While the Law of Attraction works as an overarching guide of manifestation practices, there are so many different ways that you can set your wants, dreams, wishes, and desires in metaphorical stone.
One such method I particularly love which I want more people to know about is the manifestation box.
This type of manifestation tool is perfect for those who like tangible objects which represent their non-corporeal dreams. It’s also excellent for those who like to express their spirituality in a creative way.
In this article, we’ll be taking a deep dive and revealing the secrets of the manifestation box as well as talking you through how you can get started making your own!
What Is A Manifestation Box?
A manifestation box may also be called an intention box, wish box, dream box, vision box, and many other titles along a similar vein.
This is a powerful manifestation tool that works with the law of attraction and is highly personal to its creator.
On paper, creating a manifestation box is simple; you need a box, some decorations, an intention, and some items to fill it with.
However, making a manifestation box is actually a creative and spiritual journey that is a joy to create. The idea behind a manifestation box is that with each item you add and each decoration you make you’re infusing the box with positive energy to guide you closer to your goal.
In many ways, a manifestation box is like a vision board only 3-dimensional and with tangible objects that you can hold when channeling your intentions.
It’s also much easier to store and is less likely to become damaged!
The Benefits Of A Manifestation Box
There are a variety of benefits to creating and keeping a manifestation box such as:
- Perfect for Visual and Kinesthetic People: A lot of spiritual practices involve envisioning things in your mind or feeling things within your body. This can be hard for people who like to see things (visual) or feel and interact with things (kinesthetic) as it can be a challenge for them to solely picture their intentions in their minds. A manifestation box helps to bring their intentions into the real world.
- Clarity of Vision: Even if you prefer to visualize your intentions in your mind, a manifestation box works as a great physical reminder of your wants and needs allowing you to hone your mental intentions and stay focussed.
- Increased Power: As mentioned, your ability to manifest is far more powerful when your intentions are clear. A manifestation box helps you to keep your intentions on track and stops you from becoming distracted by other less essential wants and needs. This lends extra power to your manifestation practices and increases your odds of making your dreams a reality.
- A Creative Outlet: Creative activities have been proven to have huge benefits for our mental, emotional, and spiritual health as they act as a way for us to release tension and express things we’ve been keeping inside. Creativity is also great for waking up your brain and getting yourself thinking about what you really want, need, and deserve.
- Personal: Personally, aside from the creative element, one of the things I really love about a manifestation box is how personal it can become. Unlike some other manifestation practices which need to be done by the book, there are no rules for how you create your manifestation box or what should be included. If an item is important to you or you feel it represents your intentions then it earns its place within the box!
- Affordable: Cost is always something that prevents me from delving into more areas of spirituality. Sadly, as the spiritual way of living is viewed as a more ‘niche’ interest, books, tools, and spiritual items can be much more expensive. Of course, there are always workarounds, and one such example is a manifestation box. This is because you can quite literally take a shoebox, cover it in spare paint, funky wrapping paper, or even draw on it, and your box is good to go!
- An Exciting Activity: Creating a manifestation box is a wonderful spiritual activity. You can take your time and set the scene, light your favorite candle, diffuse oils, or even put on your favorite movie, and take your time crafting your box. It can also be a fun activity to do as a family or as a couple if you have a group intention in mind.
What You’ll Need To Create Your Manifestation Box
What you’ll require for your box is entirely up to you but what you’ll definitely need is:
- A box (check out this treasure box on Amazon)
- Some form of decoration
- Some paper and a pen (or objects to place in the box)
Starting with the box itself you can either choose to decorate a box yourself or purchase one.
You might have an antique box you picked up thrifting or a stationary/file box you’ve had sitting around that you like.
Otherwise, you could opt for a humble shoebox, or purchase a plain wooden box to decorate. The size of your box also depends on what you intend to put inside it, but there’s definitely no right or wrong when it comes to this!
Personally, I recommend either decorating a plain box or customizing your chosen box.
This helps make the box far more special and unique to you which perfectly matches your unique wants and desires you’ll be storing safely inside.
There are so many different ways you can choose to decorate your box; you could paint it, decoupage it, use glitter, fabric, papier mache, shells, stickers, draw on it, even burnish it if you’re feeling extra adventurous!
A common decoration that people like to place on their box is the word ‘manifest’, and the principles of the law of attraction; ‘ask, believe, let go, receive’. You might also want to include some keywords or visual elements of your intention to help make your box feel cohesive.
How To Set Up Your Manifestation Box
Step 1: Set Your Intentions
The first thing you’ll need to do to set up your manifestation box is to select your intention.
This can be overwhelming but remind focused on what it is you *truly* want to receive. Your intention shouldn’t be something flippant or passing but something that takes work and time and is truly meaningful to you.
This could be something material such as a new car, a lifelong dream such as to visit a certain country or a personal goal such as to reach grade 8 in piano.
In general, you can break down true intentions into one of these categories:
- Places you want to go
- Things you want to see
- Emotions you want to feel
- The person you want to become
- Targets or goals you want to achieve
- Experiences you want to try
- Futures you want to become reality.
Step 2: Start Adding Items!
Now you have your intention in mind it’s time to start curating the items that will live in your manifestation box.
