Quitting smoking has given me such a sense of freedom that you will only know when you stop and feel happy about it.
I used affirmations to help me quit smoking and I can honestly say they work.
You may find you’re naturally drawn to a solution that will make stoping easy (like I did).
Or you may just stop on your own accord.
Either way, affirmations do work if you say them regularly, and with positive emotion.
Also, in this article I’ve split the affirmations up into two categories, ones for before you quit, and ones for after you quit.
I’ve also put some best practices for doing affirmations at the bottom of this article.
Good luck, you can do it!
Best Affirmations If You Want To Quit Smoking
1. I choose to stop smoking and it feels good.
2. I love myself more than I love smoking. I say yes to life and no to smoking.
3. Stopping smoking is easy.
4. I gain nothing as a smoker.
5. I have it all to gain as a nonsmoker.
6. Choosing to be free from nicotine is a decision I’m happy to make.
7. Every time I need a break I just breathe and let go.
8. I care and respect my body and let go of unhealthy addictions.
9. I hereby release any need to smoke and accept a smoke-free life with open arms.
10. There is no genuine pleasure from smoking, that’s why I will find quitting easy.
11. Now is the time I choose freedom from smoking.
12. I prefer to breathe fresh air every day.
13. Since I know my self better every day, I know how to stop smoking with ease.
14. Stopping smoking takes no will power because I don’t want to smoke.
15. I will be free from smoking and do it very happily.
16. I will effortlessly stop smoking completely.
17. My natural state is that of a non-smoker.
18. It is empowering to know that I have power over my life choices, including smoking.
19. I choose good health.
20. I look to the future as a nonsmoker with excitement.
21. My life will be happier as a nonsmoker.
22. I look forward to my life free from cigarettes.
Best Stop Smoking Affirmations If You’ve Already Quit
1. Every day in every way I feel happier and healthier.
2. I prefer to breathe fresh air every day.
3. My lungs are feeling better each day.
4. I am now living a smoke-free life and it feels great.
5. I choose to not smoke and it feels good.
6. I appreciate the new sense of freedom I have as a nonsmoker.
7. Today as a nonsmoker, I engage in activities that support my well being.
8. My body is free from nicotine and it feels good.
9. Now I can say “I don’t smoke” and that gives me an incredible sense of pride.
10. I deeply love and respect my body.
11. My self-image improves each day as a nonsmoker.
12. Every new day I move away from smoking and towards a new, healthier me.
13. My breathing is improving each and every day.
14. Being smoke-free, I now feel complete ease in all situations.
15. Eliminating nicotine from my life is easy.
16. I am free from smoking today and I very happy about it.
17. My lungs are becoming healthy and clean.
18. I am calm and relaxed as a nonsmoker.
19. It feels good to be finally free from cigarettes.
20. Every day in every way my life gets better as a nonsmoker.
21. I am so happy I chose to ditch the cigarettes for happiness and health.
22. When I wake, I feel happy with the choice I made to be free from smoke.
Tips For Using Affirmations Effectively
Say your affirmations to yourself at least twice a day.
As you awake and just before you go to sleep work best as your brain is a receptive state.
Also, recording your affirmations and playing them in the background works great as well.
Feeling positive emotion really enhances the effectiveness of affirmations, so try to get in a positive state when you say or listen to your affirmations.
Playing uplifting music can help elevate your emotions as will visualizing the desired outcome, i.e. you being a happy nonsmoker.