Galaxy quotes are a great way to take your mind off your problems because they make you realize the deeper meaning of your lives.
Sometimes, we live our lives focused on our day-to-day problems, making them the “center of our Universe.”
Some people live like this for many years without taking a break to appreciate life fully.
Life is amazing and beautiful, and you can also be the creator of your own life – life does not have to be suffering.
Even more, the life you are living now is just one alternate reality from the multitude of alternate realities possible in the Universe.
Because, in reality, our Universe is infinity. It’s not just a Universe; it’s a variety of multiverses parallel to each other.
The Universe is unlimited – it comprises millions of galaxies, multiverses, realities, planes, planets, and so on.
People have studied the sky since times immemorial, yet we are not even near to understanding all the mysteries of the beautiful, everlasting, and complicated Universe.
Galaxy quotes have become so popular because they make you aware of how small and insignificant we are – as individuals, as the human race, and as a planet.
The Universe is infinite, and there is so much that we don’t understand, so if we just take our minds off our problems for a second and focus on the beauty and the infinity of the world we live in, all the problems start to feel small.
If you’ve been going through an existential crisis and feel like you have reached a plateau in your life, focusing on the infinity of the universe and its galaxies can make you realize that there is still so much to learn and discover.
Thus, whether you’re looking for your daily inspiration or for your next Instagram caption, I invite you to read the following galaxy quotes:
Galaxy Quotes to Help You Reach for the Stars
1. “The darkest nights produce the brightest stars.”
2. “Is it not careless to become too local when there are four hundred billion stars in our galaxy alone.” – A. R. Ammons.
3. “The near side of a galaxy is tens of thousands of light-years closer to us than the far side; thus, we see the front as it was tens of thousands of years before the back. But typical events in galactic dynamics occupy tens of millions of years, so the error in thinking of an image of a galaxy as frozen in one moment of time is small.” – Carl Sagan
4. “A single poem, alone, can turn tides, scatter galaxies, and burst forth with rivers from paradise.” – Sanober Khan.
5. “I can wait for the galaxy outside to get a little kinder.” – Becky Chambers
6. “People will seek the ends of the galaxy to avoid that which they need most.” – Criss Jami
7. “…And meanwhile, the Galaxy ran through space and left behind those signs old and new, and I still hadn't found mine.” -Italo Calvino
8. “Entering a cell, penetrating deep as a flying saucer to find a new galaxy, would be an honorable task for a new scientist interested more in the inner state of the soul than in outer space.” – Dejan Stojanovic
9. “They will say that the Universe has no purpose and no plan, that since a hundred suns explode every year in our Galaxy, at this very moment, some race is dying in the depths of space. Whether that race has done good or evil during its lifetime will make no difference in the end: there is no divine justice, for there is no God.” – Arthur C. Clarke
10. “Everything dies, from the smallest blade of grass to the biggest galaxy.” – Stephen R. Donaldson
11. “Living in a galaxy is like living in a neighborhood where the house down the street might have burned down four thousand years ago, but you wouldn't know it for another three thousand years.” – Amy Leach
12. “Everybody is their own galaxy, their own separate entity.” – Weyes Blood
13. “The lyrics and the rhythms of the stars and galaxies are in the 114 chakras in your body. You just need to attune them.” – Amit Ray
14. “I look at the wonders of the sky and see myself among the stars.” – Cailah H.
15. “The sky is not the limit. There are infinite possibilities.”
16. “Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.” – Douglas Adams
17. “There are at least as many galaxies in our observable universe as there are stars in our galaxy.” – Martin Rees.
