Sound and singing bowls have been utilized for therapy, healing, meditation, and creating holy spaces since ancient times.
They are made to send off a lot of energy.
Natural vibrations emitted by crystals affect energy levels and can aid physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
Making sound vibrations to cleanse and re-energize your crystals is a terrific technique to do so.
The sound of singing bowls is enhanced by placing them on a cushion.
They should also come with a wooden stick for sounding them.
The bowls produce a deep or high-pitched tone comparable to that of a brass bell, yet they will constantly ring (as if singing) when in use.
In this article, we will be looking at how to use a singing bowl for cleansing your crystals, why you should use singing bowls for crystals, and the different types of singing bowls you can find on the market.
Why Use A Singing Bowl For Cleansing Crystals?
Singing bowls can be used for a wide range of purposes, including purifying and blessing a room, cleansing crystals, meditation, and even healing.
They purify and harmonize the aura as well as all of the chakras.
They employ sound to cleanse, similar to Tingshas, Bells, or Tuning Forks.
They are acoustic healing instruments that are widely utilized for therapeutic purposes, such as relaxation, as well as spiritual attributes like awareness, knowledge, and cosmic awareness.
Healing crystals are also fruits of Mother Nature.
It’s possible that this is why mystics and psychics employ them for emotional healing, chakra cleansing, and spiritual awareness.
You should use cleansing bowels for crystals because, in a metaphysical sense, they turn negative or unbalanced energy into positive or balanced energy.
Their purifying voice permeates through humans, atoms, and walls, raising the vibration of everything around them.
How To Cleanse Crystals With A Singing Bowl?
Do you know that some crystals have the ability to absorb negative energy from other crystals, people who have touched the crystals, and environments?
Some crystals can also be used to cleanse.
Cleansing crystals combined with sonic healing instruments can help in this situation.
Although the intense vibrations may damage the crystals, they can be placed inside the bowl, but this is not advised. You may need to practice if this is your first time using the singing bowl.
If you’re going to purchase a singing bowl, be sure it’s of high quality.
Singing bowls of good quality provide a melodic ringing sound that lasts for a while before diminishing.
Singing bowls of poor quality generate a dull metallic sound and are less effective at cleaning crystals.
Let’s now learn how to cleanse crystals with a singing bowl.
Singing Bowl Cleansing: Method One
1. Place your singing bowl on a flat surface and on its cushion.
2. Arrange your crystal or crystals around the cushion and singing bowl’s perimeter.
3. Gently strike the singing bowl’s side with the stick to produce a ringing sound.
4. Gently but firmly rub the outside of the bowl in a clockwise motion with the side of the stick. The ringing should continue as a result of this.
5. Continue rubbing the mallet around the singing bowl for a few minutes until the cleansing process is complete. The high vibration of your crystal singing bowl’s pure crystalline voice fills the crystals, driving out any negative energy.
Any nearby crystals will have their vibrations raised as a result of this. You will know the process is complete when you hear the singing bowl change tune.
Singing Bowl Cleansing: Method Two
1. On a flat surface, place your crystal or crystals (or stand next to where they are)
2. Place the singing bowl on top of your non-dominant hand while holding the cushion.
3. Place the bowl on top of the crystals or just in front of them.
4. Gently strike the edge of the singing bowl with the stick with your other hand, causing it to ring.
5. Calmly but firmly touch the outside of the bowl in a clockwise motion with the side of the stick. This should be a steady motion. The ringing should continue as a result of this.
6. Rub the singing bowl with the intention of cleansing your crystals for a few circles. Stop when you’re satisfied that you’ve completed the cleansing process.
Singing Bowl Cleansing: Method Three
Instead of setting the singing bowl on a table, another option is to hold it in your hand. To use this approach, follow these steps:
1. Place your crystals on a flat surface such as the floor or a table close to you and stand beside the singing bowl and crystals.
2. Put your non-dormant hand on the singing bowl.
3. Strike the bowl with a mallet with the other hand to make a ringing sound.
4. With the mallet, firmly rub the outside rim of the singing bowl in a clockwise movement.
5. This will keep the ringing sound going, which you can turn off at any moment.
Types Of Singing Bowls You Can Use
From high to low tones, the sound generated by these various varieties of singing bowls spans five octaves.
Antique singing bowls can be found in a variety of shops around Kathmandu’s historic city.
Below are a few of the different types of Singing bowls that you can use to help the healing process and cleansing process of your crystals.
Tibetan Singing Bowl
Although they are created in Nepal and India, this spiritual tool originates in Tibet and Buddhism.
Tibetan singing bowls are traditionally made of brass or bronze, with up to seven different metals used in their construction.
Some are forged, while others are cast.
These singing bowls are also known as Himalayan Singing Bowls, Meditation Bowls as well as Sound Bowls.
Their incredible sound is aided by both the metal ratio (high Copper content) and form.
They come in a range of sizes, and some include sacred Buddhist pictures, symbols, mandalas, or mantras written, etched, or painted on them.
Thandobati Singing Bowl
Singing bowls from Thadobati have high walls, flat bases, and straight edges.
The lips are basic and undecorated, and they respond well to mallet play.
The Thadobati bowls are the oldest bowls on the market, dating back to the 15th century.
These are the most popular and distinctive singing bowls on the market.
Aside from that, the Thadobati bowls contain a variety of decorative markings.
The bottom diameter of the most common Thadobati bowls is somewhat less than the entrance diameter.
Jambati Singing Bowls
Bowls with curving walls, flat bottoms, and inward-facing lips are known as Jambati singing bowls.
They have hammer marks on them, which adds to their charm.
The outside rim of Jambati singing bowls has classical etching lines, and the inside bottom has circular patterns.
There are no lines on ancient Jambati because they get worn away over time.
Furthermore, they usually play the second or third octave, yet their range spans four octaves.
Ultabati Singing Bowls
Ultabaati, like Jambati, is enormous, hefty bowls that are over 7 inches in diameter.
They’re simple to play and can generate the lowest two octaves.
Ultabati bowls have the ability to make the OM sound, which has spiritual significance in Buddhist meditation.
They’re also capable of creating fountains.
The side of the bowl curves under the rim in Ultabati.
They have a lot of hammer marks and etching lines that look like Jambati bowls. Ultabati has comparable low tones to Jambati.
They feature darkish or blackened outside walls and light interiors.
Lingam bowls are narrow bowls with a central protrusion feature.
The bowl’s peak creates a flat bottom with a navel-shaped appearance.
Due to its distinctive structure, it has a distinct tone and can be challenging to play.
The Hindu god Shiva is represented by the lingam. Lingam bowls are utilized in both religious and medical rites.
Furthermore, ancient Lingam bowls feature a circular form that is identical to Jambati.
Other bowl forms, such as Manipuri, can incorporate the Lingham characteristic as well.
To make a sturdy Lingam, an authentic antique Lingam must have consistent metal at the base of the singing bowl.
These various types of singing bowls have a high market value.
Ways For You To Take Care Of And Store Your Singing Bowls
What is the best way to care for a singing bowl? Is it possible to leave it in the sun for an extended period of time?
What is the best way to clean it? All of your answers may be found below!
- After each usage, wipe down the singing bowl with a super-absorbent towel and warm water.
- To avoid rust, keep the singing bowl in an airtight container.
- Do not stack bowls on top of one other.
- Placing the crystals in the bowl beneath the moonlight is also an excellent way to cleanse the stones.
- Do not leave your singing bowls in the sun for long periods of time as the sun can damage the metals.
Final Thoughts On Singing Bowls
We have gone through how to cleanse your crystals with a singing bowl, the different types of singing bowls, as well as how you can take care of your singing bowls.
Regular cleansing for your crystals is essential whether you are purchasing a new stone or simply looking to maintain a current one.
Using a singing bowl to enhance your meditation sessions while also keeping your crystals cleansed is a great combination to ensure that the singing bowl not only helps your crystals but also helps you as well.
When gently struck, an authentic singing bowl produces a melodic ringing sound comparable to that of a brass bell.
This sound continues to ring for a while before gradually diminishing.
It will sound like you’re hitting a pot with a wooden spoon if it’s made of the incorrect metal or contains too much iron or tin.
A dull metallic sound is produced by low-quality and fraudulent singing bowls, which fade quickly.
Thank you. I hope you enjoyed this article. Feel free to leave a comment below with any questions you may have.
❤️ Other cleansing methods you may want to learn:
- How To Cleanse Crystals With Himalayan Salt? A Simple Guide
- How To Cleanse Crystals With Selenite (Step By Step Guide)
- How To Cleanse Crystals With Incense – Full Step By Step Guide
Alan is the founder of Subconscious Servant. He has a passion for learning about topics such as spirituality and the metaphysical world. The thing he loves to explore most though is manifesting with the law of attraction ✨.