The secret to prospering and leading a fulfilled life is showing up and taking care of yourself.
We have always found that reading quotes are an excellent method to re-establish contact with your heart, soul, intentions, and ambitions.
They serve as markers for people to use as a reminder of their ideal selves, emotions, and way of life.
People discover the importance of self-acceptance, self-love, and self-care on the road to spiritual and personal development.
They serve as the cornerstone on which you can build a successful life.
Here is a collection of 101+ show up for yourself quotes to help you remember how valuable it is to look after yourself and to show up for yourself and others.
Best Show Up For Yourself Quotes
1. “Sometimes I act like I have my shit together more than I do. Sometimes I act like I don’t have my shit together as much as I do. I’m done acting. I’d rather just be okay with however together my shit is at the time, and still do my best to show up, as I am.” – Scott Stabile
2. “Stop complaining and do something… Shut up! Rise up! Grow up! And show up! See you at the top!” – Israelmore Ayivor
3. “Showing up begins long before you stand at the start. Prove yourself an exception in a world where people talk more than act. Intent without follow-through is hollow. Disappoint yourself enough times and empty is how you feel. Make yourself proud. Fill yourself up. Show up.” – Gina Greenlee, Postcards and Pearls: Life Lessons from Solo Moments on the Road.
4. “The less I know – the more the world opens up, wide and waiting. This is how I have come to understand the taste of freedom. I am filled with resistance. But still, I am here. One letter on this screen at a time, I am here. Neck aching and back bent and eyes burning, I am here. This is what it means to show up. This is what it means to trust the calling. This is what It means to write.” – Jeanette LeBlanc.
5. “Show up authentically and synergy will meet you there.” – Sanjo Jendayi
6. “Showing up in the lives of children is everything.” – Greg Boyle
7. “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep, loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.”— Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
8. “No matter how many obstacles we face from birth—the outcome of letting loose love and showing up marks humankind— for success wins human equality, discretely.” – Kamini Arichandran
9. “Instead of showing up to let everyone know how great we are, show up to find out how great everyone else is.” – Simon Sinek
10. “Just trying to do something – just being there, showing up – is how we get braver. Self-esteem is about doing.” – Joy Browne
Show Up Quotes By Famous People
11. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserves your love and affection.” – Budda
12. “Nourishing yourself in a way that helps you blossom in the direction you want to go is attainable, and you are worth the effort. – Deborah Day
13. “There is nothing rarer, nor more beautiful, than a woman being unapologetically herself; comfortable in her perfect imperfection. To me, that is the essence of beauty.” – Steve Maraboli
14. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most importantly, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” – Steve Jobs
15. “As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.” – Maya Angelou
16. “Self-Care has very little to do with your outer self. It’s about accepting all of yourself.” – Tyra Banks
17. “Eighty percent of success is showing up.” – Woody Allen
18. “With every act of self-care your authentic self gets stronger, and the critical, fearful mind gets weaker. Every act of self-care is a powerful declaration: I am on my side, I am on my side, each day I am more and more on my own side.” – Susan Weiss Berry
19. “ To stay on the map, you’ve got to keep showing up.”- Peter Gallagher
20. “Life is about putting forth your best effort and showing up. When you show up to the gig fearlessness and put forth your best, who knows what could come of it?” – Shangela
21. “Most of your life is showing up. You do the best you can, which varies from day to day.” – Regina Brett
22. “When I loved myself enough, I began leaving whatever wasn’t healthy. This meant people, jobs, my own beliefs, and habits – anything that kept me small. Judgement called it disloyal. Now I see it as self-loving.”– Kim McMilllen
23. “Each time a woman stands up for herself, without knowing it possibly, without claiming it, she stands up for all women.” – Maya Angelou
24. “If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete.” – Buddha
25. “If you celebrate your differentness, the world will, too. It believes exactly what you tell it—through the words you use to describe yourself, the actions you take to care for yourself, and the choices you make to express yourself. Tell the world you are one-of-a-kind creation who came here to experience wonder and spread joy. Expect to be accommodated.” – Victoria Moran
26. “The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours – it is an amazing journey – and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.” – Bob Moawad
27. “Showing up is not all of life- but it counts for a lot.” – Hillary Clinton
28. “Just show up and things will happen.” – Mother Teresa
29. “Recognize and reward people for excellence, not for just showing up.” – Frank Sonnenberg
30. “There is a verison of yourself you have not met yet. Keep showing up until you’re introduced.” – Jim Kwik
31 “How you show up for yourself will speak volumes when its tome to show up for others. You cannot fill the cup of your neighbor or loved ones when you’re depleted. Take care of you. Take care of them. In that order.” – Alex Elle
Quotes About Showing Up For Yourself
32. “What are you hiding? Is it something from others, or from yourself. Find your truth. The more you show up, the more you'll be found.”- Brittany Burgunder
33. “Don’t be deceived by the thoughts of obscurity that lingers around your head. Go and shine the light in you.” – Israelmore Ayivor, Shaping the dream.