18. “When you look at the stars and the galaxy, you feel that you are not just from any particular piece of land but from the solar system.” – Kalpana Chawla
19. “We’re on the skin of a planet flying around a star at 107,000 kph, in a star system flying around the galaxy at 720,000 kph, within a galaxy flying through the universe at 2.1 million kph. Isn’t that cool? Isn’t that important? Doesn’t it make everything else pale into insignificance?” – Neil A. Hogan
20. “Our galaxy’s pretty ordinary, garden-variety. So if we believe our galaxy has a supermassive black hole, that tells us that most, if not all, galaxies host such a black hole at their centers.” – Andrea M. Ghez
21. “I am a being of Heaven and Earth, of thunder and lightning, of rain and wind, of the galaxies.” – Eden Ahbez
22. “Space has Galaxies and Planets, which generally aren’t a rock’s throw distance from each other. Technically, they can be… considering everything in space is a rock, to begin with.” – Rishabh Dubey
23. “It is quite the big galaxy, and perspective is ever a good thing. It is small compared to the Universe, on of an estimated trillion, more perspective.” – C.A.A. Savastano
24. “I live on the planet Crazy in the solar system of Delusion in the galaxy of Insanity.” – Steven Magee
25. “Who are we people, in all that global greatness of the space? …Considering things in the ecumenical measure, we are the microbes of the Universe”. – Sahara Sanders
26. “The girl flew inside some darkness, feeling really tired; soon, she decided to have a nap lying on… some Galaxy! She was herself as big as the Universe… Or was it she the part of that macrocosm?” – Sahara Sanders
27. “Humanity is about to face the final great filter, the great filter of devastating war. Either we will emerge as a peaceful and powerful race ready the conquer the Galaxy, or we will perish and become extinct, leaving the earth a dead rock in the vast endless space.” – Ahmed Salah Al Mahdi
28. “The human race may be the only intelligent beings in the galaxy.” – Stephen Hawking
29. “From the smallest atom of your being to the beautiful moon spinning around the Earth, to the largest galaxy of the cosmos, they’re all dancing to the harmonious music of the universe.” – Jim Borna
30. “Charles Wallace and the unicorn moved through the time-spinning reaches of a far glazy, and he realized that the galaxy itself was part of a mighty orchestra, and each star and planet within the galaxy added its own instrument to the music of the spheres. As long as the ancient harmonies were sung, the universe would not entirely lose its joy.” – Madeleine L'Engle
31. “We're electrical items, and when we die, the electricity goes somewhere else. When we die, our energy goes into the galaxy.” – Dominic Monaghan
32. “Sometimes the meaning beyond the talisman is greater than the talisman itself. A star has a hint of galaxies.” – Talismanist Giebra
33. “I've always thought that we, as human beings, would be naive and arrogant to pretend that we're the only life form in the galaxy.” – Jonathan Frakes
34. “There's something infinitely more interesting about the universe than anything we can find on earth.”
35. “Quantum theory tells us, Mr. Thomas, that every point in the universe is intimately connected to every other point, regardless of apparent distance. In some mysterious way, any point on a planet in a distant galaxy is as close to me as you are.” – Dean Koontz
36. “Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.” – Dan Dalessio
37. “Every hour that passes, Earth travels a little more than 800,000 kilometers around the center of our galaxy. And so do you. That’s the equivalent of about twenty trips around the planet. Every hour.” – Christophe Galfard.
38. “Everybody has a little bit of the sun and moon in them. Everybody has a little bit of man, woman, and animal in them. Darks and lights in them. Everyone is part of a connected cosmic system. Part earth and sea, wind and fire, with some salt and dust swimming in them. We have a universe within ourselves that mimics the universe outside. None of us are just black or white, or never wrong and always right. No one. No one exists without polarities. Everybody has good and bad forces working with them, against them, and within them.” – Suzy Kassem
39. “At every level in our inventory, nothing seems special about our Earth, our Sun, our Galaxy, our Local Group. Evidently, mediocrity reigns throughout. Such is our niche in the Universe.” – Eric Chaisson
41. “It's quite conceivable that life will eventually spread through the galaxy and beyond. So life may not forever be an unimportant trace contaminant of the universe, even though it now is. In fact, I find it a rather appealing view.” – Astronomer Royal Sir Martin Rees
Romantic Galaxy Quotes to Ignite the Passion in Your Relationship
41. “Your hand, touching mine. This is how galaxies collide.” – Sanober Khan
42. “She wasn't a constellation. She was a galaxy.” – Nitya Prakash
43. “Those freckles make you seem like a galaxy of stars, just waiting to be explored and loved.” – Nikita Gill
44. “She’s a galaxy of bright hues, and her heart contains a universe of love. She is starlight.” – Melody Lee
45. “<<You are the stars>>,” I whispered, our mouths so close that if I moved an inch in, we'd be pressed against one another's lips. That was corny, and I didn't even care. Hazel made me want to be the corniest asshole alive. <<You've been my light, my muse, my inspiration. Haze … you are every star in the goddamn sky. You are my galaxy.>>” -Brittainy C. Cherry
46. “His eyes were like galaxies, and everyone could get lost in them. How many stars flickered there, no one knew, but every time he glanced upon someone, a new star ignited, a new star was caught in the gravity of his stare.” – Dean F. Wilson
47. “They moved silently in each other's orbits, solitary planets in a lonely galaxy.” – Amy Harmon
48. “Where in the world would a star be without the love of the sky?” – Munia Khan.
