Doves are a species of birds that are quite distinct in the presence and energy that they bring to the earth.
Doves are gentle yet powerful creatures that have an aura of divine energy and connection. As humans, we have been drawn to doves since ancient times.
Doves have been referred to in the bible and have even been trained by humans in the past to deliver messages (these were known as homing pigeons; pigeons belong to the same species group as doves).
There are many varieties of doves such as homing pigeons, which are also known as rock doves, mourning doves as well as white doves.
In this article, we will focus on the meaning of two doves in general rather than a specific species.
A pair of doves is a well-known symbol that humans have adopted into our culture, and within this article, we will learn more about the meanings associated with this symbol with a specific focus on the spiritual meaning of a pair of doves.
Now let's fully explore “what does it mean when you see two doves?”…
Exploring the 2 Doves Meaning: 11 Symbolic and Spiritual Significances
These are some of the meanings of a pair of doves as a symbol.
These meanings can relate to the use of a pair of doves as a symbol as well as if you happen to spot a pair of doves they may have a message for you that is linked to one of these seven key meanings below.
Many of the meanings associated with a pair of doves link to the natural phenomenon that doves are an animal that chooses a mate and stick with their mate throughout life.
Now here are the meanings of seeing two doves:
The two doves meaning is of symbol of deep love.
They represent romantic love as well as deeper soul connection love.
Signifying a spiritual and unconditional love and bonding. Doves are also associated with the planet Venus and goddess Aphrodite which are both symbols of love.
2. Unity and Union
Doves are a symbol of unity, they represent coming together with a positive attitude.
Doves also symbolize union and so they are often used as a symbol during wedding ceremonies. The energy of unity is linked to the spiritual experience of oneness- that we are all connected.
3. Peace and Harmony
A pair of doves also symbolizes harmonious coming together and peaceful energy.
Doves are often used as a symbol of peace. They carry a gentle and soothing energy which is a great foundation for peaceful connection.
Doves are good at working together harmoniously in pairs. One of the goals of spirituality is to attain peace and harmony within our experience of life and so working with the energy of a dove pair can align us to this vibration
4. Nurture and Parenthood
Doves are known to be great parents.
They are nurturing by nature, and a pair of doves can be a symbol of nurturing and parenthood.
Interestingly, within a dove union, both the mom and dad are equally responsible for looking after their babies, they work harmoniously building a nest together as well as taking turns incubating their eggs.
Their devotion, nurturing, and equality in parenthood is even part of their biology seen in the fact that both dove parents produce milk to feed their young.
Raising a child is most definitely a spiritual practice, and so through observing how doves approach parenthood we may be inspired to act with intentional nurturing and grace as well as supporting our partners as best we can as parents together.
Two doves can be seen as a symbol of purity as they are associated with holiness or divine spiritual energy.
Again a biological factor is analogous to how doves embody purity.
In preparation for feeding their young the dove parents actually fast for a period of time in order to purify their bodies and provide the purest quality of milk for their babies.
The 2 white doves meaning is especially representative of purity as the color white holds an angelic and pure vibration of light.
6. Devotion and Loyalty
As mentioned before it is natural for doves to choose a mate and stick with the same mate for life. This is why a pair of doves is a potent symbol of devotion and loyalty.
Their devotion is also seen in the way they share responsibility in caring for their young together.
The fidelity of doves is another reason that the symbol of two doves is often associated with marriage or sacred union.
7. Deep Resonance
A pair of doves can also symbolize deep resonance or soul connection. Because these beings are able to feel each other, commit and work together in harmony, they are tuned to the same frequency.
They choose to align with each other, and this creates a deep resonance between the doves which allows them to hold the high vibration that they offer.
8. The Holy Spirit
Christian artwork and literature often depict doves as a powerful symbol of the Holy Spirit.
The dove's peace and purity signify the loving guidance and protection offered by the Holy Spirit, while its loyalty to its mate reflects the devotedness it has for believers.
Its ability to soar freely stands for liberation and freedom, reminding us that we are never alone – the Holy Spirit is always ready to provide comfort, support, and strength.
9. Messenger of Love
A pair of doves can be seen as a sign of a messenger of love from the divine.
Throughout many cultures, these small birds are believed to be capable of bringing powerful messages of love and guidance.
Symbolically, their loyalty towards each other can demonstrate the strength of love when binding two hearts together.
Furthermore, the resonance and harmony between two doves reflect the ability for love to bring people into alignment and create a sense of unity.
Overall, two doves represent the power that comes from loving one another unconditionally – they are a reminder of how transformative it can be to share your heart with someone else.
A pair of doves is an enduring symbol of innocence, untainted by the harshness of the world.
Their white feathers and gentle cooing evoke a sense of purity, while their loyalty to each other reflects the strength of devotion and love.
Together, a pair of doves can be seen as representatives of true innocence; free from negativity and pain, they stand for a kind of love that is pure and untouched.
As symbols of innocence, they are often used in weddings and other special ceremonies to represent the permanence and sanctity of love between two people.
11. Renewal and rebirth
Doves represent a powerful symbol of renewal and rebirth, providing an inspiring example of how to embrace change and start anew.
As the white feathers of the dove evoke an image of a clear and untainted slate, its courtship rituals, nest building, and caring for its young all come together to demonstrate how one can set aside old patterns and beliefs in favor of something fresh and new.
The sight of a pair of doves taking flight serves as a gentle reminder that we can always choose to begin again,
…if we have the courage to let go of the past, our lives can enter into a state of continuous renewal and rebirth.
Dream Meaning Of A Pair Of Doves
As always with dream interpretations, consult your intuition, current life focus in conjunction with the suggested interpretations.
When a pair of doves makes an appearance in your dream it could hold the following significances:
- Seeing a pair of doves in your dream could be a sign to consider integrating the positive aspects of dove energy into your life as this will benefit your spiritual evolution. Aspects such as peacefulness, loyalty, and unconditional love.
- Seeing a pair of doves can be a reminder to consciously and intentionally work harmoniously with your partner and yourself for the highest good of all.
- Seeing a pair of doves can be a sign that you should check in with how you are treating yourself, your partner, and your kin and maybe choose to be a little more gentle and nurturing in these relations.
- Seeing a pair of doves can be a reminder to tend to your spiritual aspects, your awareness of your intuition, and your higher self.
What Does A Pair Of Doves Signify As An Omen?
An omen can be considered as a divine message, a sign that is symbolically informing us of possible future events.
If you see two doves or an image of two doves and feel it to be an omen, it could signify:
- Finding your soul mate/life partner or deepening in love within your current partnership.
- That you are to become a parent in the near future and you will be very supported and good at parenting.
- That divine energy, holiness is all around you and you are always supported by great spirit.
- That you are entering a period in your life of peace, tranquility, and harmony.
- That you will experience new levels of self-love.
- That you should approach any situation you are experiencing with optimism.
RELATED: White Butterflies: 20 Amazing Symbolic Meanings Explored
Other Potential Significance Of Two Doves
The more intricately you observe the behavior and energy of doves the more you can understand their significance.
Here are few more possible meanings of a pair of doves:
- The fact that we are trying to understand the meaning of 2 doves relates to the number 2. In numerology, the vibration of number 2 is linked to balance, diplomacy, harmony, intimacy, and care. The numerology meaning of the number two is quite reflective of the spiritual meaning of a pair of doves discussed earlier in this article.
- Due to the significance of doves being very loyal and nurturing creatures they are also associated with the energy of innocence.
- The fact that doves are quite simple and beautiful birds who work together harmoniously associate them with the meaning of gracefulness.
- Doves can be seen as celestial messengers bringing us the message of the ultimate truth of love: higher love, self-love, and spiritual soul love.
- Two doves can represent prosperity and abundance as together they have the ability to co-create.
- Two doves can symbolize success and enjoyed partnership or teamwork.
- Doves offer an energy that is tranquil and soothing.
- Doves symbolize divine energy and holiness as they embody many benevolent traits.
- Doves can be symbolic of the unconscious and conscious mind together and can symbolize the integration of these aspects. They can also be symbolic of masculine and feminine energy uniting.
Intentionally working with the energy of doves
Now that you have an in-depth understanding of the energetic and embodied nature of doves.
You may want to intentionally call upon these beings to assist you with a situation in your life or you may simply just feel attracted to getting to know them better.
You can start to call in the vibration of dove energy in the following ways:
- Source beautiful images or sculptures of doves to place on your altar or in your home.
- Engage in an intentional visualization with doves, you can visualize interacting with them or observing them in your meditation.
- Create an artwork including two doves.
- Watch and study a video of two doves.
- Spend time in nature studying doves (this is probably the most effective way to get in touch with them).
- Continue researching and learning more about doves.
Working with dove energy can assist you with:
- Deep soul connection with your partner.
- Assist you with attracting your soul mate /life partner.
- Assist you with being a good parent.
- Welcoming the energy of peace and harmony into your life.
- Initiating a purification or cleanse in your life.
These simple and graceful creatures can really teach us so much and now that you have taken the time to explore deeper insights surrounding the meaning of a pair of doves you will experience their energy with renewed presence.
I hope you enjoyed this article. If you would like to know about the dove as a spirit animal then check this article out, or if you want to know about spirit animals and what yours could be, check out this article. Thanks 🙏
Alan is the founder of Subconscious Servant. He has a passion for learning about topics such as spirituality and the metaphysical world. The thing he loves to explore most though is manifesting with the law of attraction ✨.
Sunday 11th of December 2022
I haven't hardly ever seen mourning doves in the wild in my entire life, but within the last six months on four different occasions a pair of mourning doves have shown up right in front of me. I appreciate this article. I am hopeful for what I want them to mean, but i know i can't just take what i want to hear. I will also take into account the other possible meanings such as more self-love and finding peace, harmony, and tranquility within myself rather than just looking for it in someone else. I know I'm being divinely looked after and cared for. Thank you.
Monday 26th of December 2022
Thank you for opening up about your special relationship with see mourning doves. It sounds like they might be trying to give you a message and you're open to their guidance. Every person can interpret the symbols of doves differently, so it's important to take all perspectives into account when considering how it applies to your own life. Additionally, taking care of yourself and finding harmony within is always essential for producing positive outcomes in every area of your life. I'm happy that you feel protected and I hope they keep sharing positive messages as you head onward in life.
Saturday 8th of January 2022
Greetings, I enjoyed reading this article. I had a vision seeing two doves facing each other while praying and I was led to do a basic search. What you have mentioned in your article, I am in agreement with you because some of what you stated was exactly what came to mind. Thank you! Good job
Friday 26th of November 2021
Recently I had an encounter of 7 doves who followed me on a walk in my neighborhood. And for the past year I have encountered many doves outside my apartment or the store. I will see doves everywhere! And was wondering if you had any more information regarding the spiritual meaning of this phenomenon?
Thursday 3rd of February 2022
I was just searching for information on Doves. I believe that what I seen in the night's sky was two Doves, these Doves were huge as big as a bicycle . One of them faded away and the other turned into a five pointed star then slowly fading away. I recorded this and I was shaking with wonder and aww.
Thursday 19th of August 2021
I have recently been seeing 2 Dovesin the city, which is rare beside my home. I also am in a challenge called "pray for your future spouse." I think he's closer than I expect...
Saturday 23rd of October 2021