34. “Worthiness, it is there, always there and today, I hope you find it.”- Harpreet M Dayal
35. “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.”- M. Scott Peck
36. “There’s nothing more daring than showing up, putting ourselves out there and letting ourselves be seen.” – Brené Brown
37. “If you don’t love yourself, nobody will. Not only that, you won’t be good at loving anyone else. Loving starts with the self.”- Wayne Dyer
38. “Be your own best cheerleader. Show up for yourself and believe in yourself, and you'll be amazed at what you can achieve.”- Alan Young
39. “Showing up is essential. Showing up constantly is powerful. Showing up constantly with a positive outlook is even more powerful.” – Jeff Olson
40. “Perseverance doesn’t always mean winning and losing. Perseverance means showing up and rising to the occasion and performing.” – Michael Chiesa
41. “If you don't show up for yourself, who will?” – Alan Young
42. “Carry hope in your pockets, let it see the light of tomorrow.” – Harpreet M Dayal
43 “The willingness to show up changes us, it makes us a little braver each time.” – Brené Brown
44. “Show yourself how much you can depend on the person you’ve become”
45. “Showing up for yourself in the ultimate sense means that you make choices that honor your emotional, physical, mental, and spiritual needs as they arise.”
46. “Do yourself and the world a favor and learn how to show up for yourself.”
47. “Impress yourself. Show yourself that you can grow and get better. It’s never about competing with anyone else. In the end, it’s just you vs. you.” – Marcandangel
48. “Be kinder to yourself. And then let your kindness flood the world.” – Pema Chodron
49. “You have to believe in yourself when no one else does- that makes you a winner right there.” – Venus Williams
50. “This year, I will love the work in progress that is me.”
51. “Showing up for yourself in an authentic way looks like this: being honest with yourself.”
52. “Showing yo for yourself means that you practice self-compassions and honor your boundaries.”
53. “When you work on showing up for yourself, you need to remember that cutting off toxic people from your life is part of that process.”
54. “I have come to believe that caring for myself is not self-indulgent. Caring for myself is an act of survival.” – Audre Lorde
55. “There is no greater gift you can give or receive than to honor your calling. It is why you were born. And how you can become most truly alive.” – Oprah Winfrey
56. “No matter how you feel. Get up. Dress up. Show up and never give up.”
57. “In your twenties. Your twenties are your selfish years. It is a decade to immerse yourself in every single thing possible. Be selfish with your time, and all the aspects of yourself. Tinker with shit, travel, explore, love a lot, love a little and ever touch the ground.” – Kyoka Escamilla
58. “Be happy, and the reason will come along.” – Robert Brault
59. “When you rebuild your spirit, its branches will bear the fruit that brings strength back to your voice.” – Harpreet M Dayal
60. “I will continue to nourish love for myself, I will lean into its power.”- Harpreet M Dayal
RELATED: You Are Worth It: 101+ Quotes On Putting Yourself First
Quotes About Showing Up From Unknown People
61. “Before anything else or anyone else, make sure you’re taking care of yourself. If you’re not treating yourself well on the inside, you will not be happy or healthy on the outside. Self-care is essential to your wellness.”
62. “Your relationship with yourself sets the tone for every relationship that you have.”
63. “Once you’ve accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you.”
64. “Vulnerability is about showing up and being seen. It’s tough to do that when we’re terrified about what people might see or think.”
65. “Maybe life isn’t about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it’s about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it.”
66. “Just keep showing up when most people quit.”
67. “If you want something to happen, make it happen. Be the one who shows up and makes things happen.”
68. “The formula for success is 2% talent, 8% luck and 90% of showing up every day.”
69. “How you choose to show up magnetizes what shows up for you.”