RELATED: Rags To Riches: 114 Quotes About Poverty To Success
Motivational Galaxy Quotes That'll Inspire You
49. “I'm the girl who's going to save the damn galaxy.” – Amie Kaufman
50. “Even a small group of people can change the galaxy.” -Chuck Wendig
51. “Look at the stars… It helps you to remember that you and your problems are both infinitesimally small and, conversely, that you are a piece of an amazing and vast universe.” – Kate Bartolotta
52. “I am the Constellation of my own.” -Artist Emerald
53. “Look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see, and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious.” – Stephen Hawking
54. “I'd wanted to become a doctor and couldn't – yet I became the best-known doctor in the galaxy.” – DeForest Kelley
55. “We must remember that the sun is a star, but not all the stars are the sun.” -Munia Khan
56. “What's the point of racing around the galaxy if you aren't going to have fun?”- Zoraida Córdova
57. “For us ambitious galactic travelers, exploration of other galaxies in person will forever be a dream.” – Rajesh
58. “In this magical life we live, it’s as though everyone we’ve ever met is like a star in the galaxy of our experience and beingness. Some are near and shine bright, and others are distant and faint. Some present, some past but all significant. All part of the story of our existence – all with their own individual significance. Some known, some mysterious, some unknowable.” – Rasheed Ogunlaru
59. “Moon dust in your lungs, stars in your eyes, you are a child of the cosmos and ruler of the skies.” – Meduesa
60. “The dancing Sun the dancing moon, the dancing stars, and the dancing galaxies are the direct expression of our divine Self.” – Amit Ray
61. “I am a star. I am a galaxy.” -C.J. Redwine
62. “The life of a star is surrounded by the qualities of a Galaxy; I am that Galaxy.” – Slicktor Victor Robinson
63. “Never apologize for burning too brightly or collapsing into yourself every night. That is how galaxies are made.” – Tyler Kent White
64. “You hold the universe in you. You hold the galaxies.” – Twinkle Sharma.
65. “Keep up the good work, if only for a while, if only for the twinkling of a tiny galaxy.” – Wislawa Szymborska
66. “We are all stars in this galaxy. All of us. No one's greater than the other.” – Scatman Crothers
67. “I had always seen myself as a star; I wanted to be a galaxy.” – Twyla Tharp
Milky Way Galaxy Quotes For Galatic Insights
68. “Consider now the Milky Way. Here also we see innumerable dust, only the grains of this dust are no longer atoms but stars; these grains also move with great velocities, they act at a distance one upon another, but this action is so slight at great distances that their trajectories are rectilineal; nevertheless, from time to time, two of them may come near enough together to be deviated from their course, like a comet that passed too close to Jupiter. In a word, in the eyes of a giant, to whom our Suns were what our atoms are to us, the Milky Way would only look like a bubble of gas.” – Henri Poincaré
69. “Your dreams come crushing down when you tow the wrong path by looking at what others are doing. The Milky Way Galaxy would have been crushed down by now if each planet had left its own orbit to revolve elsewhere!” – Israelmore Ayivor
70. “Why should I feel lonely? is not our planet in the Milky Way?” – Henry David Thoreau
71. “For many years, I have been a night watchman of the Milky Way galaxy.” – Bart Bok
72. “As I lay there, listening to the soft slap of the sea, and thinking these sad and strange thoughts, more and more and more stars had gathered, obliterating the separateness of the Milky Way and filling up the whole sky.” – Iris Murdoch.
