Bruce Lipton is a scientist, author, and speaker who has spent his entire career researching the mind-body connection.
He’s helped to revolutionize our understanding of how biology works by showing that consciousness plays a much bigger role in our health than we ever imagined.
Lipton is also known for his work on the effects of belief systems on health.
In his book The Biology of Belief, he explains how your beliefs about yourself can shape your biology in ways most people would never imagine.
In this article, we'll be listing some of the most powerful Bruce Lipton quotes on the mind-body connection and how biology affects our lives.
These quotes will challenge you to think about your life in a new way.
They may even change the course of your life if you let them.
Wise Bruce Lipton Quotes
1. “We can control our lives by controlling our perceptions.”
2. “If humans were to model the lifestyle displayed by healthy community of cells, our societies and our planet would be more peaceful and vital.”
3. “To fully thrive, we must not only eliminate the stressors but also actively seek joyful, loving, fulfilling lives that stimulate growth processes”
4. “When we truly recognize that our beliefs are that powerful, we hold the key to freedom.”
5. “What quantum physics teaches us is that everything we thought was physical is not physical.”
6. “Human beings are not meant to live alone. There is a fundamental biological imperative that propels you and every organism on this planet to be in a community, to be in relationship with other organisms.”
7. “As soon as you start to tell yourself in your perception that you can’t do something anymore, then your biological system will adjust to prove you right. You will not do what you think you can’t do.”
8. “People need to realize that their thoughts are more primary than their genes, because the environment, which is influenced by our thoughts, controls the genes.”
9. “Just like a single cell, the character of our lives is determined not by our genes but by our responses to the environmental signals that propel life.”
10. “Your perspective is always limited by how much you know. Expand your knowledge and you will transform your mind.”
11. “Our thoughts are mainly controlled by our subconscious, which is largely formed before the age of 6, and you cannot change the subconscious mind by just thinking about it.”
12. “Life has everything in it. But you only see what your perception allow you to see.”
13. “You may consider yourself an individual, but as a cell biologist, I can tell you that you are in truth a cooperative community of approximately fifty trillion single-celled citizens.”
14. “We are not victims of our genes, but masters of our fates, able to create lives overflowing with peace, happiness, and love.”
15. “A miraculous healing awaits this planet once we accept our new responsibility to collectively tend the Garden, rather than fight over the turf.”
16. “We are conscious co-creators in the evolution of life. We have free will. And we have choices. Consequently our success is based on our choices, which are, in turn, totally dependent on our awareness.”
17. “You know why it’s hard to be happy — it’s because we refuse to let go of the things that make us sad.”
18. “The Universe is one indivisible, dynamic whole in which energy and matter are so deeply entangled it is impossible to consider them as independent elements.”
19. “To fully thrive, we must not only eliminate the stressors but also actively seek joyful, loving, fulfilling lives that stimulate growth processes.”
20. “You are personally responsible for everything in your life, once you become aware that you are personally responsible for everything in your life.”
21. “We are today beginning to see work by very reputable scientists that says the universe is created by our observations. It is not a coincidence; we are actively involved in physically shaping the world that we experience.”
22. “Only when Spirit and Science are reunited will we be afforded the means to a better world.”
23. “I learned again and again in my life, until you get your own act together, you’re not ready for Big Love. What you’re ready for is one of those codependent relationships where you desperately need a partner.”
Deep Bruce Lipton Quotes
24. “Drugging out symptoms does not solve the problem, it helps us ignore it – until the vehicle breaks down.”
25. “The new physics provides a modern version of ancient spirituality. In a universe made out of energy, everything is entangled; everything is one.”
26. “We are living in a world that is in the late stage of a Caterpillar. It is very important to let go of the old and start to gravitate to the new because we are leaving behind a world that is no longer sustainable and moving into a world in which we can thrive.”
27. “Deism is the belief that nature and God are one and the same thing. If you study nature, you’re getting insights about God.”
28. “Our problems are not with the data, itself, but arise from our interpretation of the data.”
29. “Your own beliefs are selecting your genes, and if you don’t have the right genes to handle the stress that your in, your belief will rewrite your genes in an effort to do so.”
30. “Once we go beyond this and start to open up and question and experience things in a different way, we can move forward.”
