If you’re feeling worthless, you’re not alone.
In this article, we explore 67 quotes that perfectly capture the feeling of worthlessness.
Many of us can relate to these quotes, and they provide some comfort in knowing that we’re not alone in how we’re feeling.
Read on to see all of the quotes and find out which ones resonate with you the most.
Quotes About Feeling Worthless Everyone Can Relate
1. “You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You’re the same decaying organic matter as everything else”- Tyler Durden
2. “Self-confidence gives you the freedom to make mistakes and cope with failure without feeling that your world has come to an end or that you are a worthless person.” – Anonymous
3. “Never feel self-pity, the most destructive emotion there is. How awful to be caught up in the terrible squirrel cage of self.” – Millicent Fenwick
4. “If worthless men are sometimes at the head of affairs, it is, I believe, because worthless men are at the tail and the middle.” – John Adams
5. “Every human being has the same potential. Whatever makes you feel I am worthless is wrong. Absolutely wrong. You are deceiving yourself. We all have the power of thought, so what could you possibly be lacking? If you have the willpower, then you can do anything.” – Dalai Lama
6. “Many great ideas go unexecuted, and many great executioners are without ideas. One without the other is worthless.” – Tim Blixseth
7. “When I am not desperate, I am worthless.” – Ivo Andric
8. “You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You’re the same decaying organic matter as everything else.” – Tyler Durden
9. “The pleasure we derive from doing favors is partly in the feeling it gives us that we are not altogether worthless. It is a pleasant surprise to ourselves” – Eric Hoffer
10. “Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worthless. But no matter what has happened or what will happen, we will never lose our value in God’s eyes.” – Joyce Meyer
Quotes About Feeling Worthless and Sad
11. “Pity is best taught by a fellowship in woe.” – Samuel Taylor Coleridge
12. “You must realize that one day you will die. Until then, you are worthless.” – Chuck Palahniuk
13. “Self-pity is like a snake that gets in your brain and lays its eggs there.” – Steve Chandler
14. “No one has the right to be sorry for himself for a misfortune that strikes everyone.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
15. “Real men are sadly lacking in this world, for when they are put to the test, they prove worthless.” – Franz Liszt
16. “Strategic planning is worthless – unless there is first a strategic vision.” –John Naisbitt
17. “I learned that you are not free until you stop others from making you feel worthless. Because if you do not, you will eventually accept that you are worthless.” – Ishmael Beah
18. “An idea is worthless unless you use it.” – John C. Maxwell
19. “In the absence of willpower, the most complete collection of virtues and talents is wholly worthless.” – Aleister Crowley
20. “I don’t deserve a soul, yet I still have one. I know because it hurts”.– Douglas Coupland
21. “Rough diamonds may sometimes be mistaken for worthless pebbles.” –Thomas Browne
I’m Useless Quotes
22. “Self-pity is our worst enemy, and if we yield to it, we can never do anything wise in this world.” – Helen Keller
23. “Self-pity dries up our sympathy for others.” – Mason Cooley
24. “I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy because they know what it’s like to feel absolutely worthless, and they don’t want anyone else to feel like that.” – Robin Williams
25. “Consider before acting to avoid foolishness. It is the worthless man who speaks and acts thoughtlessly.” – Pythagoras
26. “Sometimes it feels as if everything in life is just something we haul to the grave.” – Douglas Coupland
27. “No one is useless in this world who lightens the burden of it for anyone else.” – Charles Dickens
28. “Pity costs nothing, and it ain’t worth nothing.” – Josh Billings
29. “Failure is another emotion I cannot stand to feel because, in adult life, I have conditioned myself not to fail at anything. Failure takes me straight back to the feelings of worthlessness I grew up with as a stammering, reclusive little boy.” –Jake Wood
30. “Feeling sorry for yourself, and your present condition, is not only a waste of energy but the worst habit you could possibly have. “– Dale Carnegie
31. “Worthless people live only to eat and drink; people of worth eat and drink only to live.” –Socrates
Quotes About Feeling Worthless that Can Motivate You
32. “You are a piece of the puzzle of someone else’s life. You may never know where you fit, but others will fill the holes in their lives with pieces of you.” –Bonnie Arbon
33. “Keep courage. Whatever you do, do not feel sorry for yourself. You will win in a great age of opportunity.” –Richard L Evans
34. “God does not love us because we are valuable; rather we are valuable because God loves us.” –Kevin Martin
35. “When you know your worth, no one can make you feel worthless.” –Luan
36. “Feeling sorry for yourself, and your present condition, is not only a waste of energy but the worst habit you could possibly have.” –Dale Carnegie
37. “Honestly, sitting around feeling sorry for yourself won’t change anything. If you want your life to change, you have to do something about it.” –Sonya Parker
38. “Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” –Lucille Ball
39. “Even the most worthless thing in the world can be beautiful; it just takes the right touch.” –Robert McCammon
40. “We find worth in jobs, money, & performance so we can hide how worthless we feel inside. Acknowledge the pain to be healed.”–LeCrae
41. “The problem with comparison is that you always feel either better than someone else or worthless compared to someone else.”–Dillon Burroughs
42. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
43. “You are worthless to others if you don’t know your own self and self-worth.” –Bryant McGill
44. “Wicked thoughts and worthless efforts gradually set their mark on the face, especially the eyes.” –Arthur Schopenhauer
45. “You are not worthless. Even if you’ve been called that your entire life.” –Kevin Walker
46. “Keep courage. Whatever you do, do not feel sorry for yourself. You will win in a great age of opportunity.”–Richard L Evans
Quotes About Feeling Worthless that Can Help You Overcome Depression
47. “Self-pity in its early stages is as snug as a feather mattress. Only when it hardens does it become uncomfortable.” –Maya Angelou
48. “Anyone who has accustomed himself to regard the life of any living creature as worthless is in danger of arriving also at the idea of worthless human lives.” –Albert Schweitzer
49. “I’ll never forget how the depression and being worthless felt good and bad at the same time. Still does.”― Henry Rollins
50. “People who have never dealt with depression and worthlessness think it’s just being sad or being in a bad mood. That’s not what depression is for me; it’s falling into a state of grayness and numbness.” — Dan Reynolds
51. “I’m tired of feeling worthless. I’m tired of feeling hopeless. But above all, I’m tired of feeling tired.” –Anonymous
52. “Socialists make the mistake of confusing individual worth with success. They believe you cannot allow people to succeed in case those who fail feel worthless.” –Kenneth Baker
53. “A big part of depression is feeling really lonely and worthless, even if you’re in a room full of a million people.” — Lilly Singh
54. “Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and depression they’re going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It’s hard to be a friend to someone who’s depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do.” ― Stephen Fry
55. “One day you’ll discover that the opinions of worthless people are worthless.” –Piers Anthony
56. “A faith that does not result inactivity of any kind is a dead faith; it is empty, worthless, insincere.”- Derek Prince
I’m Worthless Quotes
57. “When one realizes that his life is worthless, he either commits suicide or travels.” – Edward Dahlberg
58. “When your self-worth goes up, your net worth goes up with it.” – Mark Victor Hansen
59. “Worrying is worthless. When you stop focusing on what has already happened and what may never happen, then you’ll be in the present moment. Then you’ll begin to experience joy in life.” – Brian Weiss
60. “Keep courage. Whatever you do, do not feel sorry for yourself. You will win in a great age of opportunity.” –Richard L Evans
61. “You can be surrounded by people and still be lonely. You can be the most popular person in school, envied by every girl and wanted by every boy, and still feel completely worthless. The world can be laid at your feet, and you can still not know what you want from it.” –Hannah Harrington
62. “Find value in what we’ve been taught is worthless.” –Chuck Palahniuk
63. “Whatever you seize for yourself is worthless. Only what is given you has value.” –Gerald Morris
64. “The currency of this world will be worthless at our death or at Christ’s return, both of which are imminent.” –Randy Alcorn
65. “Another problem with worry is that it makes you forget your worth. Worry makes you feel worthless, forgotten, and unimportant.”–Charles R. Swindoll
66. “Knowing you’re worthless doesn’t give you value any more than knowing you are a captive sets you free.” –Ted Dekker
67. “No human being, when you understand his desires, is worthless. No one’s life is nothing.” –Orson Scott Card
Share Your Favorite Quotes About Feeling Worthless!
In conclusion, if you are feeling worthless, know that you are not alone.
There are many people who feel the same way and have felt that way at some point in their lives.
These quotes about feeling worthless show that there is hope and that things can and will get better.
If you are feeling worthless, reach out to someone who can help you, whether that be a friend, family member, therapist, or hotline.
You are worth more than you think.
Thank you, I hope you enjoyed this article and please let us know in the comments which was your favorite quote as we’d love to know.
Alan is the founder of Subconscious Servant. He has a passion for learning about topics such as spirituality and the metaphysical world. The thing he loves to explore most though is manifesting with the law of attraction ✨.