43. “I’m unapologetic not because I’m strong-willed or overconfident; I’m unapologetic because this is it; this is my life. There is nothing I can do, no one I can please. I am a person with a strong sense of being, that’s all.” – Jean Seberg.
44. “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” – Marilyn Monroe.
45. “With confidence, you have won before you have started.” – Marcus Garvey.
46. “It’s only by saying no that you can concentrate on the things that are really important.” – Steve Jobs
47. “Never dull your shine for somebody else.”- Tyra Banks
48. “I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.” – Johnny Depp
Unapologetic Quotes About Being Your Unique Self
49. “By being yourself, you put something wonderful in the world that was not there before.”- Edwin Elliott
50. “You’ve got to be yourself; if you’re not, you’re a phony. It comes shining through if you’re not careful.” – Jack Harbaugh
51. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself and not a second-rate version of someone else.” – Judy Garland
52. “You must have control of the authorship of your own destiny. The pen that writes your life story must be held in your own hand.” – Irene C. Kassorla
53. “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” – Bernard Baruch
54. “I’m the pink sheep in the family.” – Alexander McQueen
55. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
56.“God has given you one face, and you make yourself another.” – William Shakespeare
57. “You are you. Now, isn’t that pleasant?” – Dr. Seuss
58. “Originality is… a by-product of sincerity.” – Marianne Moore
59. “Always be yourself. At the end of the day, that’s all you’ve really got; when you strip everything down, that’s all you’ve got, so always be yourself.” – Al Roker
60. “To accept ourselves as we are means to value our imperfections as much as our perfections.” – Sandra Bierig
61. “Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else’s opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.” – Oscar Wilde
62. “Where’s your will to be weird?” – Jim Morrison
63. “If you want to be yourself, sometimes you can’t compare the economic benefit with art.” – Kelly Liang
64. “To be one and united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater.” – Bono
Love Unapologetically Quotes
65. “I find the best way to love someone is not to change them, but instead, help them reveal the greatest version of themselves.”- Steve Maraboli
66. “I believe in the immeasurable power of love; that true love can endure any circumstance and reach across any distance.”- Steve Maraboli
67. “Love is forgiving, accepting, moving on, embracing, and all-encompassing. And if you’re not doing that for yourself, you cannot do that with anyone else.” – Steve Maraboli
68. “Love is or it ain’t. Thin love ain’t love at all.” – Toni Morisson
69. “Of all forms of caution, caution in love is perhaps the most fatal to true happiness.” – Bertrand Russell
70. “Loved you yesterday, love you still, always have, always will.” – Elain Davis
71. “Love takes off the masks we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.” – James Baldwin
72. “One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.” – Paulo Coelho
Strong Woman Unapologetic Quotes
73. “I think women are foolish to pretend they are equal to men; they are far superior and always have been.” – William Golding
74. “I’m totally unapologetic about being an ambitious woman, and you should be, too.” – Shinjini Das
75. “So if diva means giving your best, then yes, I guess I am a diva.” – Patti LaBelle
76. “If the first woman God ever made was strong enough to turn the world upside down all alone, these women together ought to be able to turn it back and get it right side up again! And now they are asking to do it, the men better let them.” – Sojourner Truth
77. “Women have always been the strong ones of the world. The men are always seeking from women a little pillow to put their heads down on. They are always longing for the mother who held them as infants.” – Coco Chanel
78. “A strong woman understands that gifts such as logic, decisiveness, and strength are just as feminine as intuition and emotional connection. She values and uses all of her gifts.” – Nancy Rathburn
79. “Growing up in Serbia, where women are unapologetically very feminine, I came to London and realized that I wanted to keep this feminine element but give it a twist and challenge ideas of classical beauty.” – Roksanda Ilincic
80. “What I find very attractive, what I find sexual, are people who are unapologetic for who they are and comfortable with themselves. And I think with those two things, sexual energy does come out because you’re not hovering or censoring yourself; you’re just being who you are. And being who you are is a very attractive quality in a person.” – Katherine Moennig
81. “We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.”- Beyoncé
82. “Women, like men, should try to do the impossible, and when they fail, their failure should be a challenge to others.” – Amelia Earhart
83. “Feminism is for everybody.” – Bell Hooks
84. “If you’re lucky enough to be different, don’t ever change.” – Taylor Swift
85. “There is nothing rarer, nor more beautiful, than a woman being unapologetically herself, comfortable in her perfect imperfection. To me, that is the true essence of beauty”. – Steve Maraboli
86. “I just love bossy women. I could be around them all day. To me, bossy is not a pejorative term at all. It means somebody’s passionate and engaged and ambitious and doesn’t mind leading.” – Amy Poehler
87. “I’ve never met a woman who is not strong, but sometimes they don’t let it out. Then there’s a tragedy, and then suddenly that strength comes. My message is let the strength come out before the tragedy.” – Diane von Furstenberg
88. “Feminism means to me being comfortable with who you are as a woman and being unapologetic about it.”C – Charissa Thompson
What Are Your Favorite Unapologetic quotes?
Living unapologetically is one thing that will definitely set you free and allow you to look at life in a different light!
We would love to hear which one of these quotes inspired you to be your unapologetic self, love unapologetically, or become an unapologetic strong woman!
If any particular quote inspires you, don’t forget to write it on a post-it and put it on your bathroom mirror so that you can see it every morning and start the day with fresh, empowering energy!
Leave us a comment and share with us which of the unapologetic quotes read here has inspired you the most!
Alexandra, the head author at Subconscious Servant is a Psychologist, Reiki Therapist, and writer. She loves writing about any topic from Applied Psychology, Metaphysical and Spiritual healing, hoping that people on a spiritual, self-discovery journey will find guidance and light through her articles. If you want to read more about Alexandra, visit her full author bio here.