31. “A human can alter their field, but can't change the world.”
32. “Your children’s genes reflect only their potential, not their destiny. It is up to you to provide the environment that allows them to develop to their highest potential.”
33. “The overuse of prescription drugs provides a vacation from personal responsibility.”
34. “I am the master of my genes, not the victim of them.”
35. “Human beings have a great capacity for sticking to false beliefs with great passion and tenacity.”
36. “Through consciousness, our minds have the power to change our planet and ourselves. It is time we heed the wisdom of the ancient indigenous people and channel our consciousness and spirit to tend the garden and not destroy it.”
37. “It is far easier to be entertained by a reality TV than to participate in our own reality.”
38. “A cell is a “programmable chip” whose behavior and genetic activity are primarily controlled by environmental signals, not genes.”
39. “However, I truly believe that only when Spirit and Science are reunited will we be afforded the means to create a better world.”
40. “As a nation we should look more carefully at how our fear of future acts of terrorism is undermining our quality of life.”
41. “You can live a life of fear or live a life of love.”
42. “E-Motion will have a very positive impact on the evolution of human consciousness.”
43. “No one is fixed until they make the effort to change.”
44. “Nature is based on harmony. So it says if we want to survive and become more like nature, then we actually have to understand that it's cooperation versus competition.”
45. “Here is the amazing thing: the caterpillar and the butterfly have the exact same DNA. They are the same organism but are receiving and responding to a different organizing signal.”
46. “At the atomic level, matter does not even exist with certainty; it only exists as a tendency to exist.”
RELATED: 83 Gregg Braden Quotes That’ll Change How You See The World
Bruce Lipton Quotes on the Mind
47 “The separation between us and them or between us and Nature that we so vividly experience in our reality is an illusion held in place by our beliefs.”
48. “Positive thoughts are a biological mandate for a happy, healthy life. In the words of Mahatma Gandhi: Your beliefs become your thoughts Your thoughts become your words Your words become your actions Your actions become your habits Your habits become your values Your values become your destiny.”
49. “As many conventionally unhappy parents did in the 1950s, my parents stayed together for the sake of the childrenâ€”they divorced after my youngest brother left home for college. I only wish they had known that modeling their dysfunctional relationship was far more damaging to their children than their separation would have been.”
50. “Already there is a study that shows that when humans digest genetically modified foods, the artificially created genes transfer into and alter the character of the beneficial bacteria in the intestine”
51. “You cannot be “guilty” of bad parental behavior if you had no awareness or understanding of the implications of that behavior on your child’s development.”
52. “So one way of looking at our trillion-celled bodies is that they are protein machines, although, as you know, I think we are more than machines! It sounds simple, but it isn’t. For one thing, it takes over 100,000 different types of proteins to run our bodies.”
53. “The planet's hope and salvation lies in the adoption of revolutionary new knowledge being revealed at the frontiers of science.”
54. “Most illness is just stress from not living in harmony”
55. “So many of us are leading limited lives not because we have to but because we think we have to.”
56. “The moment you change your perception is the moment you rewrite the chemistry of your body.”
57. “Beliefs and thoughts alter cells in your body.”
58. “The ‘secret of life’ is BELIEF. Rather than genes, it is our beliefs that control our lives. PSYCH-K is a set of simple, self-empowering techniques to change your beliefs and perceptions that impact your life at a cellular level.”
59. “The human being is a skin-covered petrie dish.”
60. “However, as pursuit of happiness morphed into pursuit of material, all of the promises became compromised. So what went wrong? How did this happen?”
61. “I was exhilarated by the new realization that I could change the character of my life by changing my beliefs. I was instantly energized because I realized that there was a science-based path that would take me from my job as a perennial “victim” to my new position as “co-creator” of my destiny.
62. “When two people become entangled, one person will conform to the energy of the other person. When one of them is a healer whose cells are vibrating at a higher level, the client's cells become entangled, and their energy is lifted. That's why that old saying, “physician heal thyself,” is so important, even though most don't understand it: If the physician's energy is going to influence or, in scientific terms, “entrain” the patient's, the doctor's must be higher.”
63. “If the brain expects that a treatment will work, it sends healing chemicals into the bloodstream, which facilitates that. That's why the placebo effect is so powerful for every type of healing. And the opposite is equally true and equally powerful: When the brain expects that a therapy will not work, it doesn't. It's called the “nocebo” effect.”
