Empaths are masters of the art of subtlety and nuances.
Experts in emotion, they are able to view the intangible as physical.
This gift, however, is not without its drawbacks. Focussing so much on that which cannot be seen, held, or touched can leave empaths adrift, overwhelmed, and in need of grounding.
That’s why in this article we’ll be exploring the vital role that powerful grounding crystals can have in safeguarding the empaths emotional, mental, spiritual, and physical well-being.
Why Empaths Need to Practice Grounding Exercises
As mentioned, empaths deal in that which is unseen and unsaid.
They’re gifted at seeing the emotional undercurrents of their interactions with others and are adept at picking up on the smallest emotional hint or cue. Also commonly introverts and deep thinkers, empaths can often find themselves becoming overwhelmed and cast adrift from their own wants and needs.
Grounding can help the empath to steady themselves and view life with greater clarity. Benefits experienced by empaths who practice grounding include:
- An instant way to discharge and remove negative or unwanted energy
- Energetic support
- An instant sense of calmness
- Clarity of mind, body, spirit, and emotions
- Helps empaths to refocus upon their lives’ focus
A Quick Note On The Root Chakra…
The world of crystals is indelibly linked to the world of chakras.
The chakras are the energy centers of the body, and many issues experienced in our day-to-day lives are connected to blockages in one of our chakras.
In the case of empaths who have become ungrounded, oftentimes the root chakra has become blocked.
Many of the crystals on this list directly work with the root chakra and you may wish to look into further root chakra crystals if you’re struggling with grounding problems yourself but don’t have access to any of the more specialized crystals on this list.
9 Powerful Grounding Crystals For Empaths
While the following crystals on this list are not the only crystals that empaths might find beneficial, the crystals on this list have been found to be the most powerful for the specific task of keeping empaths grounded and helping empaths to recenter themselves.
Anxiety is a common and unwanted friend of the empath and can exacerbate feelings of overwhelm, which may lead to empathic burnout.
Lepidolite is a gray-toned lilac stone and is great at lessening feelings of worry, stress, and fear and can filter out these feelings, preventing the empath from internalizing them.
Alongside preventing the buildup of negative energies lepidolite emits calming energy, which allows the empath to ground themselves and view situations with clarity.
Lepidolite is particularly useful when navigating challenging or stressful periods in life such as a chaotic period of work, or family bereavement.
2. Black Obsidian
Black obsidian is another stone which acts as a barrier between the empath and negative or destructive energy.
Connected with the root chakra, black obsidian is a great choice for empaths who’ve already taken the time to ground themselves and want to retain the calm they have achieved.
For the empath, emotional blockages are the ultimate destabilizing force.
They can prevent empaths from utilizing their powerful intuition and using their gifts to help those they love; often a factor which helps to give the empaths life meaning.
Malachite is the perfect stone to free up these blockages as well as free the user of negative feelings and past emotional traumas they may have been holding on to. By bringing calm and emotional balance and working with the heart chakra, malachite helps empaths to heal and recover from past hurt and recenter and restabilize themselves.
Fluorite comes in many colors and because of this, in a way similar to quartz, can connect to and help to balance several of the chakras including the root chakra.
Fluorite may be used to heighten a person’s intuitive abilities, something which a drained empath will certainly find helpful.
Fluorites’ composition is an octahedron.
This sturdy shape means that fluorite is a brilliant crystal for grounding exercises. It can help the empath to keep healthy boundaries, which is something that the empath, often the constant giver and carer, can struggle with.
❤️ Related Posts:
- Fluorite Metaphysical Properties, Benefits & Everyday Uses
- 6 Meanings & Uses Associated With The Amazing Rainbow Fluorite
5. Smokey Quartz
Empaths are highly emotionally sensitive people and can absorb the emotions of others often without realizing it.
Smokey quartz is able to capture this negative emotional energy and transform it into positive emotional energy that the empath can use to recharge themselves.
Now, instead of excess emotion untethering them, the empath can use the extra emotional energy to ground and recharge themselves.
Moonstone is the crystal of femininity and because of this can be particularly helpful to female empaths.
This stone can help the empath unlock their inner strength and can be a great stone to rely upon during times of great and unavoidable stress and may even be used as a last defense against empathic burnout.
Moonstone is able to stabilize emotional imbalance, provide grounding, and reduce nighttime anxiety; something which empaths are often noted to experience.