73. “A typical neuron makes about ten thousand connections to neighboring neurons. Given the billions of neurons, this means there are as many connections in a single cubic centimeter of brain tissue as there are stars in the Milky Way galaxy.” – David Eagleman
74. “Ecstatic Love is an ocean, and the Milky Way is a flake of foam floating on it.” – Rumi
75. “In less than a hundred years, we have found a new way to think of ourselves. From sitting at the center of the universe, we now find ourselves orbiting an average-sized sun, which is just one of the millions of stars in our own Milky Way Galaxy”. – Stephen Hawking
76. “The present rearranges the past. We never tell the story whole because a life isn’t a story; it’s a whole Milky Way of events, and we are forever picking out constellations from it to fit who and where we are.” – Rebecca Solnit
77. “Maybe dark matter is denser than we usually assume, kind of like the Milky Way plane.” – Lisa Randall
78. “The Milky Way is nothing else but a mass of innumerable stars planted together in clusters.” – Galileo Galilei
79. “Looking up and out, how can we not respect this ever-vigilant cognizance that distinguishes us: the capability to envision, dream, and invent? The ability to ponder ourselves? And be aware of our existence on the outer arm of a spiral galaxy in an immeasurable ocean of stars? Cognizance is our crest.” – Vanna Bonta
80. “There may be aliens in our Milky Way galaxy, and there are billions of other galaxies. The probability is almost certain that there is life somewhere in space.” – Buzz Aldrin
81. “If you look up at the Milky Way through the eyes of Carl Sagan, you get a feeling in your chest of something greater than yourself. And it is. But it’s not supernatural.” – Richard Dawkins
82. “Surely a man needs a closed place wherein he may strike root and, like the seed, become. But also he needs the great Milky Way above him and the vast sea spaces, though neither stars nor ocean serves his daily needs.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
83. “I felt as if the Milky Way, hovering above our heads like a celestial pitcher, had suddenly overturned, pouring suns and planets down my throat. Stars seemed to be shooting out of my finger and toes, the ends of my hair.” – Meg Cabot
84. “A still more glorious dawn awaits / not a sunrise, but a galaxy-rise / a morning filled with 400 billion suns / the rising of the Milky Way” – Carl Sagan
85. “You keep worrying you’re taking up too much space. I wish you’d let yourself be the milky way.” – Andrea Gibson
86. “To ancient Chinese fancy, the Milky Way was a luminous river – the River of Heaven – the Silver Stream.” – Lafcadio Hearn
87. “When we gaze at a star in the Milky Way, which is 50,000 light-years away from our sun, we are looking back 50,000 years in time.” “The idea is much too big for my little head.” – Jostein Gaarder
88. “The only way we can look out into space, then, is to look back in time. We can never know what the universe is like now. We only know what it was like then.” – Jostein Gaarder
89. “When we look up at a star that is thousands of light-years away, we are really traveling thousands of years back in the history of space.” – Jostein Gaarder
90. “The life, beauty, and meaning of the whole created order, from the tomtit to the Milky Way, refers back to the Absolute Life and Beauty of its Creator: and so lived, every bit has spiritual significance.” – Evelyn Underhill
91. “The Milky Way swooped diagonally across the heavens, reminding me of my utter insignificance and, at the same time, my complete interconnection with everything. I was just a tiny speck of consciousness, and yet I was consciousness itself.” – Roz Savage
92. “The stars are like the trees in the forest, alive and breathing. And when you look up at the sky, you feel like you are part of something much larger.”
Which Galaxy Quote Resonates Most with You?
Galaxy quotes are very diverse – some are scientific, some are spiritual, some are motivational, and some are even romantic.
But one thing all of them have in common – they all make you realize how big and amazing it’s the Universe and small we are.
If you took the time to read the quotes, we would love to hear your opinion in the comment section below: share with us which of the galaxy quotes you enjoyed the most!
Alexandra, the head author at Subconscious Servant is a Psychologist, Reiki Therapist, and writer. She loves writing about any topic from Applied Psychology, Metaphysical and Spiritual healing, hoping that people on a spiritual, self-discovery journey will find guidance and light through her articles. If you want to read more about Alexandra, visit her full author bio here.