64. “A renaissance in cellular biology has recently revealed the molecular mechanisms by which thoughts and perceptions directly influence gene activity and cell behavior…Energy psychology, through its ability to rapidly identify and reprogram limiting misconceptions, represents the most powerful and effective process to enhance physical and emotional well being.”
65. “When you break up the individuals from a community into individual units, they become disempowered because it's the collective consciousness and the collective energy of the group from which power comes. The principal driving force that lies before us is that we have to recognize the nature of community as the evolutionary step that we just took a step backwards from in the last century.”
66. “I realized that if I changed the environment that these cells were in, I could turn the cells into bone, and if I changed the environment a bit more, they would form fat cells.”
67. “Every person perceives the world differently. So essentially, there are six billion human versions of reality on this planet, each perceiving its own truth.”
RELATED: Joe Dispenza’s 101+ BEST Quotes That’ll Inspire You
Bruce Lipton Quotes From The Biology of Belief
68. “Physicists abandoned their belief in a Newtonian, material universe because they had come to realize that the universe is not made of matter suspended in empty space but energy.”
69. “We need to move beyond Darwinian Theory, which stresses the importance of individuals, to one that stresses the importance of the community. British scientist Timothy Lenton provides evidence that evolution is more dependent on the interaction among species than it is on the interaction of individuals within a species. Evolution becomes a matter of the survival of the fittest groups rather than the survival of the fittest individuals.”
70. “Matter can simultaneously be defined as a solid (particle) and as an immaterial force field (wave).”
71. “Biological behavior can be controlled by invisible forces, including thought, as well as it can be controlled by physical molecules like penicillin, a fact that provides the scientific underpinning for pharmaceutical-free energy medicine.”
72. “The trillion-dollar pharmaceutical industry puts its research money into the search for magic bullets in the form of chemicals because pills mean money. If energy healing could be made into tablet form, drug manufacturers would get interested quickly. Instead, they identify deviations in physiology and behavior that vary from some hypothetical norm as unique disorders or dysfunctions, and then they educate the public about the dangers of these menacing disorders.”
73. “The science of epigenetics has also made it clear that there are two mechanisms by which organisms pass on hereditary information. Those two mechanisms provide a way for scientists to study both the contribution of nature (genes) and the contribution of nurture (epigenetic mechanisms) in human behavior.”
74. “Signal transduction science recognizes that the fate and behavior of an organism is directly linked to its perception of the environment.”
75. “Because we are not powerless biochemical machines, popping a pill every time we are mentally or physically out of tune is not the answer. Drugs and surgery are powerful tools when they are not overused, but the notion of simple drug fixes is fundamentally flawed. Every time a drug is introduced into the body to correct function A, it inevitably throws off function B, C, or D.”
76. “Over 80 percent of noncoding DNA is involved with regulating the production and assembly of gene-encoded proteins. A major discovery also found that “dark” DNA contains mechanisms by which environmental information can be used to modify the readout of protein-encoding genes. It turns out that dark DNA uses epigenetic mechanisms that enable a human cell with 19,000 gene blueprints to code for over a hundred thousand different protein molecules!”
77. “Nevertheless, the drugging of America continues—one Mayo Clinic study concluded that nearly seven out of ten Americans are taking prescription drugs, and a whopping 20 percent take five or more! (Zhong, et al, 2013) This includes millions of courses of antibiotics that have spawned life-threatening, drug-resistant microbes.”
Which Bruce Lipton Quotes Were Your Favorites?
Bruce Lipton’s quotes are the stuff of legend.
His words convey a deep understanding of how consciousness and biology connect, and they can be used as powerful tools to change your mind, heal your body, and transform your life.
With that being said, do let us know which quotes you resonated with the most in the comments down below!
And if you haven’t yet read his books, we highly recommend that you do.
They’re life-changing and will help to explain why it is that Bruce Lipton’s quotes are so powerful in the first place!
I'm a full-time freelance writer with a love for writing self-improvement, relationships, mental health, and lifestyle articles. Check out my other articles here on Subconscious Servant, or also Thought Catalog (that’s where I express myself in a more creative form ✨).