70. “Bravery is the choice to show up and listen to another person, be it a loved one or perceived foe, even when it is uncomfortable, painful, or the last thing you want to do.”
71. “A man shows up. For himself and others. He doesn’t run, he doesn’t pass the buck, he shows up. And when he is hurt, or when he has done wrong, or has made his own mistake — a man shows up. For himself and others.”
72. “Show up in every single moment like you’re meant to be there.”
73. “Courage starts with showing up and letting ourselves be seen.”
74. “Showing up for yourself should mean that you practice self-forgiveness.”
75. “Taking care of your mind, body and soul is part of showing up for yourself.”
76. “Trust yourself, you have survived a lot and you will survive whatever is coming.”
77. “Self-care is showing up for yourself like you do for others. Self-care is honoring the boundaries you have set for yourself. Self-care is releasing the habit of overextending in whats that are unhealthy and draining.”
78. “Not to self. It is ok to not have it all figured out yet.”
79 “Create the life you want bu showing up.”
80. “This is your reminder that you are capable of great things… You just need to start by showing up.”
81. “You can do the hard things and the first step is to show up.”
Quotes About Showing Up For Others
82. “I’ve never held out. I’m a first-class guy in any relationship. The first way of getting better is showing up, so I’m always going to show up and do my part and be ready to go.” – Antonio Brown
83. “I’ve got to keep showing up every day and putting in work.” – Julio Jones
84. “Be in’ is all about passion. Life is short. There are so many interesting things we can do in our life, and I feel like if someone is just kind of showing up, it’s not worth it for them or for us.” – Brad Garlinghouse
85. “We are in each others life for a reason. Thank the person in your life for showing up.”
86. “Showing up for people is ninety percent of the battle. Just make sure your hair is really cute.”
87. “Showing up is non-refundable. Use it with good intention.”
88. “It lives in the small things… the joy of people showing up.”
89. “If you show up for others, they'll show up for you.” – Alan Young
90. “That’s when I finally got it. I finally understood. It wasn’t the thought that counted. It was the actual execution that mattered, the showing up for somebody. The intent behind it wasn’t enough. Not for me. Not anymore. It wasn’t enough to know that deep down, he loved me. You had to actually say it to somebody, show them you cared. And he just didn’t. Not enough.” – Jenny Han
91. “My students have shown me so many times that it’s not always about being the perfect person in the perfect position, it’s about showing up when you’re needed.” – Jill Biden
92. “Every one of us needs to show how much we care for each other and, in the process, care for ourselves.”— Princess Diana
93. “When it comes down to it, that’s what life is all about: showing up for the people you love, again and again, until you can’t show up anymore. – Rebecca Walker
94. “Anyone can show up when you’re happy. But the ones who stay by your side when your heart falls apart. They are your true friends.”– Brigitte Nicole
95. “Love has a funny way of showing up when you aren’t looking for it and didn’t plan on it.” – Adriana Trigiani
96. “If I’m not happy with how someone is showing up, I can only be honest and hope that my feelings resonate and inspire a deeper look into oneself.” – Stacy Keibler
97. “Show up. If you truly want to have clients and customers notice you and take you seriously, you have to put yourself out there, unapologetically.”
98. “If you want to change the world, start by showing up for the people in it.” – Alan Young
99. “The energy we show up with is more often not the energy we encounter.”
100. “Show up for the people. Offer what you can. Be unselfish. Love people when they need it, even when you feel they do not deserve it. Be a healer. Be kind.”
101. “Show up for people because when you are hurting, you will want someone to show up for you.”
102. “There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up”- John Holmes
103. “If we want to change things, we must first change ourselves. If we want to play, if we want to change the world, we must first show up on the field to score.” – Paul Rusesabagina
104. “We must be willing to let go of the life we planned, so that we can show up for the life that is waiting for us.”
RELATED: 145 Go Harder Quotes To Push You To Your Limits
Takeaways On The Quotes To Show Up For Yourself
In conclusion, it is important to always show up for yourself, as you are the only one who can control your own happiness and success.
Use the show up for your self quotes as a daily reminder to keep moving forward and never give up on yourself.
You are capable of greatness, so go out there and show the world what you're made of!
Thank you for stopping by.
And please let us know which of the above quotes most resonates with you and why. We'd really like to know!
Alan is the founder of Subconscious Servant. He has a passion for learning about topics such as spirituality and the metaphysical world. The thing he loves to explore most though is manifesting with the law of attraction ✨.