7. Red Jasper
Warm in color, red jasper emits soothing grounding energy that can help a drained or ungrounded empath to restore their strength.
Inspiring self-belief and self-esteem, something which empaths can lack, red jasper help empaths to reconnect to themselves and identify the self-care that they need to restore themselves.
Jet is a black stone which is connected to the root chakra.
This stone is brilliant for grounding exercises and has been used throughout the centuries to relieve feelings of indecision.
Indecision is something which empaths are often plagued by because they are able to view problems from multiple angles at once and can often get caught up in the nuances of each potential choice without making a final decision.
This uncertainty can often cause empaths to feel adrift or become ungrounded as they start to doubt themselves and their natural intuition.
Jet is able to provide the empath with the clarity they need to create effective and informed decisions as well as shield them from the negative energy which may cause them to doubt their choices.
Bloodstone is a crystal that is green with flecks of red and connects to four of the chakras including the root and heart chakras.
Bloodstone has a strong vibrational energy which is able to penetrate through the emotional clutter often experienced by the empath, allowing them to part the veil and view their lives objectively and in a calm and grounded manner.
Relationships are an area which may be a destabilizing factor for empaths.
There is the chance for toxicity in the relationship and plenty of worries, challenges, and changes that need to be made at many stages of a successful relationship. Through grounding the empath and working with the heart chakra, bloodstone may help the empath navigate these potential challenges with ease.
How To Tell If You’re An Empath In Need Of Crystal Grounding
Being an ungrounded empath can often have physical impacts on a person’s health.
If you’re an empath experiencing two or more of the symptoms of the list below then you’ll want to consider practicing some grounding exercises to help you recenter yourself.
- Decreased levels of dopamine
- An increase in adrenaline and cortisol
- Restlessness and disorganization
- Fatigue and low stamina
- Body cramps, particularly in the legs
- Migraines or tension headaches
- Muscle pains
- Decreased attention span
- Inability to complete tasks
- Stopping and starting multiple tasks/putting off tasks
Using Crystals As An Empath To Ground Yourself
If you’ve identified that you’re an empath adrift, you’ll next need to know how to ground yourself using your chosen crystals.
There are a variety of options you may choose which you might find beneficial, and it’s worth noting that as with everything spiritual it’s about understanding yourself and altering your approach to what works best for you.
It’s perfectly okay to make your own unique grounding exercise!
Here are some grounding ideas you might like to try:
- Charging your crystals in Nature: Nature is very calming and grounding for empaths, and therefore you may wish to charge your crystals on a walk in nature so that you may benefit from this grounding energy at a later time.
- Imbue your Crystals with Intentions or Mantras: You may choose to carry your crystal with you and use them in moments of unsteadiness. When doing this, hold your crystal and focus on calming your energy and concentrate on your task at hand. You may find a certain phrase or mantra helpful too.
- Wearing Your Crystals: Many people choose to wear their crystals either as simple pendants or incorporated in pieces of jewelry. Oftentimes just having a grounding or protective crystal near you is enough to be beneficial.
- Visualize With your Crystals: Artistic or creative empaths may find visualization a helpful grounding activity. When holding your crystal picture roots growing from your feet and into the earth below. Feel yourself connect with nature and the roots steadying your legs to the ground.
- Meditation: Meditation is a popular choice for many spiritual people and may be done with crystals or incorporating spiritual items such as a crystal grid. The same may be done during yoga sessions.
- Around the Home: Many people find placing crystals in targeted places throughout their home is helpful. Throughout the day the crystals will emit their natural energies and may cleanse a space, prevent the buildup of negative energy, aid sleep, or promote feelings of calm. In the case of grounding activities, many people find that placing a crystal near their pillow allows them to rest and recharge.
Listen To Your Body
While many of the tips on this list and the powerful grounding crystals mentioned are perfect for many empaths, as we know, spiritual practices do not follow a ‘one-size-fits-all’ template.
As empaths, it is important to turn your intuition within and listen to what your mind, body, and soul is telling you.
While crystals are a great help for remaining grounded and navigating times of stress or trauma, often the centered empath is able to avoid being cast adrift by listening to themselves and their own needs.
Either way, as an empath myself, I know becoming untethered is an uncomfortable and unsettling experience.
I hope aspects of this article will inspire you and empower you, helping you to ground and recenter yourself so you may remain your best empathic self.