There’s no right or wrong when it comes to what you add, just make sure the items, imagery, or objects you choose are symbolic or representative of the intention you have in mind; it can be easy to become sidetracked!
Some items you might want to add to your manifestation box include:
- Magazine clippings/articles
- Symbolic images such as a dollar bill, a photo of a location, or an image that you feel express what you aim to invoke.
- A script, which is a document you write which tells the story of a future event that you’d like to make your new reality.
- A letter of intent (more on this later)
- Crystals (more on this later)
- Souvenirs, tokens, or personal objects
- Certificates or awards (if your goal is towards improving your skills)
- Affirmations or quotes (more on this later)
- To-do Lists
- A letter to yourself or encouraging messages from loved ones
- Postcards, artwork, or prints
And technically that’s all you need to do to set up your manifestation box, but now let’s take a closer look at some of the key elements you might want to consider!
Closer Look At the Elements Of A Manifestation Box
Writing A Letter Of Intent
I could write a whole article on the practice of writing a letter of intent, but for the sake of keeping things brief, I’ll give you a quick run-down of the process!
A letter of intent is a more official way of setting your goals, wishes, and dreams, to paper. The letter of intent is like a shout out to the universe of your needs and your gratitude to the universe for considering your wishes.
When writing your letter of intent keep your tone positive, express the things you are grateful for already in your life, and how the object of your intent would improve your life further.
Don’t use negative or resort to begging or pleading as this will be much less effective.
It’s also important to keep your letter of intent specific to what you need most. The universe can’t give you the world on a silver platter, but it can give you a little nudge in the right direction or some support and guidance when you need it.
Therefore keeping your requests and intention specific helps to narrow the focus of your wishes and may just increase the chance of it becoming reality.
Affirmations And Quotes
If writing isn’t your strong-suit then don’t worry!
Some focussed affirmations can be a great alternative to a letter of intent. You could look up some options on the internet and find some which resonate best with you, or create your own, or even alter an existing affirmation to be more personal to your situation.
Examples of some great affirmations include:
- Each step forward I take is one step closer towards my goal.
- I deserve all the gifts the universe bestows on me.
- As long as I don’t give up I will achieve.
Alternatively, if you find the words of others inspiring you can choose to include quotes from your heroes or inspirational historical figures. Here are a few of my favorites:
- “Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand.” – Bob Proctor
- “We become what we think about. Energy flows where attention goes.“ – Rhonda Byrne
- “Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.” – Albert Einstein
You could write down your chosen affirmations or quotes on a piece of paper or print off or cut out an image you feel resonates with the words you have selected and write on the back of it.
Visual imagery is a great thing to add to your manifestation box as it helps you to picture your intentions and can be a great aid in visualization exercises.
You could print images or cut them out of magazines, they could even be photos that are particularly special to you. If you enjoy getting creative you could even make a collage of your favorite image and form a mini visualization board.
One of the most special parts of creating a manifestation box is the special items you choose to add.
These items should represent your intentions or your journey as a whole.
For example, if you’re looking to progress in one of your talents you might want to include previous certificates, awards, or achievements. If you’re wanting to travel you could include a bird feather you’ve found to represent flight.
It’s really up to you!
Crystals are common items that are added to manifestation boxes.
They’re a great option for giving your intentions a spiritual punch because they can emit positive energies and keep negative energies at bay. There are also so many different kinds of crystals to choose from that can represent even the most niche of intentions.
There are also lots of affordable crystals to choose from so your manifestation box doesn’t need to break the bank!
Some popular crystals used in manifestation boxes include:
- Pyrite: For manifesting money
- Clear Quartz: For broad-spectrum intentions
- Rose Quartz: For the manifestation of love and self-love
- Citrine: For self-esteem and self-confidence
- Green Aventurine: For exciting new opportunities and adventures
- Amethyst: Helps your intentions to be heard by the universe
When you’ve made your manifestation box you may be wondering; what next?
Well, there are multiple things you can do.
Firstly, it’s really important not to fixate on your box because as we all know, a watched pot never boils!
Sometimes the best option is to let your box be and let its manifestation abilities get to work.
However, if you’re a more hands-on spiritualist you can use your box in meditation practices. You can also add to your box at any time, such as including new journal entries; this can be great for keeping the ball rolling when it comes to reaching your goals and also work as a refresher to you.
Manifestation Box Ritual
Lastly, let me touch on a ritual you can use to amplify the power of your manifestation box.
As with many rituals this activity is best done during the new moon as this is the time of new beginnings and fresh starts and is when the moon’s energy is growing.
You can still do this ritual at other times of the month though!
To complete this ritual follow these steps:
- Use sage to cleanse your completed manifestation box.
- As the sage burns channel your intention and picture it strongly in your mind.
- Now light four candles like a sturdy table with 4 legs, this number represents balance and harmony.
- Recite some affirmations which relate to your box as the candles burn.
- Enjoy a moment of silence and be sure to thank the universe for hearing your wishes.
I hope you’ve found this manifestation guide useful!
In uncertain times like this, it can be easy to lose your way and let your hopes and dreams fall by the wayside.
A manifestation box is a great way to stay on track and start achieving and gaining the universal blessings you deserve. I wish you all the best on your journey!
If you liked this article then check out one of these related posts: